• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
"I never liked Dr. Fauci. I said from the beginning this guy was a loser but I'm a nice guy so I thought I'd give him a chance. Perhaps strip him of his medical license?"

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a stream for this or something?
www.facebook.com

Senate COVID-19 Hearing | Coronavirus hearing: Dr. Anthony Fauci and other members of the White House task force are testifying before a Senate committee about reopening the... | By NPRFacebook

Coronavirus hearing: Dr. Anthony Fauci and other members of the White House task force are testifying before a Senate committee about reopening the...

There might be another, but the Facebook comments are kinda entertaining actually.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this doesn't get him fired. Is he still heading the covid response? He needs to stay in a position where he can help the most people.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.cbsnews.com

Fauci warns of "serious" consequences if U.S. reopens too soon

The nation's leading infectious diseases expert expressed concern that doing so could "trigger an outbreak that you might not be able to control."

He gave a preview of his testimony to the NYT last night, probably to prevent any silencing or shenanigans today.

Thread title suggestion change "Fauci & Friends testimony to Senate on Coronavirus Response May 12th, 10AM ET (Livestream)"

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope this doesn't get him fired. Is he still heading the covid response? He needs to stay in a position where can help the most people.

I'm not so sure. Him speaking the truth is probably more effective. The Feds aren't listening to him if it's inconvenient. Him going out in flames will probably strengthen the resolve of many governors and states.

I'm not hoping Fauci goes out, I just don't think him being silent and running a broken ship is better than risking it and speaking out.

wingkongex

Aug 25, 2019
"We don't have enough money to stay locked down..." is a sentence that was spoken AFTER $1 trillion was injected into the stock market.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not so sure. Him speaking the truth is probably more effective. The Feds aren't listening to him if it's inconvenient. Him going out in flames will probably strengthen the resolve of many governors and states.

I'm not hoping Fauci goes out, I just don't think him being silent and running a broken ship is better than risking it and speaking out.
I agree that he shouldn't be silent either. He does need to tell the truth, of course.

He's walking a tightrope between being helpful and not getting replaced by some moron. I just hope he continues to keep that balance going. While going out in flames might help as you say, it would also mean that one of the few remaining voices of reason from the federal government will be silenced and replaced with yet another moron spouting bullshit, which will lead to more widespread harm.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I agree that he shouldn't be silent either. He does need to tell the truth, of course.

He's walking a tightrope between being helpful and not getting replaced by some moron. I just hope he continues to keep that balance going. While going out in flames might help as you say, it would also mean that one of the few remaining voices of reason from the federal government will be silenced and replaced with yet another moron spouting bullshit, which will lead to more widespread harm.

I don't think there are enough qualifiers and dance shoes in the universe for Fauci to give his honest thoughts without losing his job.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
So Dr. Fauci, the expert, will be fielding questions and recommendations from non-experts about "re-opening" the country.

Wonderful.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Why do I always get a feeling of dread whenever a sane rational person try to talk and get some sense in front of these fuckin buffoons? Its like trying to convince someone so dence tgat they need air to live...

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What are they saying?
No one saw this coming at all, and we still don't know what we are doing so no one is to blame. We just have to pass laws to learn from this inevitable massive death toll because it's too late to do anything to help out with the current crisis. Is basically what the R chairman said in his opening statement.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
No one saw this coming at all, and we still don't know what we are doing so no one is to blame. We just have to pass laws to learn from this inevitable massive death toll because it's too late to do anything to help out with the current crisis. Is basically what the R chairman said in his opening statement.
LOL. Well they are being on brand—lying and gaslighting.

Dec 6, 2017
US

I mean Fauci isn't a dummy, he's obviously considered every aspect of this. He more than likely has been a dead man walking for weeks and knows he's getting fired anyway if I had to take a guess.

OP
OP
Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Fauci says that phase 3 trials on the vaccine should be optimistically wrapping up this fall.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Fauci is going to be fired by the end of the week.

Fauci basically just laid out that opening the country is going to be catastrophic and set us way back in regards to public safety.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Point being hammered so far: "TESTING IS KEY TO REOPENING"

So naturally Texas, 49th in the country in testing, is already open.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I love when people point out that we're now testing twice as much as South Korea per capita. A doctor on CNN yesterday pointed out our infection rate is 20 times higher per capita than South Korea, so it's a pretty shitty comparison to make.