• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those who don't know what a cover song is: "In popular music, a cover version, remake, cover song, revival, or simply cover, is a new performance or recording by someone other than the original artist or composer of a song."

I'll start with the one I'm currently hooked on.

Last edited:

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic cover of the Billy Bragg classic with a very early-2000s Britpop sound.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah is already well known, but specifically his version from Live at Sin-e is one of the most masterfully done live performances of a song I've ever heard. I truly can't think of many more vocal performances that carry the sheet emotional weight his does in this version

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV

This cover by Iron & Wine and Ben Bridwell of Talking Heads' This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) is one of my favorite songs ever. Wife and I danced to it at our wedding for our first dance. It never, ever fails to make me take a minute out of what I'm doing and just sway to the music with a smile.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
This is my current favorite

first version is full video, second version is just song.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying this cover ever since I found out about it recently.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Burl Ives had the best version of Ghost Riders In The Sky way back in 1949. It's the only one I've heard that legitimately spooky.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine saying "hey you know what, I think I'll recompose Vivaldi"

And then making it better

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i enjoy mark mulcahy a good deal, but i prefer the instrumentals in michael stipe's cover of 'everything's come undone.'

may be my favorite. the renagades cover by ratm is up there too.