• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Can be on the radio, actual use in-game as bgm, etc. Just thinkin' bout lots of artists I got into because they had a song in a game.

The first one I really think about is Grand Theft Auto Vice City and its radio stations. Hard to pick a fave... I used to be fully VRock, but these days I'm a bit more FlashFM or Wave103. Either way there's a whole plethora of music I love and was introduced to in those games.

Brutal Legend is another radio fave. Mouth of Metal was so sick... even apart from all the celebs already in the game. Such a great selection.

Genki Rockets made it into two games, No More Heroes and Child of Eden. It was CoE that did it for me since it was basically built around their first album, but the No More Heroes inclusion was my first exposure

I never thought Saints Row the Third played especially good but I can't deny that this mission ruled

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Brutal Legend made me go through a metal phase my freshman year lol, so damn good.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

The entirety of Death Stranding's licensed music. And yes, that includes the best song of them all.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1

Jet Set Radio

Disney Extreme Skate Adventure

Crazy Taxi

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Son...you've got a way to fall

"Way to Fall" from Metal Gear Solid 3

Honorable mentions: Mickey in Lollipop Chainsaw (really good use of it), Every single intro from Tales from the Borderlands, the demakes from BIoshock Infinite (notably God Knows and Girls Just Want to Have Fun)

OP
OP
Jintor

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Driver: San Fracisco had such a banging soundtrack

i should replay this game, one of the few driving games i got super into

Honorable mentions: Mickey in Lollipop Chainsaw (really good use of it), Every single intro from Tales from the Borderlands, the demakes from BIoshock Infinite (notably God Knows and Girls Just Want to Have Fun)

I really like Cherry Bomb in Lollipop Chiansaw, and my fave demake in Infinite is probably Shiny Happy People haha

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
All I Want is just mentally engrained as my mind as the Crazy Taxi default song, even Sega acknowledges it as Crazy Taxi music in Chunithm.

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
This. Alongside this song from Life is Strange 2:

Also, this from The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (a free Life is Strange 2 prequel):

The Life is Strange games are the best games I've ever played. Their licensed music is absolutely incredible, rivaled only by the games' own beuatiful melancholic instrumental soundtrack.

Never played this game but yea, I can't imagine I'd pick something over Suftan with the proper context

Designer_Fake

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Radio Broker in Grand Theft Auto IV shaped my entire taste in music when I was a teenager. Some of the songs on that station are still among my all-time favorites.

Last edited:

raeaburame

May 9, 2019
Saints Row 2 had 1 Thing by Amerie and Me & U by Cassie back to back on the hip hop radio station, literally the perfect combo

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Retrograde from James Blake in the intro card for Chapter 5 (iirc) from Tales of the Borderlands

It just fits so well. and its a nice song

Sora64

Mar 22, 2020
So many great games to choose from but honorable mentions for me would be Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 (RIP), Saints Row IV, and Death Stranding.

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
Florence and the Machines version of Stand by Me is the best thing about Final Fantasy 15.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017

This 1960s instrumental song somehow found its place on Sega's delightful rhythm game Space Channel 5.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Can't seem to find it right now, but the instrumental version of the Micheal Andrews and Gary Jules version of Mad World used in Gears of War 3 (and the scene it was used in) was beautiful and it was the perfect music for the scene (even if it was a little bit corny) and now any time I hear that song I instantly think of Gears of War 3. I know the song also has a history in the series being that it was used in one of the commercials for the first game, but even if it was never used it was still a beautiful moment.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Not my favorite game or favorite song from Mogwai, but I was really surprised to see this in a game.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Life is Strange 1 & 2 got brought up but no love for Before the Storm's use of Daughter along with new music they made for it. :(
www.youtube.com

Daughter - Youth

Taken from Daughter's debut album 'If You Leave', out now: http://smarturl.it/daughteritunesDaughter are Elena Tonra, Igor Haefeli & Remi Aguilellahttp://www...
www.youtube.com

Daughter - No Care

’No Care’ is taken from Daughter’s new album ‘Not To Disappear’, released via 4AD/Glassnote. WARNING: Contains Flashing Images. Buy the album here: iTunes: h...
(Both of these are licensed tracks used in the game..)

There's also other licensed tracks from other bands like Speedy Ortiz.
www.youtube.com

Speedy Ortiz "No Below"

ORDER/STREAM:https://found.ee/so_majorhttps://found.ee/speedy_ma10"No Below" is taken from Speedy Ortiz's album, "Major Arcana," out now on Carpark RecordsAl...

Nov 4, 2017

Also the Fallout and GTA games, but that's kind of cheating as they have full on radio stations.

Oh honorable mention to MGSV; there are some great 80s jams in that game, and it's a nice touch that you have to steal the song on a cassette tape to acquire it.

Mr.fresh

Oct 31, 2017
power by Kanye west playing in the early mission on Saints Row the Third. I will never forget that moment it was soo damn awesome at the time.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Since "Superman" was already posted...

Easily the best licensed Credits song in the history of the universe.

The airport sequence was excellent especially with this blaring in the background