• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
220px-Hades_cover_art.jpg

Ended up putting in 70 hours into Hades while listening to my podcast, just unlocked the epilogue so looking for something new to half-get into.

Not sure if I'm that into roguelikes in general but the characters and story made me enjoy the grind here

Paper Cheese

Oct 9, 2019
FIFA is the ultimate podcast game - turn off the commentary, turn down the TV, and listen to a backlog of podcasts as you win the Champion's League with Carlisle United. Perfection

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Slay the Spire or Enter the Gungeon were my 2 big ones for a long time
Havent really got into any rougelikes recently to replace them

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Been playing Borderlands GOTY edition with podcasts recently and it's kinda perfect:

- minimal in-game music to miss out on.
- basically no story to worry about.
- mindless gameplay loop that you can zone out to.

A really underrated game too... no one talks about BL1 anymore.

Crax

May 21, 2018
World of Warcraft for me. I pause the podcast if there is something I wanna focus on, but I generally leave it on. I've also been watching stuff like Drive to Survive on Netflix on my second monitor while grinding.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Gran Turismo Sport, specially when mucking about in the livery editor; No Man's Sky and pretty much every busy work/collectibles hunt for platinum trophies.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
picross games. i always bank podcast episodes before a new picross game is coming out so i can listen to a bunch of them at once while i play.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Listening to podcasts while grinding in RPGs is the best because it makes poor game design (IMO) tolerable.

I usually do it with rogue-likes too but I can't do it with Hades. I wish it had like a "podcast mode" that halts dialogue so I don't have to rush to pause the podcast whenever somebody starts speaking. Maybe that'll break the story though.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I don't have one particular go-to podcast game, but since I'm home more lately I've been playing:

-Minecraft
-Super Mario 3D All-Stars
-Animal Crossing New Horizons
-Marvel's Avengers

Have been my go-to games when I want to listen to a podcast.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Anything that isn't narrative focused can work alongside a podcast, open world games outside of quests, loot games, objective or run based games and racing games...

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Listening to podcasts while grinding in RPGs is the best because it makes poor game design (IMO) tolerable.

I usually do it with rogue-likes too but I can't do it with Hades. I wish it had like a "podcast mode" that halts dialogue so I don't have to rush to pause the podcast whenever somebody starts speaking. Maybe that'll break the story though.

I listen to podcasts while grinding in RPGs

What RPGs are you folks playing? Should I start up Fallout New Vegas?

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rocket League and Forza Horizon 4 has been my go-to podcast games the last few years. Also Minecraft Dungeons is a good dumb game for this I've discovered the last year.

I'm always looking for new podcast games and it's really a sweet spot between them needing to be at most semi-demanding and me feeling ok about muting the game. I don't want to have both game sound and the pod on at the same time.

After about 10 hours with Genshin Impact i feel ready to mute that game as start to only play it when i listed to pods.. feels like a perfect fit.

Tulike

Nov 1, 2017
Any source of good podcasts to listen while playing some mindless games? It's been a while that I don't listen to a good one and was thinking about going back to listen to some while grinding some Genshin Impact

BlueBrand

Oct 28, 2017
Path of Exile.
Literally start a stream and play until it's over, then logout until tomorrow.
Such a relaxing game that you can just grind out too.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
slay the spire, PoE, borderlands, doing nuzlockes in pokemon

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing and a little bit of Hades.

I'm clearing out a TON of flowers that just grew over time on my island so listening to podcasts helps with the mundane tasks.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Microsoft Flight Sim
Euro/American Truck Sim
Any racing game
Elite Dangerous

I tend to listen to a lot of audiobooks and podcasts while driving in real life, and driving in videogames.

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I do most of my achievement hunting and RPG grinding with podcasts in the background. I'm currently juggling around Skyrim, Avengers, FFVIII, and Pokemon Shield while I wait for Cyberpunk.

What RPGs are you folks playing? Should I start up Fallout New Vegas?

The opening is a bit dry, but it's a great story and one of the better realized open world RPGs. Highly recommend.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I love racing games to just zone out and listen to a podcast or watch something on another screen. Lately I've been doing this with Forza 7 since it came to GamePass and the Horizon series is another I do this with.

Rocket League, though I play better when not listening.

I listen to music while I play but my rotations would probably be garbage if I was listening to a podcast.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
In addition to Hades, I tend to listen to podcasts while I do non-story stuff in RDR2 like hunting, or looking for bones and stuff