• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of the good ones have already been taken, but how has Persona not been mentioned??

In terms of newer games:

Oct 27, 2017
Was gonna post Final Fantasy IX's Dali and Bravely Default's Florem but they've already been posted. I absolutely love them.

Anyway, World of Final Fantasy has an amazing rendition of Eternal Wind that plays in Saronia that I really like.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is the one for me, nothing is better:

The sense of awe, of the sea, of being alive, happiness...

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Pick any of the themes from Chrono Cross, they're all great. Just a couple of examples:

Chrono Cross has one of the most consistently good soundtracks compared to almost any game, and I will die on that hill (despite not liking the game itself that much).

Edit: To contribute, Holy City Wendel's theme from the Trials of Mana remake is just beautiful.

Last edited:

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Most of my essentials have been posted already (Dali the GOAT) so have a couple more

FFXIV: Shadowbringers: Knowledge Never Sleeps. Very chill and then the vocals kick in at 3:05 and it's the most pleasant (and rewarding) surprise.

And Goldenrod is perhaps my favorite Pokémon town theme ever

BratmanDu

Mar 27, 2018
Ah i love a good town theme, final fantasy, chrono trigger/cross, xenoblade chronicles 1/2, secret of manas, so hard to pick a favourite but this always makes me smile:

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's not even the best Xenogears city theme! :(

This, though:

One of my favourites is also this one from Wild ARMs:

You sir have great taste and I agree. Some other additions to the mix.

Wild Arms ost is honestly one of the best in games, every piece is so memorable.

I don't know if I missed it but not seeing this theme really surprised me.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
Some really good mentions in this thread already. I love a good town theme!

Fisherman's Horizon - FFVIII
This one was always so calming to me after all the shit that goes down prior to getting there. It's peaceful, relaxing, but also a little bit fun in a way. The orchestrated one is also fantastic.

Iki Town (Night) - Pokémon Sun & Moon
The day time version of this is also great, but I love how calming this one is at night. It's really soothing. I think Sun & Moon did an amazing job with town themes in general, and I was so glad they did day and night versions of themes, as well as introducing things like leitmotifs.

[Bonus] The Luma and the Hat - Super Mario Galaxy 2
Now this obviously isn't town theme music or anything haha, but I've always thought it would make the perfect theme for a small and cosy village in a JRPG.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
All these VIII tracks and nobody post the best one

1436467618639.gif

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Cassardis theme from Dragons Dogma, especially the end game version. It just feels nostalgic when you wake up in the village and know that it feels like a home that you have to leave.

Also when the School theme in Fire Emblem 3H changes to Broken Routine. That theme made the game for me, especially after what happens. Just walking around the same areas as before but with an obvious weight on your shoulders.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
I never played a lot of jrpgs but Pokémon Diamond&Pearl I always really liked

edit: limited to one

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Mitsuda is the grand master for these. The town themes from Xenogears and Chrono Cross are god tier.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Not Dragon Quest XI. Im playing it now and there are a ton of towns all with the same theme and i cant stand it anymore.

Lydecker

Aug 13, 2020
Always these four...

Kingdom Hearts - Traverse Town

Dragon Quest VIII - Peaceful Town

Ni No Kuni - Ding Dong Dell

Final Fantasy VI - Run through the city

Last edited:

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
This might be cheating because you have to select the song for your "My Castle" theme to make it a town theme but I'm trying to resist posting more FFXIV.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Any town from Final Fantasy 9, Pokémon and Xenoblade 2 and I'll be listening to it for hours
💕

Tolby

Sep 24, 2019
Eastern Europe

All village themes in the NieR series are great, but I especially like this one. It's one of the few happier ones, and it gives off such a pleasant mood in an otherwise unpleasant world.