• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It's John Wick.

In retrospect, I never really... liked Neo? I dunno. He felt so much more like a force of nature and less like a proper character after the big revelations in The Matrix.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Keanu is weird. He doesn't have a lot of range but a lot of his roles are memorable.
He has really good taste in material. I read whatever spec scripts and random projects he attaches himself to and am usually pleased.

Which makes it extra depressing that he's almost never in them if they make it to screen years down the line.

Last edited:

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Keanu is weird. He doesn't have a lot of range but a lot of his roles are memorable.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
f5A7i9r.gif

Johnny mnemonwick

Oct 26, 2017
How? He's so bad in it. I get tolerating him if you really like the movie, but he stands out like a sore thumb.
I don't know. I hated the liberties taken with the book and the reincarnation aspect and felt like the whole thing was blown into overacted melodrama while he was the closest thing to the Harker i imagined from the book, and ordinary person who was trying to escape from what was an increasingly apparent nightmare.

If you like the rest i can understand disliking his part but he did his part justice i think where the rest was going off the rails

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Point Break and Bill and Ted are obvious favourites but I have a huge soft spot for Much Ado about Nothing and the Gift.

Good shit.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
There are a lot of Keanu movies I love, but the three characters that seem (to me) to be essential Keanu are Ted, John Wick and Neo. Everything else feels like a role other actors fit in, but I can't picture other people in those films.

Of those John Wick is his best. It's easily one of the best physical performances any hollywood actor has ever given, and he's just better in 2020 than he was in 1990 or 2000.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I like when he plays a bad guy because he actually does it quite well.

So I enjoyed his role in Man of Tai chi and Neon Demon.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
The way you phrased this is so odd.

What, is the character not John Wick? >_>

It was supposed to say characterization, no need to get your panties in a bunch. I thought John Wick as a character was played well only in the first movie and went off the rails in the second and third.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Keanu Reeves will always be Neo to me.
However, he's also John Wick now.

I also really liked his Constantine!

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
All of them?

Lesser known role in I Love You to Death he's great in with William Hurt. And The Gift he's surprisingly great playing a redneck wife abuser.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
All of them. In fact, I mentally overlay him in almost every movie except for Schwarzenegger and Denzel movies. Deepfakes are just an extension of my will.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
I was gonna say easily in no order Johnny Utah, Neo and Ted but people brought up Constantine and Bob Arctor.

I still havent seen any of the John Wick films....

Goddamnit I just love Keanu.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Wick Keanu, Constantine Keanu, Speed Keanu, Neo Keanu, Always be My Maybe Keanu in that order.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Johnny Utah all the way. I love his John Wick performance too but I'll always have a soft spot for Point Break.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Point Break is still the first film that comes to mind when I think of Keanu Reeves, so I'm going with Johnny Utah.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
John Wick, actually.

I think it utilizes all of his accumulated strengths as an actor more than any other role.

Though I like him even in poorly acted roles tbh. lol