• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's one heck of a delay, but with how packed release schedules are nowadays I guess the only free one available was Fast 10s release date. Crazy.
So if Disney did push Black Widow, where would it go? Take the Eternals date in November?
Next year's Shang-Chi maybe?
So Eternals would be at Doctor Strange's date and so on.

This year MCU content would be the D+ shows.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
it's been a long day...
giphy.gif

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the coronavirus isn't the only reason for a delay that big. It's that and the huge negative reaction to the trailer. Probably reshoots

What? There was no huge negative reaction, it looks like exactly what it should be. 287k up and 11k down on YouTube says others feel the same. Where you getting your data?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Man, an entire year seems insane, but I wasnt thinking about having to fill another movie's slot.

There is no chance Black Widow comes out without a delay now right? I would LOVE for them to just put in D+ or VOD, but I know thats never going to happen.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Black Widow wont be reliant on Chinese box office to be a success, so if it gets delayed it will be to like Memorial Day weekend or perhaps fourth of July weekend.

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look, I have NO interest in this movie, but why don't they just release it on demand for 50 bucks? Stagger the release. Release in 4K HDR for a higher price. Boom.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
A fifty dollar release for a new movie would be just begging for it to be pirated at an unprecedented amount.

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I said $50 to mitigate the costs of going to the theater. The average family spends MORE than that at the theater. Hell, i went too see IT. I to take my girls giant ass Cambodian family (seriously like 27 people) and that shit cost me like $560. The profits would be insane. They'd just have to drop the prestige of breaking box office records for a cycle.

"quick google search" said:
Studios received an average of 53% of the box office gross domestically and 41% of the international gross. So that $373 million gross has already shrunk down to $169 million. When we remove the average theatrical marketing costs of $98 million we're left with a margin of $70 million (i.e. 42% of the income).

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Piracy is too big of a deal. It's slowed right now for 2 reasons. Streaming services are convenient, and cheap and Theater movies only get shitty cam copies most of the time until the film releases on blurray. Even if you could release a film online and not get it ripped in full hd, people would still just point their phone at the monitor and record it, and it'd be 100% better than what they can do in a theater.

Vr theater are the only way I could see it happening, because it'd be impossible to rip, and you'd have to pay per person so it could be a reasonable cost.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Well I said $50 to mitigate the costs of going to the theater. The average family spends MORE than that at the theater. Hell, i went too see IT. I to take my girls giant ass Cambodian family (seriously like 27 people) and that shit cost me like $560. The profits would be insane. They'd just have to drop the prestige of breaking box office records for a cycle.

Well, now your 560 dollar purchase becomes a 50 dollar purchase, because you can buy it and show it to them however you want. Or you could buy it, rip it, and send the file. Same thing for every body else. Either way, releasing it how you said severely limits production company's revenue.