• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

g23

Oct 27, 2017
For me it's gotta be Ulduar.

127345-ulduar-stairs-in-the-antechamber-of-ulduar.jpg

The way it builds up from your whole guild assaulting with Steamtanks was just the most epic moment ever for my teenage brain.

maxresdefault.jpg

Second place would have to be taking down Atheon in Destiny 1, i remember our group exploiting the glitch that allowed the boss to be pushed off the edge of the environment because we were noobs and had no chance of actually defeating him normally.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
The Vault of Glass was fun for a while. That's one of the few raids I've played so I'd go with that.

Rhoman

Nov 14, 2019
Vault of Glass in Destiny 1. It was my first raid of any kind and I really had no idea what I was in for, I remember being disappointed when Chatterwhite was the only thing to drop from Atheon (great shader though!). Second favorite, Garden of Salvation from Destiny 2.

Vince-DiCola

Banned
May 22, 2019
Culloden
King's Fall. Destiny.
No other raid in Destiny or it's sequel has matched the epic scale, every encounter is memorable and enjoyable and the final battle is spectacular.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Between ulduar/firelands/hellfire citadel for me
mechanics wise its ulduar and HFC (HFC I have better memories around)
firelands for the best final boss in the game

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 1 Wrath of the Machine was a super fun raid, the mechanics were all pretty nutty. The giant vehicle section was a huge highlight. Overall probably my favorite raid followed by Vault of Glass.

My favorite raid section is still the thrall pit in Crota's End. That was such a riot the first time through.

King's Fall. Destiny.
No other raid in Destiny or it's sequel has matched the epic scale, every encounter is memorable and enjoyable and the final battle is spectacular.

Honestly this raid and the first Destiny 2 raid are among my least favorite. Most sections require all 6 players to be tightly coordinated and when you have some players lagging in skill-level they can be VERY un-fun. The best Destiny raids always allowed for a few people to be dragged along by very good players. When they introduced randomness, i.e. randomly picking a person to be the platformer, it got weird.

I'll give you that when you had 6 really good players clicking it was the best done raid in Destiny so far. But for me that was a rare experience.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ulduar was mine too. I'll post some screenshots later, have to dig 'em out.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Ulduar all the way. Notable mention to karazhan
Felt like one of the few wow raids that succeeded in all departments
  • Fresh encounter design. From vehicle bossfights to changing the difficulty of the boss as you fight them. Throw in there a secret boss... All around incredible
  • Non linear in its level design and giant
  • one of the few wow dungeons that created actual interesting new lore in meaningful ways and added to the already existing one. Keeps being referenced in current wow quests/lore
  • visually unique, great tier designs too
  • YOU FIGHT AN OLD GOD
  • Probably a bunch of other great stuff that im missing. God I miss TBC, Wotlk wow
8cbed2eed5cfd701e09b4707142df664.jpg

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
For me it has to be The Ivalice Raid series from FFXIV the whole thing made me grin ear to ear

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The vehicle stuff in Ulduar sucks butts, everything else is pretty good though.

I don't know what I'd pick as number 1, but it's probably something from WoW.

You guys are making me want to go back to wow. How's the current raid experience?

At this point you're probably better off waiting for the new xpac which is probably this fall or winter. It's had some good fights but it's in the last phase of the current one (final big content patch drops next week) and so isn't an ideal time to drop in.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Plane of Fear, Everquest.

Don't think I've ever been so scared for my digital life in any game since.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
King's Fall in Destiny. One of those few times where the Destiny franchise almost realized the insane potential it has.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vault of Glass, Guardians decide their own fate.

Wrath of the Machine had a particularly epic final fight.

King's Fall first time was like breaking through that brink wall and it was awesome.

Last Wish was particularly interesting but I've only been able to do it the "blast the dragon in the mouth" strategy.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Another for Ulduar. It felt like that was the raid team finally deciding to cut loose.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
honestly when i did ulduar the vehicle section being first made me sort of hate the whole place from the get go

to be honest i havent ever raided with people i like so i kind of dont enjoy raiding lol, it is always just me being silent for hours on end for a chance at loot that i only mildly care about

my favorite raid conceptually has always been aq40 but that is mostly due to the build up and the aesthetics and the bugs and old god stuff before it was (imo) played out

it felt like it was really something that was beyond the scope of my warcraft experience

Last edited:

Vince-DiCola

Banned
May 22, 2019
Culloden
Destiny 1 Wrath of the Machine was a super fun raid, the mechanics were all pretty nutty. The giant vehicle section was a huge highlight. Overall probably my favorite raid followed by Vault of Glass.

My favorite raid section is still the thrall pit in Crota's End. That was such a riot the first time through.

Honestly this raid and the first Destiny 2 raid are among my least favorite. Most sections require all 6 players to be tightly coordinated and when you have some players lagging in skill-level they can be VERY un-fun. The best Destiny raids always allowed for a few people to be dragged along by very good players. When they introduced randomness, i.e. randomly picking a person to be the platformer, it got weird.

I'll give you that when you had 6 really good players clicking it was the best done raid in Destiny so far. But for me that was a rare experience.

That's honestly why I love it so much.
Every player has to do their part well, I don't enjoy carrying players.
I feel that a raid should be a team experience in which all players contribute to the success of the team.
King's Fall leaves almost no room for weak links.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I loved all the FFXI level 75 dynamics, places like San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok, Jeuno and Beaucedine. I hated the Outland zones like Valkrum and Buburimu, horrible places.

Does 'Sky' count as a raid?

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Last Wish is probably one of the best raids of all time. A personal favourite would be Scourge of the Past as well, it's just very fun to run through.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
FF14 Orbonne Monastery from the Ivalice Raid Questline mentioned above.

Current Copied Factory is coming into a close second, especially with that music for the final boss.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
BWL from WoW. Not the best mechanically or anything, but so many strong memories. Approaching it in Classic is exciting.

Genetic Archives from Wildstar. A proper raid. Huge, many fights, good lore, hard trash, so incredible to clear. The combat/class set-up in Wildstar was so fucking fun - even as it used the Holy Trinity (my fav) - it made the whole thing a (tense) blast. So sad that by the time I got a monster PC the game was gone :(

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
300px-Deadmines_tcg.jpg

The Deadmines. Shit, not exactly a raid but I'll never forget how mind blowing it was seeing the ship in there at the end. Still love running through it to this day.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Ulduar

Going through it was a blast, then there was the Hard Modes.

Didnt get Alone in the Darkness when it was current but trying was extremely frustrating and rewarding.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Ulduar is one of the most memorable gaming experiences ever for me. Pretty much WoW at its peak. I will never forget getting server first on Yogg-Saron and Algalon. it's still up on youtube somehow

Can't believe this was 10 years ago lol

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
King's Fall in Destiny, just loved it, was my first Raid after dropping the game before Vault of Glass released and still my favorite. Just such a great experience all round, lot of fun, some decent loot and great ending to the Oryx story.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
FUCK now I am watching Wildstar videos and getting sad. I really liked the game and it also happened to come out at one of the happiest moments of my life so far, and it died when that happy time also died :*(

feelsbadman

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Karazhan is my favorite but Ulduar is a super close second. I like a lot of TBC raids, I didn't really care for anything past Ulduar.