• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Who were the attackers and what was their goal?
Where did Selphine and Ritona end up?
Will the two make it home safely?
And more importantly, what has happened to their homeland?

Follow Selphine, the bubbly, happy-go-lucky Princess and her sharp-witted but slightly misanthropic Royal Guardian Ritona, on their journey of a lifetime back to their homeland of Rughzenhaide.

Looks like fault - milstone one is finally coming to consoles soon! The game will be out on October 3rd. It's one of the better visual novels in the last 10 years, and I love the fact it focuses on strong female leads without resorting to cheap fanservice stuff. As a huge fan of VNs, I'm really looking forward to this one. I've had iton Steam for awhile, but now that it's coming to Switch I'll be replaying it there. The Switch is perfect for VNs, and I really want to see more of them. I hope we get fault - milestone two side:above and Fatal Twelve on the Switch, too!

How about you Switch owners and VN fans, are you getting Fault, and what other VNs would you love to see?

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Ah nice, yeah I was super impressed by this a few years back!

I remember being worried from the intro it was going to be bogged down in lore, but the mechanics of the world end up playing quite cleverly into the storytelling. Certainly went places I didn't expect it to...and yeah, I appreciated it being free of fanservice or other egregious tropes also :p

Can't think of a better place for VNs than Switch, nice to see it getting a lot of notable ones over time

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ah nice, yeah I was super impressed by this a few years back!

I remember being worried from the intro it was going to be bogged down in lore, but the mechanics of the world end up playing quite cleverly into the storytelling. Certainly went places I didn't expect it to...and yeah, I appreciated it being free of fanservice or other egregious tropes also :p

Can't think of a better place for VNs than Switch, nice to see it getting a lot of notable ones voer time

Yeah, I'm really happy to see the Switch getting so much VN love. I've played most of the upcoming ones, like Heart of the Woods, and I'm going to play them all again on Switch!

I really wish VNs were more popular. Proper, story-based VNs, and not those shameless h-games.

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Yep, no tax! Hoping people check out the game, it made a pretty big splash on Steam but having read through it on the Switch while testing the game, it looks absolutely AMAZING in portable mode.

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yep, no tax! Hoping people check out the game, it made a pretty big splash on Steam but having read through it on the Switch while testing the game, it looks absolutely AMAZING in portable mode.

Further proof the Switch is just perfect for VNs!
I'm glad fault is out so soon, because HotW is so far away. Can't wait to see that running on Switch, too. Hopefully they reach their physical release goal!

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
This has my attention. I really like Ritona's design and the title screen they have up on humble bundle is gorgeous.
e262a8322e102868a0e7f2b559d95ce0cabc78a4.jpg

Anyone know how long this game is?

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This has my attention. I really like Ritona's design and the title screen they have up on humble bundle is gorgeous.
e262a8322e102868a0e7f2b559d95ce0cabc78a4.jpg

Anyone know how long this game is?

That's a bit tough since it depends on reading speed, and how often you stop to appreciate the artwork.
I'd guess at an average reading speed, maybe 6-10 hours?

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Looks like fault - milstone one is finally coming to consoles soon! The game will be out on October 3rd. It's one of the better visual novels in the last 10 years, and I love the fact it focuses on strong female leads without resorting to cheap fanservice stuff.

Is it a yuri game? I hope not because I'm not interested in that personally.

How about you Switch owners and VN fans, are you getting Fault, and what other VNs would you love to see?

It depends, I'll see. for what I want, I will welcome a new release for Umineko no naku koro ni, Rewrite, and I want Too Kyo games to release on the system. also, it is really strange that Zero Escape series has yet to be released on the system.

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No worries there, it's not a yuri game. There's not even any subtext. It's a kinetic vn with a focused story to tell!

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Question for Audi , will it be up for preorder/preload?
I'm not sure what the download size will be, but my Switch speeds are atrocious. Took over an hour to download Link's Awakening where it would have taken a few minutes on PC.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic VN series, the first one is a little slow as it needs to set up the world and backstory of 3 characters, but Milestone Two (and Silence the Pedant whenever that releases) has the highest quality presentation I've ever encountered in a VN - Alice in Dissonance go all in on effects and movement to make their VNs feel alive rather than the typical static portrait over static background.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Love my VNs~ Will pick this up since it's very well priced too! Bonus points for no fan service :)

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Awesome news!! I've had this on my Steam wishlist for a very long time!!

I hope the sequel will come as well down the line.

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fantastic VN series, the first one is a little slow as it needs to set up the world and backstory of 3 characters, but Milestone Two (and Silence the Pedant whenever that releases) has the highest quality presentation I've ever encountered in a VN - Alice in Dissonance go all in on effects and movement to make their VNs feel alive rather than the typical static portrait over static background.

It really is insane the quality of their VNs and some others for the price. Like Fatal Twelve (I can't shut up about it) is $20, and has beautiful artwork, characters and story. Tons of content and I easily put 20 hours into it. Steam says 28 hours, but to be fair I left it running in the background a lot so I could keep going back and reading a bit more.

fault's artwork is gorgeous, too. I really hope they reach their goal for 4k super wide scenes in pedant!

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It looks so good, I'm loving the new artwork. It looks so crisp even on stream, it'll be amazing seeing it on the console itself!
Music sounds great, too!

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Is it playable only with the screen? Right now, I have the joycons broken and it would be a perfect game to play until they're fixed or I buy a new ones.

OP
OP
Astraea

Astraea

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The dev uploaded a timelapse art video from the main artist for the fault series.

That's really cool. I watched a friend of mine draw using a tablet as well, and I have no idea how she could draw so precisely.
Like I have a Surface Pro and using the pen I can barely write something legible, lol.
I'm always a little envious of people with artistic talent!

Konatsu Hare is so talented, I even made sure to back the tier for HotW to get the keychains she designed!

PC98_Audi

Producer @ Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Raleigh
Noisypixel gave it 9/10!

noisypixel said:
Fault Milestone One is unlike any visual novel I have played. The quality and presentation are so unique that it can only be described as a labor of love. It's as if a developer knew exactly what they wanted from a visual novel and decided to make it, even if they have to use unconventional means. The level of quality in storytelling and character development in such a short adventure is simply inspiring.