• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
*points to the straight forward title*

I'm a big fan of fanmade alternate endings myself. Let me post a few:

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Hobbit should have kept the alternate funeral scene and cut some of the Alfred and Legolas scenes if needed. Maybe that would have changed the film was bad to average which is still an improvement.

Don't mind the fan ending of the White Walkers killing everyone in Thrones. The idea that after all the infighting and greed they just get killed by a force of nature.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely adore original endings to anime based on manga. It's a fun alternative to one set of events and allows a closure to occur. In fact I love seeking anime that do this and also have completed their manga run.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Terminator 2 went with the wrong ending.

Titanic's alternate ending is fucking awesome though

Oct 25, 2017
Terminator 2 definitely would not be better if it ended with embarrassing early 90s ideas of future fashion and horrible old person makeup that makes linda hamilton look like an abandoned animatronic.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
The original ending to Poltergeist III that was cut after Heather O'Rourke died.

It's a better end to the trilogy with Heather in it.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
They must have spent like, millions of dollars on this ending before changing it for the theatrical release.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Directors Cut ending of Butterfly Effect is a billion times more satisfying than the theatrical ending.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
John is a senator and Skynet is erased completely. Bad things keep happening to him only because toys need to be sold.

Titanic: THAT REALLY SUCKS, LADY
To add to this, it's here:

I think Cameron said that he didn't want to go with this happy ending that ties up everything too neatly and happily? He preferred the gloomier, more ambiguous ending that we got.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Army of Darkness has a pretty cool "what if?" Apocalypse scenario that I believe was originally supposed to be the ending.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Little Shop ending was already posted, but probably the most... meaningful? alternate ending, to me, is still the one for First Blood.

Directors Cut ending of Butterfly Effect is a billion times more satisfying than the theatrical ending.
I knew this one was going to come up, but I honestly hated it. It was incredibly cliched, imo, and says nothing. It was a copout.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
That's fair. I disagree, but fair.
My other minor problem with it is that it seems like the parents kept having these still-births in the exact same fashion, yet kept trying to have kids? I know it's gruesome to say, but there are a lot of people who would probably stop trying after the first 2 or 3.

The other part, my main part, is that I generally hate the hero killing himself to spare literally everyone else. There are times where it's a noble sacrifice, but playing that kind of death with time travel shenanigans is just too ridiculous to me, especially when a lot of fiction, at the time, seemed to be doing this.

The flip side: my wife prefers the alternate to the theatrical ending where he walks past her, stops, then starts following her again. I hated that because it almost literally undoes his ultimate resolution to save everyone, including himself, just to try and be happy. But even this ending would be better than the in utero suicide because it at least means maybe there's hope if you work at it and don't just give up entirely.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My other minor problem with it is that it seems like the parents kept having these still-births in the exact same fashion, yet kept trying to have kids? I know it's gruesome to say, but there are a lot of people who would probably stop trying after the first 2 or 3.

The other part, my main part, is that I generally hate the hero killing himself to spare literally everyone else. There are times where it's a noble sacrifice, but playing that kind of death with time travel shenanigans is just too ridiculous to me, especially when a lot of fiction, at the time, seemed to be doing this.

The flip side: my wife prefers the alternate to the theatrical ending where he walks past her, stops, then starts following her again. I hated that because it almost literally undoes his ultimate resolution to save everyone, including himself, just to try and be happy. But even this ending would be better than the in utero suicide because it at least means maybe there's hope if you work at it and don't just give up entirely.
I think if it were another actor than Ashton Kutcher, I would believe that they had the mental fortitude and creativity to overcome this disease.

But Ashton Kutcher totally seems like the kind of guy who would just say, "Eh fuck it, I'll never figure this out" and do what he did. So it fit my logic lol.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The original ending to Dark Knight Rises was so much better:

vQPWlbeSL9I6ZdZpa06ca6oheEXjUAKF7DEELNHMQ_M.jpg

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
This fan made, stop motion video gives us a glimpse of what could have been an amazing final act in The Phantom Menace. In the Plagueis novel, we learn that he was alive during most of the events in the first episode. The dual here never actually happens in the book, but I thought it a more satisfying end than Sidious just killing him in his sleep.