• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
GLLjXFs.png

Fat4all's Top 5 Flamin' Hot Snacks

Friends, it's been a long few days at the start of this year and I bet a lot of you are losing that pep in your step. Well, allow me to re-pep that step with some Flamin' Hot goodness. This pup will pip your pep til you pop.

As you are surely well aware, the last few years has seen a boom in Flamin' Hot activity. The flavor has spread far and wide, and will soon be receiving a movie based on it's inventor and their rise to the top of the snack-foods industry. As we look forward, it's important to look back at the past and remember the innovations and comforting classics we've all grown to cherish and adore and worship as our new pagan deity, consuming it's bountiful flesh for now and ever more.

With that said, on with the ritual!

Number Five
Flamin' Hot Rold Gold Thin Crisps

DD9lBoG.jpg

Sporting a nice, thick coat of Flamin' Hot flavoring, these pretzel snacks are a great treat to snack on for hours at a time. The Flamin' Hot flavor hits you with a kick right away, but then the pretzel cuts through that heat and makes it easy to much away at for hours at a time. The next time you are on watch duty for the Fritothorities and need to keep and eye out for any intruders into the secret ritual area's, you be well and truly satisfied with these keeping you company through the long nights of bloodshed.

Number Four
Flamin' Hot Frito's

fwwWrUU.jpg

These babies are taaaasty! If you are already a fan of Frito's then you might fit right in with these. The corn chip and slightly heavy oily texture mix perfectly with the fairly heavy Flamin' Hot spice. Each bite mixes its components to a near perfect degree, munch like the mixtures of various blood sacrifices needed to start the new world in the shape of our new king. With these around your fingers night never lose that classic red hue found on all True Believers.

Number Three
Flamin' Hot XXTRA

L6cDDnw.jpg

While everyone can agree that the original Crunchy Flamin' Hot are classic and a staple in every household, why be classic when you can be XXTRA? More Flamin' Hot heat in a nostalgic form, these rods of joy keep your tongue on full alert! Not only are these delectable snacks, but they also function as the perfect offerings during secret meeting concerning the great red allfather of us all, be they blessed in furious spice.

Number Two
Flamin' Hot Dill Pickle

NADmZYx.jpg

Unique. Crisp. Sharp. Spicy. Beautiful. Rare be it for the world to encounter such a perfect encapsulation of flavors as this (and this is only number 2). Combining the punchy and sharp flavors of Dill with the heat and building spice of the Flamin' Hot and you are left with some of the best chips on the market. These crisps act as almost a spiritual shock to the system, removing and previous false gods and ideologies and replacing them with nothing but the sweat and loving elders of the Flamin' Hot above. One day you know that they will return to earth and slay all who stay ignorant to their embrace, but for them you show no pity, for you are now one of the Chosen.

Number One
Flamin' Hot Smartfood Popcorn

k2VAOBa.jpg

The end of the road is here. once the ritual is complete the world will be drowned in the fires of the Flamin' Hot lords resurrection. Those who have turned away, those who have refused it's blessing; you will be destroyed. Your life and the lives of all you know will be forfeit to this reclamation of the snake deity. It is too late for you. The doors of the sanctum have already been sealed, snipers are posted around the compound 24 hours a day, and the ritual has already commended. Those chosen few will live forever in the loving arms of the Flamin' Hot lord, the one who was with us from the start, the one who whispered into our ear every night, the one who told us truths that would break the constitution of lesser men. We will ascend, rise above this spice-less world, see it reduce to ashes, and we will cry tears of blood, blood given to use, provided to us, a reward for the years of dedication to the lord, years of sacrifices, years of prayer and dedication to the Flamin' Hot King. What is set in motion cannot be undone. Your government won't save you. Your false God is nowhere to be seen. It will be a day that will forever leave a scar on this tiny corner of the universe, one blistered red with the spice that flows through out veins.

Man, that's some good popcorn.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Been looking for that flamin hot smart food popcorn for months now. Gotta find it soon
luckily, I think it's a flavor that's sticking around, it recently got a package redesign

don't think they'd do that unless they wanted to keep it on shelves for a while

old:
k2VAOBa.jpg

new:
ctGBm3R.jpg

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
OP has failed by not mentioning the true king to the Flamin' Hot throne,

Lay's Stax Xtra Flamin' Hot Potato Crisps!
84d0524c-6ee2-4414-aa3c-efd09c5ab316_1.93e01ea16e0492a1dc0a976091620bbe.jpeg

These lads are the greatest chips ever produced by humanity, so good that you'll inhale the entire tube within hours!
Maximum power!

ecnal

Oct 27, 2017
🔥 🔥 🔥

I need to find that Flamin' Hot Smartfood Popcorn, but I've never seen it in store. Anyone seen it in Southern California?

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
OP has failed by not mentioning the true king to the Flamin' Hot throne,

Lay's Stax Xtra Flamin' Hot Potato Crisps!
84d0524c-6ee2-4414-aa3c-efd09c5ab316_1.93e01ea16e0492a1dc0a976091620bbe.jpeg

These lads are the greatest chips ever produced by humanity, so good that you'll inhale the entire tube within hours!
Maximum power!
these things would be great if they werent Stax

Stax are terrible

full
stop

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
fat4all I don't want to whine in your thread but I wanted to say that I would join you on your odyssey but for about 5 and a half years I haven't eaten any dairy whatsoever, which includes most flamin' hot snacks :/

love takis though, I can eat fuegos!

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
As someone who has recently been anointed by the savior that is Flamin' Hot, I think those Fritos are going on my to-snack list.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Sir,

you forgot to mention Takis. I recently discovered them because of Bon Appetit, dislike spicy food very much (due to a medical condition before the idiotic comments start), and I cannot stop eating these things. So good.

GUEST_23b8ca3b-f484-439c-a3cb-8208029ccaea

GUEST_2b00d0e7-d3a3-498b-ba3d-05b1e62a65e1

images

ce82204ead7c75e38d02fce2b11a4b12.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
luckily, I think it's a flavor that's sticking around, it recently got a package redesign

don't think they'd do that unless they wanted to keep it on shelves for a while

old:
k2VAOBa.jpg

new:
ctGBm3R.jpg
I've been searching for this stuff ever since I saw it in your original thread. i've had the Buffalo popcorn, it's but vinegary (I love vinegar) but haven't found the true hot stuff yet

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
No flamin' hot Doritos? This list is bullshit.
I had a feeling this would come up.

While the Doritos are great, I feel like they just barely don't make the top 5 because of the way the flavors mingle.

The nacho cheese flavor is just a bit too strong, and it wrestles with the Flamin' Hot for dominance. You start out with a hit from one, which shifts heavily into the other.

It's balance is just a bit too off, and slightly distracts from the Flamin' Hot magic.

fun fact, Flamin' Hot Limon Doritos are in the US finally

doritos-flamin-hot-limon-chips-1578409019.jpg

can't wait to try these

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I am going to need a bag of those pickle chips delivered. Just charge my Resetera account. Thanks!

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta be honest, the bagged jerky is definitely in my top five. I love that shit. Having said that, I've never seen the Rold Gold pretzels or the Fritos and I'm fucking pissed as hell. Are they exclusive to any stores?

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1. Cheetos
2. Funyuns
3. Rold Gold Thin Crisps
4. Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn
5. Doritos

I'm putting Cheetos at the top because they're classic and I haven't gotten sick of them after all these years. I honestly could put the first 4 at a tie, or re order the list and be fine. The only constant is Doritos at 5, I just think they're slightly below the other 4, they're all 10s and the Doritos are 9.5 for me. I also think Spicy Nacho is the best Dorito.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
yeah, it's a flavoring invented by the now head of FritoLays Corp.

There's a movie being made about him, how this one flavor made him crazy successful
oh yeah, wasn't he just a guy in a largely hispanic american community who thought there was a massive untapped market for spicy snack foods in the us?

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
of all of them i think I like the Sweet Heat ones the most, or as I just call them, the Purple Doritos
If I could re live the first time I had those I would over and over again. I still really enjoy those but I need my chips to be cheesy.

Oh, I just thought of something. Flamin' Hot Baked Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles. Somebody make these.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Oh, I just thought of something. Flamin' Hot Baked Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles. Somebody make these.
when im not working or shitposting on Era, all I'm thinking about is various Flamin' Hot products

FritoLay makes dips, why not a cheddar Flamin' Hot dip?

or salsa?

OR HUMMUS

OR FLAMIN' HOT QUAKER OATS

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
10/10 would adapt into a film

I was in the mood for some spicy snacks but the Kroger I was at had basically nothing. In lieu of flamin' hot:

The Lay's Habanero chips? Basically garbage flavor, nearly no heat

Better Made Hot-Something-or-Other? 7/10, there's a fuckload of chips in this bag and they taste pretty good, my gums are pulsing so 3/10 heat. Better Made is usually cheap garbage so keep that in mind

Sorry for succumbing to some false idols. I did it out of coveting my neighbor, so they cancel each other out I think.

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
I was searching for the perfect image of Flamin' Hot Funyuns, so I could express my appreciation for that magnificent snack. That onion flavor! The flamin' spiciness! The light crunch! Truly, they are a superior product of Food Science(tm). Then, courtesy of the Funyuns official Twitter feed, I found this message of hope and joy:

Brilliant! Time to go jazz up some boring ol' ramen with the power of Flamin' Hot Funyuns! Sure, my packets of Mi Goreng already come with actual fried onions, but these are Funyuns we're talking about. Culinary magic ahoy!