• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
latest

Ryuji from Persona 5. Get ready for tons of this post.
I haven't played P5 yet. If I hated Junpei and Yosuke, will I like Ryuji more?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
latest

Ryuji from Persona 5. Get ready for tons of this post.
Ryuji's that dumbass jock who would literally die for you but is also constantly getting into some bullshit. Reminds me of like 75% the dudes I played sports with growing up. The embodiment of "he's a dumbass ... but he's our dumbass."

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
latest

Yu Narukami can be an absolute idiot at times and I love it. He's especially dumb in BBTAG's story mode. Dude wore his Inaba uniform in his old school the whole time because he just forgot he had it on.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minsc from Baldur's Gate. He's dumb as hell, but he's also lovable and has a talking hamster.

200px-Minsc.jpg

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
Theseus from Hades.

latest

This meathead is such a pain in the ass lol. It's so rewarding to learn his pattern well enough to kick his ass every time.

The way you gradually get him and his partner Asterius the Minotaur on frosty terms due to Asterius's growing respect for you is very satisfying.
One of the funniest characters in gaming imo. Hades is such a funny game in general.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dick Gumshoe is a really good pick.

I'm trying to remember if Jansen from Lost Odyssey was a dumbass or just an asshole. I remember liking his cynical humor.

Jansen is more cunning than he first appears and not nearly as cunning as he likes to think he is.

"See this gold, Gongara? I kind of want to give it back, but I won't."

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Theseus from Hades.

latest

This meathead is such a pain in the ass lol. It's so rewarding to learn his pattern well enough to kick his ass every time.

The way you gradually get him and his partner Asterius the Minotaur on frosty terms due to Asterius's growing respect for you is very satisfying.

Seeing Extreme Measures Theseus for the first time is still my favorite thing in that entire game.

Fucking glorious

latest

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Ichiban from Yakuza Like a Dragon was the first thing that came to mind

He's just so unrelentingly positive and lovable, I can't wait for the follow-up to LAD

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
latest

Yu Narukami can be an absolute idiot at times and I love it. He's especially dumb in BBTAG's story mode. Dude wore his Inaba uniform in his old school the whole time because he just forgot he had it on.
Kenpachi Ramasama is my favorite Persona protag because he's a gigantic idiot AND somehow also a total Chad.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Echoing what others have said about Ryuji.

Dude's an idiot and I never put him in my party if I don't have to but also I kinda love him. He's a total doof who would die for anyone in the party in seconds if he had to. I think his biggest con is you're stuck with him alone for so much of the game that you're sick of him before he becomes a more enjoyable character.

I think he's really fun to play as in Strikers too.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
raiden-mortal-kombat-11-uhdpaper.com-4K-160.jpg

Dude just got played by Quan Chi to hand over the souls of his warriors, plus he gets Liu Kang killed. Raiden is like a bull in an antique store.
And he keeps doing dumb shit for three straight games until Kronika tells him straight up how much of a dumbass he is, at which point he actually does the smart thing for once.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Alpha_3_Dan.png

Dan Hibiki. Glad he finally made his return in SFV and the fun relationship with his students, blanka and sakura.