• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I was searching for the perfect image of Flamin' Hot Funyuns, so I could express my appreciation for that magnificent snack. That onion flavor! The flamin' spiciness! The light crunch! Truly, they are a superior snack. Then, courtesy of the Funyuns official Twitter feed, I found this message of hope and joy:

Brilliant! Time to go jazz up some boring ol' ramen with the power of Flamin' Hot Funyuns! Sure, my packets of Mi Goreng already come with actual fried onions, but these are Funyuns we're talking about. Culinary magic ahoy!

I actually like Flamin' Hot Funyuns a good bit, but there's just a few things that bring them down in my eyes.

but if you like Funyuns, these really stand up, the Flamin' Hot flavor is very pronounced and hit well with the onion powder flavoring

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
a34ca9cd-22d4-4945-ac25-f7f019b9f8fe_9308a5c9-a29f-4ea1-a6d0-eed1eed38352_1100x.jpg

These bitches are my training wheels into the world of spicy foods. I can kill these for days now when before I could just handle a couple before needing a drink. Had some "spicy" guac in El Paso that the locals were hyping up and wasn't shit compared to these. Same with "spicy" pasta sauces.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
these things would be great if they werent Stax

Stax are terrible

full
stop
CDvs53E.jpg

(You have made a terrible mistake.)
kqGssBL.jpg

(̶̡̳̖͇̅̊͌ͅM̷̛͍̳̲ö̴̝̘͔́̚r̵͙̠͕̅̀̎̔̚͝t̵̤̰͙͒̏ͅa̶̮̽̃̓̄͗͘ḷ̴̞͒́̏̔)̵̤̫̻͎͐͠

The gods do not approve of your flagrant distaste for Lays® Stax®. Finding Pringles to be the true affront to history, even the third circle of hell refused to take in those dreaded, cardboard tasting, "crisps" as their punishment!

Those "Stax", you claim to hate so much. Are the nectar of the gods! Sent down from the heavens for the enjoyment of mortals such as you.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
CDvs53E.jpg

(You have made a terrible mistake.)
kqGssBL.jpg

(̶̡̳̖͇̅̊͌ͅM̷̛͍̳̲ö̴̝̘͔́̚r̵͙̠͕̅̀̎̔̚͝t̵̤̰͙͒̏ͅa̶̮̽̃̓̄͗͘ḷ̴̞͒́̏̔)̵̤̫̻͎͐͠

The gods do not approve of your flagrant distaste for Lays® Stax®. Finding Pringles to be the true affront to history, even the third circle of hell refused to take in those dreaded, cardboard tasting, "crisps" as their punishment!

Those "Stax", you claim to hate so much. Are the nectar of the gods! Sent down from the heavens for the enjoyment of mortals such as you.
just like Stax, this post is a bad imitation

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Wait...I like pretzels.

I like Fritos.

...I should try the flamin' hot pretzels and Fritos.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
These are too mild for me. I want actual spice. Give me some blair's death rain habanero. Mmmmmm, now that's a kick in your pep step.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Since we've brought video games into this... Fat4all - can you recommend a Flamin' Hot inspired feature for my next survival horror game?
at the start of the game you have the ability to acquire a bag of Flamin' Hot snacks, it's the only one in the game

using it will fully heal you, but saving it until the end unlocks the Dog ending

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
at the start of the game you have the ability to acquire a bag of Flamin' Hot snacks, it's the only one in the game

using it will fully heal you, but saving it until the end unlocks the Dog ending

Due to trademark/copyright infringement I cannot do this, so recommend me an alternate title for the snack that still retains the core beliefs you preach daily please!

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
actually not a huge fan of the popcorn, something about it is a little off to my tongue. the pickle chips are indeed god tier though

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Never realized until now I need flaming hot pretzel thins and pickle chips in my life. Ignorance was bliss you son of a bitch.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling this would come up.

While the Doritos are great, I feel like they just barely don't make the top 5 because of the way the flavors mingle.

The nacho cheese flavor is just a bit too strong, and it wrestles with the Flamin' Hot for dominance. You start out with a hit from one, which shifts heavily into the other.

It's balance is just a bit too off, and slightly distracts from the Flamin' Hot magic.

fun fact, Flamin' Hot Limon Doritos are in the US finally

doritos-flamin-hot-limon-chips-1578409019.jpg

can't wait to try these
I got these in my import snack subscription box once. They were good!

Nov 23, 2017
Solid list but you're missing the Flamin Hot Doritoes. Dip them in Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa and you have a dream chip.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been craving smartfood's flamin hot popcorn for ages, but i can never find the good shit down in orange county. Staterbros, vons, trader joes, smart n final, nothing. I even tried some of the local mexican supermarkets like northgate, and its a no show. I'm losing hope.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling this would come up.

While the Doritos are great, I feel like they just barely don't make the top 5 because of the way the flavors mingle.

The nacho cheese flavor is just a bit too strong, and it wrestles with the Flamin' Hot for dominance. You start out with a hit from one, which shifts heavily into the other.

It's balance is just a bit too off, and slightly distracts from the Flamin' Hot magic.

fun fact, Flamin' Hot Limon Doritos are in the US finally

doritos-flamin-hot-limon-chips-1578409019.jpg

can't wait to try these

You've just made my day. Will be on the lookout for these!

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't handle that "fake" hot powder that goes on these sorts of chips.

I'll go with this, wife and I munch them away, have to refrain from buying them.

198216596.jpeg

Nov 8, 2017
Don't sleep on the Flamin' Hot Ruffles. Especially when you dip them in the Lays ranch dip. That's been my go to snack for awhile now

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The Mexican Flaming Hot Cheetos are the best hot branded anything to exist.

I don't know if you've had them yet, but you cannot make such a list until you have.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Ate like a quarter or third of the Xtra hot bag and now my tounge has been in pain for two weeks. Pain on the tounge and canker sores. Tastes so good but brings me misery.