• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

ZZPdxeQ.gif

Welcome to a much-needed (yes, I decided so) OT about Fashion in general. I know there already exists an active Men's Fashion OT, and bless its existence.
But, quoting the great words of one hell of a sword-wielding badass: "I am no man!", thus I do not feel legitimate to post in it, and feel rather homeless when it comes down to sharing anything related to fashion. I don't think I'm the only one feeling this way, which is the reason why I decided to create this thread, to fulfill that need.

I also aim for it to be inclusive and welcoming of all of you, hence why I just didn't create a Women's Fashion OT. Fashion knows no bounds nor genders, and if you feel like sharing what you like, what you wear, and what makes you feel good, then this place is for you 💜

Feel free to post if you want to:
  • Share your latest founds, whatever you bought recently and makes you feel fancy as hell, as well as your OOTD​
  • Post about items you set your eyes on, whatever's on your wishlist these days​
  • Marvel at the latest fashion shows of all kinds, what inspires you​
  • Talk about anything related to fashion, from clothing, shoes, accessories of all kinds, jewelry and even makeup & lingerie if you want​
  • Seek advice about finding a particular item, or how to pair and wear a daring piece of clothing that you love but seldom use​
  • Receive support and love if you wanna explore yourself and your fashion style​
  • Create clothes and accessories and want to share your passion for your craft (no self-promotion though, thanks)​
  • Share your favorite shops and special offers/sales they have going on at the moment​

Always be kind to each other. We all have very varied taste, so of course we are bound to disagree on some fashion matters we might feel strongly about (and oh boy do I feel strongly about a lot of things), but pay attention to your words when you voice them, we do not want to make anybody feel alienated because of them.
Don't post in bad faith or to rile people up either, we do not want trolls nor snarky edgy try-hards, and we won't tolerate them.

If you wish to post pictures of yourself, however, please kindly be careful to anonymize yourself as much as possible, just for privacy purposes.

Also, should go without saying, but I will post it still as a reminder:
No body-shaming allowed, all bodies are good bodies, anybody can and should wear whatever they very well damn please.

Related Official Threads you might also be interested in:

RoXytsD.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Sooo recently bought myself some new shoes. It had been a while since the last time I splurged on some derbies/richelieu, while they're undeniably my favorite kinds of shoes to wear, they just make me feel powerful.

h7XLEaG.jpg

I'm also pretty deep into enamel pins, it's apparently the one cute thing I can't stop myself from buying these days, because they often compliment well with my outfits, or, more often, with my backpack (I do rotate them often on it). These ones are from Jen Bartel, and I fucking love the vibe they have, this is the energy I want for 2021.

8dF9Z0H.jpg

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I like the shoes! I recently got some derbies as well. Still in the "breaking them in stage", which is taking longer due to not going outside, but they really are one of the most practical purchases you can make.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I like the shoes! I recently got some derbies as well. Still in the "breaking them in stage", which is taking longer due to not going outside, but they really are one of the most practical purchases you can make.

Yeah, the breaking stage is still the most painful of it all, I still have other derbies I never properly broke because of how thick the leather is, oof!
But once they're broken, they're comfy as fuck, and are indeed so damn practical!

I've never heard of derbies before. They're mega cute!!!

Been buying them for over a decade, I just love the boyish look they give to my outfits. And they can really look fun and fancy! I have some pairs hidden away that are difficult to wear because of how loud they can be (and also they're expensive so I don't wear them because that way I don't use them and that makes no sense whatsoever because I end up not wearing them while I absolutely should lol)

I usually love to wear them with shorts, skirts and pants (if I find pants that fit my big ass CORRECTLY)! Years ago I was pretty big into that kind of aesthetics:

idR6xqJ.jpg

oaWEvFF.jpg

Lg4Zoje.jpg

Except I'd wear skirts more than shorts, cause they compliment my silhouette better most of the times (again a big ass problem over here).

My taste has slightly changed nowadays, but I still very much enjoy such outfits for sure!

Last edited:

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
^ are those coming back?? Haven't been looking at womens shoes in a while

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Derbies/Oxfords are cool!
Also, heeled versions

I do love me some heeled Oxfords too! I even have a pair that is probably like 10 years old, cause I don't wear it lots, and it's gathering dust more than anything.

zTHlKDK.jpg

Sadly my feet are pretty fragile, so I can wear heeled shoes if I know I'm just gonna have to sit prettily somewhere without moving much, no biggie. But if I have to walk even a single mile with them? My feet will become blisterland, and we do not like that. It's a bit frustrating, but it is what it is, and that's the reason why I do not gravitate towards high heel shoes to begin with, despite liking the look (and owning some). Give me flat heels, or give me death.

op needs to drop a link to them shoes cuz i need them asap 😍

Bought them from Jonak Paris, a French shoe brand I quite love.
Not quite sure how international their shipping is, but here's the link at anycase:

www.jonak-paris.com

Women Shoes | Jonak Official E-Shop

Discover the Jonak brand spirit : leather shoes collections with trendy, urban and unique models designed by our creators. Assert your style thanks to our iconic and original models.

They're on sale, huge sales are happening in France right now, it's usually when I splurge on clothing and shoes for the year :D

c62dcb85d9a94bfb82039b0a0c941c1e397025f0.jpg

Those shoes are perfect for the dark academia aesthetic

Yesssss I love those aesthetics! mix it up with a bit of preppy, witchery and artsy and there you go!

Last edited:

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
Is oversized still fashionable? I can't help but laugh (internally) at how dorky that looks.

thbs1EV.jpg

6LCFU7q.jpg

Y6On9Pz.jpg

Is oversized still fashionable? I can't help but laugh (internally) at how dorky that looks.

thbs1EV.jpg

6LCFU7q.jpg

Y6On9Pz.jpg

Obviously streetwear favors oversized cuts/fits but also seeing athletic jackets and pants going back to the early 90s aesthetic of baggy fits as well.

I think it's fine because not everything needs to be super-fitted, particularly things like joggers for lounging around the house.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I'm not a boot person but I decided to pick these up as my "dressy" shoes. They're super comfortable and I'm probably going to pick up a more formal black pair down the line.

Blundstone_585_Boot_Rustic_Brown_2_700x.png

Love them, very solid choice, easy to pair with a lot of stuff!

80s High Fashion was A Moment and i think we should go back
i1KLP2c.jpeg

rzjvpw6.jpg

You say that, and then I get reminded that 80s Fashion also produced these:

6yQFpaG.jpg

XIcBWv3.jpg

isY4WQz.gif

thbs1EV.jpg

6LCFU7q.jpg

Y6On9Pz.jpg

I do love some oversized clothes to be honest. The last picture looks pretty cool to me. If used well, it can be a nice look. And it looks comfy as hell!

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Shamelessly double-posting to talk about the fashion show that first instilled in me the need to create this thread in the first place, because I wanted to rave about it, but had absolutely nowhere on Era to fucking do so. Rihanna's Savage x Fenty fashion shows are always such an amazing experience, where she makes sure to be incredibly inclusive of all bodies, and that is so fucking refreshing to see, and so empowering. Bless her heart!
I now lowkey want to buy some of her lingerie, and probably will at some point, to be honest.

Go watch her Savage x Fenty Show Vol. 2 if you haven't already!

Victoria's Secret who? Dead in a ditch!

Also, on a completely unrelated note, ColourPop is soon gonna release an Animal Crossing make-up collection and HOLY FUCK I NEED IT!

UTGYvKo.jpg

hdW4cJr.gif

I already have their ColourPop Sailor Moon palette, that they released last year (I talked about it on the Make Up thread, but yeah I managed to get my hands on it in the end when they restocked this Summer) and it's a pretty good brand, so I'm probably gonna cave in at some point too. I'm weak for this shit, goddammit!

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Triple posting because y'all letting this thread flop, but here are my new gets!

4KGqXrw.jpg

Yet another pair of shoes! Probably the last one for a while to be honest, but I really needed new shoes, and these were just calling my name. They're from a Parisian brand called Mellow Yellow, and they're usually quite pricey, so I'm happy I got them half-priced, and can finally test them out (they always have such cute amazing shoes!). They're so comfy, I cry!

Also received those 2 cute Animal Crossing enamel pins (Raymond & Tia), they're so cute, I already put them on my backpack already!

8LIx02w.jpg

That's all for me for now, stay tuned for more enamel pins, maybe? I don't know, who cares, this thread is whatever we want it to be anyway.

Last edited:

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm surprised the expensive fashion companies haven't all gone under. I guess Americans not caring about covid/states staying all opened has helped. WFH would logically put a permanent dent in the industry, I haven't bought shit in so long.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Never knew there was a fashion community here, appreciate someone in the jeans debate thread pointing it out.

Here's my latest purchase:

footwear_210219_073.jpg

footwear_210219_075.jpg

Big fan of enamel pins for my denim jacket. Always looking out for when a video game collectors edition has them.
Those are really cool!!! So unique. What brand are they?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is an okay place to ask, but, I'm trying to find this blouse I saw on a Japanese drama as a present for my wife.

It's from "Mada Kekkon Dekinai Otoko," aka Still The Man Who Can't Get Married. Yoshida Yo was wearing it in episode 2. This isn't the best shot, sorry, but it's shear on a diagonal at the top with a white blouse and a diagonal white portion in the middle. Thank you so much for any help!

3sz07wwfjqn41.png

I posted on Reddit Find Fashion ages ago but no replies. :(

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is an okay place to ask, but, I'm trying to find this blouse I saw on a Japanese drama as a present for my wife.

It's from "Mada Kekkon Dekinai Otoko," aka Still The Man Who Can't Get Married. Yoshida Yo was wearing it in episode 2. This isn't the best shot, sorry, but it's shear on a diagonal at the top with a white blouse and a diagonal white portion in the middle. Thank you so much for any help!

3sz07wwfjqn41.png

I posted on Reddit Find Fashion ages ago but no replies. :(
Have you checked if something is mentioned in the end credits maybe?

Sep 7, 2018
Since this thread is kind of dead and when I usually make threads about fashion on here there's a lot of who cares, where can I go on the internet to talk about fashion?
I've been looking for a while but I just can't find anything.