• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite form

• 1st

Votes: 31 8.2%
  • 2nd

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • 3rd

Votes: 30 7.9%
  • 4th

Votes: 248 65.6%
  • Mecha

Votes: 21 5.6%
  • Golden

Votes: 34 9.0%

• Total voters

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Frieza is the most iconic villain from DBZ and had many forms. I was wondering, which look is your favorite and why?
First form

latest

Second form

3924f3e1aae438e288cc58ac2a110fceac2cb73d_hq.jpg

Third form

ca5bb3a0bdd0701df529a70672ca0732a7315c0c_00.jpg

Fourth form

images

Mecha Frieza

51fc5df3ae8a6f79ada84111e2b18e4c.png

Golden

latest

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I liked Golden Frieza throughout Super, but strictly speaking on aesthetics, his fourth form is a classic. First form would be my second pick.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
4th but I enjoy gold more then I thought I would. Mecha is cool to but we didn't really get much from it.

Second and third were always dumb lol, I love that they referenced the 2nd forms height being unnatural for him in the Broly movie.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
3rd.

lol. I voted for 1st because he looked more menacing in it, and the 4th is pretty much just the standard Frieza nowadays. Gold is dumb

Mar 10, 2018
4th (base) form. I love the concept of Frieza transforming backwards, and that initial reveal of his base form is iconic.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The second one and the xenomorph are just plain dumb.

I go with his first form, fourth, cyborg and Golden Freeza.

Golden Freeza teaming up wih everyone was the highlight of super.

Sucks for him to loose his underpants though.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Mecha is the coolest one Frieza reaches. That said, Cooler's fifth form is way better:

latest

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
firstly, few folks frequently fixate on forms four and five, forgoing forms fourteen and fifteen. fans fight fervently following flippant freeform flops, focussing on fast food forums for fictitious fights. firsttime fanboys freak for a few fleeting feelings. freiza fourteen fucks.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
The 2nd form will always have that sauce just off of the 1 million power level reveal. That shit was fucking outrageous, love it.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fourth form is definitely the best. But no matter how cool Frieza gets his brother will always be cooler.

benbeau

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I only came to appreciate Golden Frieza when they gave him that sick transformation sequence during the ToP build-up. It really helped highlight the subtle changes it made to Frieza's design.

That said, his best form will always be his 4th. It has some good shock value when he initially transforms into it because of how sleek and simple it is in comparison to his previous forms. He just looks... optimal, and the loss of detail really serves to highlight his facial expressions in particular. No other form really conveys just how chillingly terrifying Frieza can be and how he just relishes in it.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

I actually liked the upgraded Meta-Cooler before he goes gold. Oddly, I don't think this form has a name at all even though it even got fighting scenes/in-game appearances in Heroes.

It's basically mixing the generic Meta Coolers with the actual Cooler Core design.

Last edited:

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
4th. And it was such a genius Toriyama thing to do to go from this grotesque, alien-like 3rd form to this small, almost delicate final form. That was a huge suprise back then.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
4 -> 1 -> 2 -> Mecha -> 3 -> the dumb golden form

I like them all really, i even appreciate 3 being just this weird groteusuqe form

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
After the 4th one, I like the xenomorph ultra speed form lol. Too bad we don't see him using it much...

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Fourth form literally had me thinking as a kid that they weren't in anymore immediate danger due to how unassuming it looks compared to the 2nd and 3rd. And then he immediately killed Dende.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1st form is my favorite. First impressions and all. I'm also partial to 3rd just for how weird and xenomorph-y it looks.

Golden Frieza is just schtoopid. And Mecha Frieza is dope and I love how he immediately gets jobbed.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cooler > literally everything Frieza has
But I guess first form cuz he looks like an ugly gremlin there.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
I always forget that the 3rd form even exists.

4th is the only answer. Less is more.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be 4th form Frieza to for me. The sleak design makes him look dangerous because it looks so different than the other.

Honorable mention to first form Frieza. At that point on the arc, Frieza's power was completely shrouded in mystery. No one ever really knew just how strong he was, only that he was the most powerful. He never even got out of his chair lol

Then you got a glimpse of what he's capable of when he fights Nail. It was a real "WTF" moment for me as a kid.

tumblr_p12l0grVCp1ujn35ko3_500.gif

Real impish design

tenor.gif

And Golden Frieza is the best idea to come out of Super. 10 years ago there was no way you could convince me that I'd be happy Frieza came back. On paper, it annoys me. But the way he returned with the Golden form and ends up being an MVP with Goku and 17?? I can't wait to see when the story goes back to what the hell he's up to.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I love the 3rd form, 4th felt like such a rip off as a kid lol.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I always wonder if third form was Toriyama going "hmm, been a while since he's done anything new, guess I'll have him transform again" and realizing NOPE ABORT ABORT when it occurred to him this would be the guy Goku's fighting for the rest of the arc.

Ironically I have a T-shirt with his second form appearance on it but eh. First form and fourth forms win for me. Cyborg Freeza is also cool. Don't have much of an opinion on Golden Freeza.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I won't offer much by also adding that the fourth is the best, but I think we can all agree that the third is the worst.