• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
819eee7c58a061c368bd1d90bb637668.jpg

I don't think anything is going to top his role as Neo in the OG Matrix for me, even though his performance is a bit wooden at times. There is something ingrained in the deepest recesses of my being, likely from watching the movie hundreds of times over the years, about the casual, indifferent, I'm-in-over-my-head way he delivers his lines. I think he was the absolute perfect fit for this role and worked extremely well alongside Laurence Fishburne's Morpheus.

The only part of this role that fell flat for me is his romance with Trinity, but that was never a highlight of the movie for me anyway, so I let it slide.

What is your favorite Keanu role?

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
John Wick is the perfect character for Keanu because he's not a great actor and the weird line reads work perfectly.

Oct 25, 2017
Though The Matrix is my favorite Keanu Reeves movie, I think I liked his role in Point Break the most, John Wick second and The Matrix third.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Johnathan Harker in Dracula

Just kidding. It's a tie between Neo and Ted "Theodore" Logan

Mar 30, 2019
John Wick is great but I still enjoy Neo the most. Wick almost has it edged out though.

Your question also reminded me of Johnny Mneumonic. I don't even remember anything about it aside from the tech on his scalp and the dude with the laser thumb piano wire.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Ted "Theodore" Logan for sure

But I'm going to use this as an opportunity to plug River's Edge as one of my favorite little known Keanu movies.

tumblr_pve91nhX6l1wopaemo1_500.gifv

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
John Wick for sure. I like Neo in the first Matrix, but the sequels were awful and, for whatever reason, Reeves whisper talks throughout most of them.

Oct 27, 2017
Wick is like the role Keanu was tailor-made for. It's great seeing him play so far against how he is in real life, because he's definitely Ted Logan more than anything.

He was great in Constantine too honestly.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I thought he was just himself in various situations.

Sad assassin is currently my favorite. Cyber Jesus was also a compelling role. I liked him in Much Ado About Nothing as well.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Ted "Theodore" Logan. Reeves can act extremely well...in very specific parts. Ted is the perfect role for him and I say this with nothing but respect.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
John Wick's a classic really by now, but I have to tip my hat to my favorite movie he's ever done, A Scanner Darkly

MV5BODllNzNkYzEtMDRlZi00ODAxLWI4NDktYWNmZGRiYjU3YTJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg

He was great as Bob Arctor in that, pretty good translation of the book too!