• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order

Great game, but the things I dislike about it killed any interest I had with replaying it.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3, Undertale, and The Witcher games all give me this feeling. Luigi's Mansion in particular is an odd one since I dearly want to replay the first Luigi's Mansion on a modern console.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Not quite a 9/10, but Uncharted 2/4/LL and Sly Cooper 1/2 were games I enjoyed but don't have much interest in replaying.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Detroit: Become Human. Was fairly happy with my ending, feel like that's always going to be canon in my head, happy never touching it again.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Gravity Rush 2. With the servers offline I can't see I'll ever replay it, the treasure hunts and photos were, despite being only a small part of the game, something I enjoyed a huge amount. I also wouldn't be able to unlock all the costumes or the infinite gravity talisman.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Any persona game.

The games are 80% reading text you don't change the outcome for because there is always a best route. The other 20% is dungeon runs with no build variety what so ever because of its simple but still satisfying, hit the weakness loop.

When a first playthrough takes at minimum 60+ hours depending on your reading speed, I just can't fathom the idea of a second go. Missed 3 ranks of a social link? I'll Go watch it on YouTube, it's not going to play any different if I spent 20 more hours to speed my way back there.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Probably goes for a lot of games.

I do remember completeting the original God of War and thinking what an amazing visual journey but I don't want to replay that.

Uncharted 2 was another, really enjoyed it but clearly thought after, not again, too much to go through and only interesting once, especially near the end where you just have limited movement around the village with the graphics ramped up.

The original Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid to me had great pacing and many enjoyable areas, I could play through these right now and have done so in the past. I just love the different boss fights and areas in MGS, getting to Sniper Wolf is so good, probably has the best start to a game, I love every part really. MGS2 on the other hand, no thanks, epic ending but it's one and done game for me.

Today, games are so big like Witcher 3, AC Origins, I enjoy them a lot but life is too short to go through them again but I like to sample the world still after the main part is done.

Rise of the Tomb Raider has too much busy work for me to ever think about replaying it and TR and similar shorter games have too much filler dialogue and scenes that are a chore first time round.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I used to replay games a ton when I was younger and didn't have the funds to buy games all the time, but now that I have disposable income I never replay any games because I want to move on to the next one. So yeah, I don't replay anything nowadays.

But to answer OP's question for when I was younger and did replay games, I never replayed Metal Gear Solid 3. One playthrough felt like enough despite having played through 1 and 2 like 15 times each.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Gone Home probably... a very nice playthrough that might remain the only one i will ever do. Thrill of discovery with very very light puzzle and simple story.
Adventure games bigger on puzzles and story will get many replays from me (DOTT and cie get a yearly replay from me when releases schedule have a gap).

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
The Last Guardian.

Despite its flaws, I really connected with the game and especially loved the final sequence. It was such a good experience that I wouldn't want to play it again and ruin the memory.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Ace Attorney trilogy.

Or at least any time soon, maybe one day when I forget everything that happens in it.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Most games tbh; I'm not much of a game replayer outside of some of my all-time favorites, and even then, with the size of my backlog I'm rarely replaying those games too nowadays.

Recent one that jumps to mind though for a game I will absolutely almost certainly never ever play again is Persona 5. I thought it was a great game, but I got really burned out on some sections of it that I felt were just waaaay too long. I'm curious about the Royal updates, but I shudder at the thought of dumping another 100+ hours into another P5 run.

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I generally don't replay games that are more than maybe 4 hours long. I'm happy to replay retro games and short games, but something that's longer just feels like too much of a retread since they're mostly story driven games.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Every single game. Why would I spend hours of my life just doing the same thing over and over again? That'd be just like work.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of my favourite linear third person action adventure games really. Alan Wake, Remember Me, The Last Of Us. Fantastic experiences once but the second time you realize the good moments are tied together by a lot of filler and parts that just lose the impact the second time around.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never touch Hellblade again but I'm damn glad I sat through it. That was an emotionally exhausting experience.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
I dunno if I'm in the minority or not but I rarely (if ever) play a game more than once. I might play a game that's 20+ years old again. But that will go back on the shelf for another 20 years probably.

There's just too many games out there to be playing the same game twice.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
Inside for me. Amazing game, but I don't see myself playing it again.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
A short hike
Metro Exodus
Star Wars Fallen Order
Dishonored 2

All games that will bring nothing new with a 2nd play though

Games I've played at least 1.5 times
STALKER 1 + 3
Witcher 3
FEAR
Dishonored 1

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
Spider-Man PS4. It came out during a rough time in my life. I played it religiously and eventually earned the platinum. After I did I deleted it off my HDD and moved on. It helped battle my depression and beating the game and deleting it felt cathartic.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100% Red Dead 2.

One of my all time fav games but I couldn't be bothered to replay.

Some games just do an amazing job at capturing that new wonder. But once its not new it loses a lot of what made it great.

Jun 26, 2018
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death

A neat little character action / god of war style game that feels surprisingly okay to play, despite being made on what I assume is a shoestring budget.

It's not an overly long game, and it features some pretty "unique" cutscenes (for budget reasons, I'm assuming), I'll recommend it to others, pick it up for cheap on a whim and spend an evening with it :)

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
In 2019, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's Awakening. Both were fun but way too long for what they are and really tested my patience towards the end.

Oct 27, 2017
Uncharted 1-3: Platinumed them, had my fill. I still need to do UC4 and LL.
Deadly Premonition: I love this game and I will defend it being a great game till the day I die. I have no intention of ever replaying it.
Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3: I adored MGS3, but I don't need to replay the series any time soon. I do plan on going through GZ/V for a second time to get the Platinum, though.
Every Assassin's Creed game: So far, I'm only missing Origins and Odyssey in my Platinum collection.

And quite a few more I can't remember.

FuddyDuddy

Nov 4, 2019
I would have to say any narrative heavy walking simulator. Like when I finished What Remains of Edith Finch I had zero reason to play again. Story is over and no rewarding game play. Enjoyable, but no replay value.

Apr 21, 2018
I feel this way about almost every game. There's too much out there to replay single player games in my opinion.

Mario Kart and Smash and COD are usually only good for me until the next one comes out.

The only SP games I can replay are nostalgia trips like Super Mario World or DKC. I do like to revisit games on remasters. Going back to OOT3D or Metroid Prime with motion controls was great.

But putting the same disk in and replaying a game? Not for me.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
This year? A few, actually:
- Ace Combat 7: maybe replay 1-2 chapters, but won't do story again.
- Control: GotY, but since I got cheated out of platinum due to fucking bureau alerts not spawning at all, I won't bother.
- Jedi Fallen Order: kinda decent game, but not fun enough to even 100%.
- Resident Evil 2: just I don't see the point.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I didnt think it would be like this going into it, but once I finished Tearaway i had zero desire to ever replay it despite loving it and getting the platinum. A lot of my memories are tied to the various designs I made along the way, so muddying up my memories with new designs seems a little wrong.

Tearaway Unfolded coming out was really great for me because it was like "oh cool finally an outlet to replay Tearaway without replaying the original Tearaway" lol

Mar 29, 2018
Control, I think

The gameplay isn't really that amazing or deep, it's just very polished. The thing that pulls you through the game is the narrative and worldbuilding, which you're thirsty to see the end of

And now I've seen it all... I don't really feel like navigating the Oldest House again. Maybe ever.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Gone Home. My favourite game of 2013 and a game I'll never play again.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Shadow of the Tomb Raider, for too many damn reasons to list out. I enjoyed the game, but it is easily the worst game in the Trilogy by a mile, while i replayed the other two games (esp. the first), multiple times.