• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Arica Harbor
latest

Port Valdez
latest

Bad Company 2 had the GOAT maps.

Every map in MGO2 was amazing too.

Urban Ultimatum

Coppertown Conflict

Eurcadia

maxresdefault.jpg

I miss MGO and I miss Warhawk.
YESSS

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Hard to encapsulate this in an image.

maxresdefault.jpg

Day Of Defeat Source - Flash

I bought HL2 GOTY, drifted away from the game halfway through. I tried CS:Source, but didn't like the way the game was structured. Instead, I got really into the front line war of attrition in DOD:Source.

I loved Flash - the quaint French village. There was always something going on somewhere. The main street which would become a clash of the snipers in the hollowed out buildings, assault class rushing to try and get in and clear each of them out. The side alleyways which would often become a war of the camps, large open fields, ripe for the fixed gun class to mop up anybody breaking lines. At any point, each of these areas were an active battle. A push fowards to establish a foothold created a new meta around fresh chokeholds. It took some serious effort to go forwards or backwards if each team was harmonious.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Carentan from Call of Duty. Even though it's appeared in subsequent CoD games (United offensive, CoD 2, CoD 4 (as Chinatown) and WWII, its the original, that I loved.

10571680-Carentan_1.jpg

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Definitely agree with not enough Blood Gulch mentions (de_dust2 is self explanatory). Was THE map for LAN Halo:CE and also started the entire RvB series.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
It's surprisingly hard to find good shots, but Return to Castle Wolfenstein had some classics: Depot, Ice, Destruction...

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
I'll always have a soft spot for The Black Gold in Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.

One team starts on the beach, the other on the oil rig. It isn't amazingly balanced but the spectacle of one entire team crossing the ocean in boats to reach the rig was so fun at the time.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Wake Island from all the Battlefields.
Not my favorite Battlefield map ever, but it is in a higher tier, and certainly the most long-lived and iconic map of the series.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The Christmas version of King's Row from Overwatch. Soooo cozy 🥰

Jan 4, 2018
Fair enough! Didn't know if there was a reason you picked it over Facility/if it had significant differences. I never owned PD on the N64 and basically never touched the MP in the XBLA release.

Well, the thread title says "online shooter map", so I cheated and picked up Felicity from the Perfect Dark XBLA version.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally almost any map from Socom II :p

Crossroads
Fish Hook
Desert Glory
Sandstorm
Blizzard
Frostfire
Etc

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Facing Worlds/Deck16 - UT
Campgrounds - Quake
Dust2/Dust1/Office/Honestly most of the 1.6 era CS maps.
Strike at Karkand/Wake Island - Battlefield
Broadside - Tribes
Behind Zee Bookshelf - SIN
Gold Rush - Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Out of the blue I'll have vivid flashbacks of maps I've played in games, mostly Halo and COD. So many hours.
In those flashbacks I'll remember actual kills or deaths or laughs with friends on those maps.10-15 years ago these things happened in a game and I'll remember them.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Half Life Crossfire

The Nuke map, where you had to rush for the bunker once someone hit the red button.
5a956850cd907.jpg

Also shout out to Resistance Fall of Man - Somerset

Last edited: