• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
From the official facebook page:

To our family of Fast fans everywhere,

We feel all the love and the anticipation you have for the next chapter in our saga.

That's why it's especially tough to let you know that we have to move the release date of the film. It's become clear that it won't be possible for all of our fans around the world to see the film this May.

We are moving the global release date to April 2021, with North America opening on April 2. While we know there is disappointment in having to wait a little while longer, this move is made with the safety of everyone as our foremost consideration.
Moving will allow our global family to experience our new chapter together. We'll see you next spring.
Much love,
Your Fast Family

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And another one. I have to assume that at this point a lot of studios will not even produce too much in the months after the outbreak winding down, as they'll have tons of movies ready to spread out, making sure they avoid each other as much as possible.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising considering F&F gets so much global box office. I was very excited for the movie but it's the right call.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
They could probably release it earlier if they wanted to but I believe this is a slot Universal already had, and they've released on this date before to take advantage of Easter holidays.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Now you all know my pain when I found out the new season of Survivor was being delayed.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Yeah the coronavirus isn't the only reason for a delay that big. It's that and the huge negative reaction to the trailer. Probably reshoots

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, just checked the schedule, this was Fast 10's original release date, so it was probably just easiest to slot it in here.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Familia can't outrun the thing they unleashed.

tenor.gif

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Makes sense, these movies make a ton overseas and especially in China. Did not think it would be delayed a year. Wasn't Fast 10 coming out next year?

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Anecdotally speaking, but every time I saw that trailer in theaters the audience laughed at it. Not in a good way. lol

When the new trailer dropped I laughed my ass off from the opening lines to the final moment, yet I'm totally going to see it. The series has become the best unintentional comedy series out there, doubt I'm alone on this.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watch Bad Boys and Sonic the goddamn Hedgehog be the two highest grossing movies of 2020.