• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Skidrow from original Modern Warfare 2 comes to mind from the 360 days. That was an awesome map.

5941f8b5d9ecbe2e01f00931ffd4573d.png

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Badwater from TF2, last point was fun as hell and is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the game. Dustbowl would probably be my second favourite. I remember spending late weekend nights just fucking around with my friends on this map. Miss those days ngl.

95760a.jpg

d9c4php-494b4c75-ded1-4367-8fbd-3923cb7ff4ee.jpg

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Maps from my most played MP games of last gen.

Halo 3:

Ranked:
Guardian
halo-3-guardian.jpg

Social/Big Team:
Valhalla
latest

Custom Games:
Foundry
899857-foundrymini.jpg

Modern Warfare 2:

Terminal(Best CoD Map ever)
latest

High Rise(wonderful spawn snipes)
latest

TheBuck

Jan 22, 2018
Arica.jpg

battlefield.fandom.com

Arica Harbor

Arica Harbor is a map featured in two installments of the Battlefield series. Arica Harbor is a map featured in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Arica is a city in northern Chile that lies 18 kilometers south of the Peruvian border, in the northern part of the world's driest desert, the Atacama. The...

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maps from my most played MP games of last gen.

Halo 3:

Ranked:
Guardian
halo-3-guardian.jpg

Social/Big Team:
Valhalla
latest

Custom Games:
Foundry
899857-foundrymini.jpg

Modern Warfare 2:

Terminal(Best CoD Map ever)
latest

High Rise(wonderful spawn snipes)
latest

This post. All of it. Amazing choices Shellshock

I was one of those jerks getting on top of the building in Highrise. The moment I found out you could place claymores from the top of the building down to the ground to kill people as soon as they left the building was so busted.

When they would try to take the tunnel behind the office, they'd get a noob tube. Modern Warfare 2 was so damn busted with One Man Army, Tac Insertions, but it was sooooo much fun.

As far as the maps go

I'd have to add Halo 3's High Ground, I was first introduced into this map in the Halo 3 MP beta (thanks Crackdown!) and it was one of my favorite maps.

High_Ground.jpg

Titanfall 1 had some amazing maps, one of my favorite was War Games

latest

Love all these maps

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
This post. All of it. Amazing choices Shellshock

I was one of those jerks getting on top of the building in Highrise. The moment I found out you could place claymores from the top of the building down to the ground to kill people as soon as they left the building was so busted.

When they would try to take the tunnel behind the office, they'd get a noob tube. Modern Warfare 2 was so damn busted with One Man Army, Tac Insertions, but it was sooooo much fun.

I'd have to add Halo 3's High Ground, I was first introduced into this map in the Halo 3 MP beta (thanks Crackdown!) and it was one of my favorite maps.

High_Ground.jpg

Titanfall 1 had some amazing maps, one of my favorite was War Games

latest

Love all these maps
OMG yes! Getting on the roof in High Rise was so damn fun. Halo 3 and MW2 were just filled with great maps.

I will never forget the power of MW2's Akimbo Model 1887. Such a unbalanced, but amazing mess of a game.

Glad you picked a TF1 map, I thought the first game's MP was much better than TF2's.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
cs_office in CS:S for me. I absolutely love that map and used to spend probably dozens of hours just playing on "office 24/7" servers. I was never a huge fan of de_dust2. God I fucking miss the days of server browsers.

I also played a LOT of ONS-Torlan against bots in UT 2k4.

Terminal is a good pick for MW2, too. Lots of memorable maps in MW/MW2/BO1/BO2 for me, but that's probably the most memorable.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
cs_office in CS:S for me. I absolutely love that map and used to spend probably dozens of hours just playing on "office 24/7" servers. I was never a huge fan of de_dust2. God I fucking miss the days of server browsers.

I also played a LOT of ONS-Torlan against bots in UT 2k4.

Terminal is a good pick for MW2, too. Lots of memorable maps in MW/MW2/BO1/BO2 for me, but that's probably the most memorable.

Office was a legit ass map...so many great memories of some awesome matches on it. Every round was tense on that map, loved it.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's actually crazy that I remember the map layouts of Titanfall 1 that have been mentioned just by seeing the screenshots and the atmosphere. I legit only played the game for like a month, and while I liked it a lot, I have a blurred recollection between its maps and Titanfall 2's maps when I just think about them off the top of my head.

Then I see the one screenshot from each one in this thread and start remembering my routes and strategies for them. Bravo to Titanfall for embedding unexpectedly and surprisingly deep in my conscious, lol.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
For me, favorite and most memorable can be separate things.

Favorite:

DM-Phobos from Unreal Tournament 99.

I don't think I ever had a bad game in this map. No matter what happened, it was always a ton of fun. The level variety is fantastic, the weapon placement was smart, and despite it being a big map, you never felt truly safe. Incredibly underrated map.

Also, it has the best level music ever.

Sometimes, there would be a break in the fighting, and you'd just listen to the music while staring at the wonderful skybox (And the moving asteroid) thinking about how damn cool space is. (And then you'd get headshotted)

Most memorable:

Q3DM19: Apocalypse Void from Quake 3 Arena.

I spent A LOT of time in this map (I liked it but other people really REALLY liked it) and know it like the back of my hand, I also have PTSD from the damn launch pad lol.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
2Fort - Team Fortress Classic (TFC was the first online game I really committed to and I'll never forget it)
DM6 - Quake
Facing Worlds - UT
cs_office - CS
Nuketown - COD
Rusted Lands - Destiny

Waxy

Oct 27, 2017
I cant belive I forgot this map.
maxresdefault.jpg

I had so much damn fun playing Guardian on this map.
God I loved this map so much, was my favorite non dlc map in that game. Trying to get to the other teams leader who was camping in the house was always intense.

Also great for Horde too. SO many fun memories of playing it with a friend and put shields in entrance and holding up there.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
If de_dust2 were a real place I have some friends that would probably like to throw their ashes there at their funeral, I'm not joking.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
I was never any good with the names. Only one that springs to mind was dm_pressure on UT and that's because it's the only map I ever reached 30-0 at the end of the round. Was such a rush, never did it again.

I had a couple of favs in Counter Strike, but I can't remember them oh, Italy, there's one.

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Already been mentioned:
Facing Worlds - Unreal Tournament
Assault - Counter Strike
Guardian - Halo 3

My favourite map is Onslaught Arctic Stronghold from Unreal Tournament 2004, mostly for the amazing map soundtrack.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Took way too many posts to mention Blood Gulch. I spent countless hours in Custom Edition on that map playing all kinds of crazy custom modes.

Pretty much every map in Socom: Confrontation is amazing. Especially the classic maps.