• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I bet they just delete the whole british aspect of psyclock's character and have her be part of the asian lore that they're building in shang shi/eternals/namor.

Because shit dude.

SHIT DUDE.

DON'T DO THAT BODY SWAPPING SHIT.
Marvel fixed that themselves after she was possessed by some other mutant who then killed her body before she hijacked that mutant's body, purged her consciousness, and then used telekinesis to change her appearance into her original white lady who dyes her hair purple.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I could see it going three ways:
Captain Britain and Psylocke both appear, not body swap
One Captain Britain or Psylocke appear, and one doesn't
They are an amalgam character, maybe with Betsy being Asian-British.
I could see the third, especially if they were thinking of making her be Hong Kong representation.

Just...stay away from that body swapping shit.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite is that time Nightcrawler became a supernatural detective. He fought the demon from the Exorcist, and then dealt with a bunch of ghosts who made some New York subway tunnels and died.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I could see the third, especially if they were thinking of making her be Hong Kong representation.

Just...stay away from that body swapping shit.
Psylocke is easy.

Captain Britain: Brian Braddock.
Psylocke: Betsy Braddock.
Ravanche: Kwannon, the woman's body she stole.

Kwannon had her own identity back when it was a legit body swap and not whatever mess of a "Betsy stole her body and Kwannon existed on the fringes of her mind" thing they kind of turned it into toward the end, so just let them have their original codenames, ignore the swap, and call it a day.

Just have whatever psychic shit going on let Betsty steal her ninja skills like Agent X.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Psylocke is easy.

Kwannon had her own identity back when it was a legit body swap and not whatever mess of a "Betsy stole her body and Kwannon existed on the fringes of her mind" thing they kind of turned it into toward the end, so just let them have their original codenames, ignore the swap, and call it a day.

Just have whatever psychic shit going on let Betsty steal her ninja skills like Agent X.

It's transparently obvious that Kwannon's only really back because fanboys luv the Jim Lee Psylocke design.

Claremont did a weird body swap story in 1988 because he was kind of Like That and then it just never went away. After he left and came back a decade later he killed Psylocke in his first X-Treme X-Men story arc to facilitate bringing her back in her original body and she still ended up getting revived normally.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Give it a few years and she'll be doubly divorced, mind controlled by something and going nutso.
She'll leave Wolverine for Albert.

143633-53761-albert.jpg

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It's transparently obvious that Kwannon's only really back because fanboys luv the Jim Lee Psylocke design.

Claremont did a weird body swap story in 1988 because he was kind of Like That and then it just never went away. After he left and came back a decade later he killed Psylocke in his first X-Treme X-Men story arc to facilitate bringing her back in her original body and she still ended up getting revived normally.
Kwannon deserves the pant suit.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Psylocke is easy.

I think they gave Kwannon the Psylocke name because now Psylocke is mainly associated with the Jim Lee costume moreso than Betsy herself.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite is that time they revealed that Havok connects to the Alex Summers of every other reality. He's the focal point where realities touch, and he subconsciously realized that and incorporated that into the design of his classic helmet in so many universes.

They probably retconned that at some point though.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Storm is a deity now. She was always worshipped as a goddess, but now she draws power from it like all pantheons in Marvel do.

My favorite is that time they revealed that Havok connects to the Alex Summers of every other reality. He's the focal point where realities touch, and he subconsciously realized that and incorporated that into the design of his classic helmet in so many universes.

They probably retconned that at some point though.
It hasn't been retconned, I just don't think they've brought it up since the Exiles had to stop evil Mutant X Havok from possessing him.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Storm is a deity now. She was always worshipped as a goddess, but now she draws power from it like all pantheons in Marvel do.

It hasn't been retconned, I just don't think they've brought it up since the Exiles had to stop evil Mutant X Havok from possessing him.
So she's not even a mutant then? I remember her debut explicitly stating she was not a Goddess.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, no, god damn it no, this one is a mistake.

Back in 1963 at the very beginning of the X-Men the idea was that Mutants were the "children of the atom" and got their powers thanks to being mutated by exposure to radiation. Xavier himself was intended to be only a few years older than his team at best, and then a few issues later the idea was dropped and he became the sagely mentor and, subsequently, the idea that he loved Jean never came up again.

...Until 1996 where, in the Onslaught story, Mark fucking Waid of all people wrote in a scene where Onslaught shows Jean Xavier's memory of this panel.

Joss Whedon really kicked it into gear but Mark Waid is probably the guy who got the "Xavier is an evil douchebag" train rolling to begin with.

This is why they made Xavier's (currently deceased) girlfriend a bird lady who ruled over an alien empire.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That Project Rebirth, the program that created Captain America was actually secretly part of Weapon Plus, the organization that captured and bonded Adamantium to Wolverine; the X in Weapon X actually being 10, with Deadpool being Weapon XI and characters like Fantomex being Weapon XIII.

But wait, there's more!

Weapon Plus was actually started by a man named John Sublime, and John Sublime was possessed by a sentient bacteria colony that came to earth millions of years ago to enter a symbiotic relationship with life on Earth that eventually came to hate mutants because they were the only species that were immune to it.

It's stupid, but it's comic book stupid, which makes it great!

And there's more!

Humanity's initial spurts of irrational hatred for mutants is largely Sublime's fault through subconscious influence to get humans to come up with ways of driving mutants to extinction!

But wait, there's more, said sentient bacteria has a sister bacteria named Arkea that can possess technology.

but wrapping back to the Project Rebirth/Weapon Plus thing, there's very few corners of Marvel not touched by them. The Infinity Formula that Nick Fury used was originally derived from them before Hickman's retcon of it being created by Leonardo Di Vici or some shit, we have characters like Sabretooth, Team X,and so on. Emma Frost has five daughters rapidly aged into late teenagedom thanks to their experiments, Mr. Sinister infiltrated them back in the 50's, and so on.

Weapon Plus runs deep in Marvel.
Weapon XI was Daken not Deadpool.

The Weapon X project did several experiments its just that Wolverine is the one most well know to us Kain, Deadpool, Mastadon, Silver Fox, Maverick and Silver Fox were all Weapon X experiments.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Starjammers
Imperial Guard
Lilandra
Death bird

The space stuff was always cool to me.

Oct 25, 2017
I love when they find out characters are much more powerful thought, Iceman prob the biggest example of this

also, I loved back in the day when they just hung out on the campus and played baseball or some shit

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I bet they just delete the whole british aspect of psyclock's character and have her be part of the asian lore that they're building in shang shi/eternals/namor.

Because shit dude.

SHIT DUDE.

DON'T DO THAT BODY SWAPPING SHIT.
Nah I don't want that. I want the Braddock siblings and all that it entails.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Kitty Pryde is just a normal Jewish girl from Chicago until she discovers she's a mutant, and then

She has a space dragon as a pet
She's possessed by a demon ninja master and learns martial arts
She's best friends with the Ruler of Limbo and also gets part-time ownership of the Soul Sword
Her other best friend is her time-traveling friend from the future that she helped send back herself
She (maybe) actually isn't a mutant, but a super mutant called a Neo, but probably not because that's dumb
She got locked into a planet killing bullet and shot into space, but eventually came back

and that's just the extra cray-cray stuff, not counting the time she was almost forced to marry Caliban the morlock, or when Dr. Doom had to cure her phasing powers, or she when became an agent of SHIELD. In hindsight, developing a drinking problem when she became a pirate was probably long overdue.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
She must have a thing for mutants of color considering she's dating Sunspot now.
For real? that seems like some cougar action. But then again Black Canary broke up with Green Arrow and then took The Ray's virginity like a week later. Bird themed women want what they want and get it

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
For real? that seems like some cougar action. But then again Black Canary broke up with Green Arrow and then took The Ray's virginity like a week later. Bird themed women want what they want and get it
They do! She makes him take a bath for several hours before seeing him to get the Earth smell off.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait is Deathbird not evil anymore?

I know that the Shi'Ar Empire is ruled by Xavier and Lilandra's weird clone daughter in Mr. and Mrs. X ever since Lilandra got killed off over a decade ago in a comic that had nothing to do with her.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, add in the many times the X-Mansion is destroyed and rebuilt

And the good ol' team baseball games

Fastball specials

And honestly I wish I could say the Phoenix but beyond being overused just in the X-Books, it's now the marvel community bicycle it seems. I hate that it wasn't just left as an X-Men thing.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fastball specials

And honestly I wish I could say the Phoenix but beyond being overused just in the X-Books, it's now the marvel community bicycle it seems. I hate that it wasn't just left as an X-Men thing.

Jason Aaron's favourite thing to do with comics is turn random characters into Phoenix.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Fastball specials

It hasn't been for a long time.

1790294-spider_man_025_16.jpg

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
It's Krakoa to me. I know it still has time to play out and explore other territories, but the fact that all of mutantkind united (after being given access to Moira's memories/testimony from her various lifetimes) and is finally just deciding to live for themselves is really cool. The comic booky stakes of an impending onslaught of ominous forces is usual comic book fare, but the entire "HOXPOX" mini-saga really shifted X-Men into what I feel is an incredibly hopeful spirit that feels like it has the potential to finally kinda think bigger about mutantkind than just their constant conflicts with normies.

... but I also dropped off around the time my local lockdowns start happening last year so I maybe made it up to Hickman X-Men #7 or 8 and haven't kept track of anything since. Still, the premise and particularly HOXPOX felt like a huge breath of fresh air to me. Sure, there's some huge challenges facing the foundation of Krakoa but I still feel like it positions the X-Men in a much more interesting light that breaks them from a 20ish year rut of trying to feel novel and interesting in the same way they felt in their earlier history (about up until the start of the 90's).
Yeah, I haven't actually read any X-Men comics, but I've been keeping up with the recent Krakoa stuff and it's awesome.

I love how crazy it is while still working with the existing canon, and I really hope they don't just reset it back to how it used to be eventually.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Jason Aaron's favourite thing to do with comics is turn random characters into Phoenix.

Even a damn bullet

marvel.fandom.com

Phoenix Bullet

4 appearance(s) of Phoenix Bullet 1 image(s) of Phoenix Bullet

Not really the Phoenix Force apparently?

I know there have been one-offs and What-Ifs and alternate realities and niche stuff like Giraud, the human Phoenix host from the Guardians of the Galaxy in the year 3000 or some such...but not like the mainline push it's been since Avengers vs X-Men

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they have a daughter that has disappeared since then? Maybe I'm making it up...

That was in X-Men: The End by Chris Claremont, which was a trilogy of miniseries depicting a decent future for the X-Men in a wider line about hypothetical endpoints for various Marvel characters.

Kitty Pryde was the President and married to Rachel, so it's always forever canon.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Storm, Rogue, Jean, Jubilee, X-23, Kitty, Dazzler, there are certainly a lot of them. I'm mainly curious what they'll do with Captain Britain + Psylocke, if anything.

Probably just skip to Kwannon as Psylocke (but probably make the movie character an amalgamation of Betsy and Kwannon)

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

That wasn't him really becoming the Phoenix. Rachel was "killed" when it seemed Excalibur showed up to aid himself and Captain Britain.

Spidey went to check on her and realized she was "still warm from the Phoenix Force" which at the time was not considered pyrokenetic.

He realized that she was actual one of Arcade's androids and rigged up her "guts" to fake the Phoenix effect to end the threat.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite X-Men thing is the New mutants don't use their codenames that much between each other. Even in Krakoa where the mutant matters the most, you have Magneto, You have Wolverine and then you have just some dude called Doug.

And Doug will steal your girl.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite X-Men thing is the New mutants don't use their codenames that much between each other. Even in Krakoa where the mutant matters the most, you have Magneto, You have Wolverine and then you have just some dude called Doug.

And Doug will steal your girl.
That is the rule of the Marvel universe. Them marvel women love the dudes that can make them laugh and knows PI to the 5392 place.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
With X-Men only being second to Spidey for me as far as comics go. So much of the mutant lore is deep and entwined with so much other lore and I love almost all of it.

Favorite parts being

A. Cosmic Marvel. So much of the history and lore is tied into space and really only beaten in amount and quality of lore by non-earth characters, but for earthers they seem to have the most and best relationship to space, also connected to Binary, the one version of Carol I honestly love. Highlights for me being anything to do with the M'Kraan Crystal and the brood.

B. The fact that with a few exceptions most mutants heros or villains pretty much have the same end goal of mutant safety and peace, and most of the fighting through Marvel history isn't about that being the end goal, and more about what it looks like and how to achieve it.

C. Krakoa. A true evolution that I hope remains permanent status quo since it doesn't destroy the history and lore. It actually ties it all together and comes to a conclusion that created a platform that could lead to decades of new stories that are not wheel spinning or aping Claremont.

and I am going to add a dishonorable mention

F. Adam-X, Summers brothers, anything beyond Scott, Alex, grudgingly Vulcan and just a pinch of Sinister is the worst of the lore, and as much as I love me some Fabian that's the last thing they need to go dig up from the past.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
C. Krakoa. A true evolution that I hope remains permanent status quo since it doesn't destroy the history and lore. It actually ties it all together and comes to a conclusion that created a platform that could lead to decades of new stories that are not wheel spinning or aping Claremont.
House and Powers establishes that Krakoa remaining the permanent status quo isn't going to happen. We already know it's going to blow up, the ride is about seeing how it blows up.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I always got a kick out of how Logan and Scott don't get along. Makes perfect sense. It was funny when it bled over into films.

"You're a dick".

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is the rule of the Marvel universe. Them marvel women love the dudes that can make them laugh and knows PI to the 5392 place.

He was great during that Mario Party sword tournament thingy, got the most death flags of the cast and banged his way outta that whole mess.