• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just announced on Type-Moon's latest stream on YouTube. In development with Unreal Engine. No platforms confirmed yet.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

No platforms or date yet. Developed on Unreal Engine.

Oct 25, 2017
This means that a Fate/Extra CCC remake could eventually happen and get officially localized? AHHHHHHHH

Also, umu.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Visually looks good, but I see that they still have that terrible Rock-Paper-Scissors combat, so I'm probably out.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Neat, maybe i'll finally get to play it then.
Trailer does not seem that interesting through, but it could simply be due to meh editing.

Oct 25, 2017
Unreal engine confirmed.

Also there's an english version of the site if you click the top right:

typemoon-bb.com

Fate/EXTRA Record - ティザーサイト

Fate史上、初のRPGが10年の時を経て遂にリメイク。『Fate/EXTRA Record』開発始動。

Fate/EXTRA released on July 22nd 2010, as the first RPG in the Fate series.

10 years after its original release, the game is now being remade for current generation platforms.

To all those who once witnessed the Moon Holy Grail War unfold, and those who have yet to, please look forward to its arrival.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
DAMN, it looks impressive

New Combat sytem and also it seems they changed the camera works on dungeons.

Will get my coins if/when it comes to west~

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I knew when Type Moon made a video game studio it'd just be for more Fate spin-offs but deep in my heart I was hoping for... literally anything else. Oh well.

Visually looks good, but I see that they still have that terrible Rock-Paper-Scissors combat, so I'm probably out.

Maybe, it looks a little different. Though still not very.... exciting.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Fate/Extra is my favorite PSP title. The soundtrack is among my favorite, if not my favorite of all times. I would always hang around the Aksys crew in their forums after launch to get to know how localization went. I was pretty sad that CCC never got localized and I'm pretty much the only one bringing it up everything a new "dream localization" thread is made here. If this is what it takes, I'm in a thousand fold.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Fate/EXTRA remake Fate/EXTRA Record announced for “current generation platforms”

TYPE-MOON studio BB has announced Fate/EXTRA Record, a remake of Fate/EXTRA for “current generation platforms” developed in Unreal Engine. A release date was not announced.

Type-Moon Studio BB has announced Fate/EXTRA Record, a remake of Fate/EXTRA for "current generation platforms" developed in Unreal Engine. A release date was not announced.

Current-gen apparently.

Live stream on July 22 at 20:00 JST where they'll share more information.

Oct 25, 2017
Fate/Extra is my favorite PSP title. The soundtrack is among my favorite, if not my favorite of all times. I would always hang around the Aksys crew in their forums after launch to get to know how localization went. I was pretty sad that CCC never got localized and I'm pretty much the only one bringing it up everything a new "dream localization" thread is made here. If this is what it takes, I'm in a thousand fold.

the CCC dream is alive again!

UnsungVagrant

Dec 11, 2017
Yay they kept the music from the original! I hope they do something to spice up random encounters or let us instakill them like in Persona 5.

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing this on the Vita. I love Fate but man the gameplay was bland. Here's hoping that they give it an overhaul.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I knew when Type Moon made a video game studio it'd just be for more Fate spin-offs but deep in my heart I was hoping for... literally anything else. Oh well.

Maybe, it looks a little different. Though still not very.... exciting.
I would have been cool with a sequel in the same universe with improved RPG mechanics (to forget about Extella)

Oct 26, 2017
Kazuya Niinou heads the new dev so I figured he'd inherit the Fate games from imageepoch. You can take the man out of imageepoch, but you can't take the imageepoch out of the man... or something. :P

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess what studio is developing this (Studio BB is just planning/direction), I'd assume Marvelous 1st Studio. Lines up to when Daemon X Machina ended development and Studio BB formed as well as Marvelous having a stake in the Fate/Extra series. Marvelous 1st Studio is also one of the only studios big enough to make this title that isn't tied down to a major publisher.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Making an Unreal Engine game and not localizing it isn't a thing, and the site has english too so there we go.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
fqsh42O.jpg

nZbgI5U.png

... for some reason the new combat screen is giving me F/GO vibes lmao

Screenshot_2017-07-24-10-28-05.png

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I would have been cool with a sequel in the same universe with improved RPG mechanics (to forget about Extella)

I've no affection for the Extra universe or any of the Fate spin-offs of the past decade. Between Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime, and Witch on the Holy Night, plus all the various lore books released around those, and even the original Fate stuff, Type-Moon had built up a very cool setting with a bunch of potential and infinite sequel hooks, all of which have been largely ignored for close to two decades now.

I get it, Fate spin-offs take less work and bring in more money. I just thought maybe this was the time. Instead it's a remake of a Fate spin-off. I sleep.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. What is this series/show like?
A war for the Holy Grail. 7 Magicians each with a servant (famous hero or villain from history) to help them do battle fight for the Grail. Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, Fate Zero, and the movies for Heaven's Feel are all really good.

Blue Saber > Red Saber. The side series is not nearly as good.

Oct 26, 2017
If I had to guess what studio is developing this (Studio BB is just planning/direction), I'd assume Marvelous 1st Studio. Lines up to when Daemon X Machina ended development and Studio BB formed as well as Marvelous having a stake in the Fate/Extra series. Marvelous 1st Studio is also one of the only studios big enough to make this title that isn't tied down to a major publisher.
Really? BB isn't the solo dev? I would hope 1st Studio's is involved. Fate Extella turned out really nice on Switch (Link, not so much). They have a very solid grip on Switch development. Not just with Daemon X Machina, but God Eater 3 turned out beautifully on Switch. Here's a vid of one of the Switch version from very recently so it's fairly patched:

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? BB isn't the solo dev? I would hope 1st Studio's is involved. Fate Extella turned out really nice on Switch (Link, not so much). They have a very solid grip on Switch development. Not just with Daemon X Machina, but God Eater 3 turned out beautifully on Switch. Here's a vid of one of the Switch version from very recently so it's fairly patched:

fate/EXTELLA link looks better then the vita game

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
So, going off of an old interview

Back in December 2019, Niinou teased three titles in the pipeline: "a game related to an existing Type-Moon title;" "a new title set (in a broad sense) in a world created by Type-Moon co-founder Kinoko Nasu;" and "a brand-new, Type-Moon-style title (in an even broader sense)."

Niinou continued, "We're not at a stage where we can officially announce anything yet, so there is not much I can say, but we're currently planning three projects, the first of which has already begun development. That one is a medium-sized title being made in collaboration with another development company. Apart from this, we're planning to begin development from the start of 2020 on a small-scale title(s) that we can complete internally at Studio BB.

So this would be the game related to an existing Type-Moon title, and is considered one of the smaller scale titles. Makes me wonder what the "medium sized" project is.