• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017

I need some suggestions as I listen to these and epic bangers like Mozart's Dies Irae while coding

Last edited:

yokochan

Jan 21, 2019
This little gem. First you hear the normal boss music, but as soon as you get him to his final breath of health, this kicks in. Gave me such a rush every time. I think a lot more games should be using this kind of tension builup through music (FFVIIR does this really well, as well):

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I've never actually played EO5 but man this song is a fucking trip.

Bravely Default is good too.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Fire Emblem does not lack in epic themes. This is probably the most epic the 3DS ever got:

Of course, the Switch has this banger from Three Houses:

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Granblue Fantasy (the mobile game) has a lot of great bangers (makes sense since Uematsu worked on it). This would have to be one of my recent favorites.

I look forward to the remix when Zooey comes out on Tuesday in Versus

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Glad someone posted Ludwig fight from Bloodborne, that's probably my all-time favorite.

Recently, Raging Brachydios from Monster Hunter World. The vanilla Brachydios theme was already my favorite theme in the game, but I legitimately got chills fighting the ragin' version for the first time recently when this theme kicks in during the final, lava cage fight phase.

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If you like dramatic choirs, operatic vocals, and chanting, here are some of my favorites.

Etrian Odyssey V: Ordeal of the Stars. Like a lot of the music in EOV, it has a very long intro section (almost four minutes!), but it's worth listening to in full. The shift into the second section of the song is all the more powerful for the slow buildup.

Octopath Traveler:
Daughter of the Dark God. It takes an extraordinary amount of work just to reach the battle where this music plays, and it definitely captures the atmosphere of it.

The Dark Spire: 7th Floor. The game it comes from is a relatively obscure DS title with a fantastic soundtrack that revolves around two primary melodies. After hearing snippets of the second melody throughout the entire game, it finally plays in full for the final floor of the dungeon, bringing the journey to its conclusion.

Sep 14, 2018
Such a brilliant OST, one of the very best.

Also, is it just me, or is this kind of "epicness" we're talking about mostly found in Japanese games? The tracks posted so far certainly seem to point towards it.
Huh I've never thought about that but yeah maybe. I can't recall a single piece of music from any western game I've played ever, they were probably good in the moment but not enough to be memorable I guess? Like I can perfectly recreate Dancing Mad in my head from start to finish but from big western games I can't think of anything.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Not exactly favorites, but I've been listening to the Mass Effect 2 soundtrack today so I'll ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is one of my *many* favorite orchestral epic game sound tracks. I love the slow start, to the build up that in game really Helps to sell the scope of what is at stake should commander sheapard fail

Gram

Oct 27, 2017
Zurich

ZAw2hN.gif

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Huh I've never thought about that but yeah maybe. I can't recall a single piece of music from any western game I've played ever, they were probably good in the moment but not enough to be memorable I guess? Like I can perfectly recreate Dancing Mad in my head from start to finish but from big western games I can't think of anything.
Not even the Halo theme?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Most recently Ace Combat 7 Daredevil

I can't recall a single piece of music from any western game I've played ever, they were probably good in the moment but not enough to be memorable I guess?

Infinity Engine was the shit

If you want memorable tunes the Ori games are incredible.

Will of the Wisps OST is even better and is full of great tracks. ie

World of Goo had a great soundrack.

idk... there are countless great "epic" tracks from western games

Last edited:

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Recently, there was this track from KHIII that was straight slaps.

Also, this one for some western representation since it was mentioned earlier.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Like the game itself, the W101 soundtrack is extremely underrated

This music paired with the crazy shit going down on screen made it one of the most epic final boss fights I can think of in a game

OP
OP
hwarang

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017