• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Oh shit, new city just dropped. Is this actually popping? Why no love for the suburbs or rural areas?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Fashion shows are about flexing ridiculous shit, not actual things anyone would want to wear.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
it's a tribute to YIMBYism. building more housing in cities is good, actually.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
This was a real album cover that this guy made:
pop%20smoke%20album%20cover%20virgil%20abloh%20Victor%20Victor%20gq%20june%202020.jpg

Fortunately they scrapped this lmao.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
anyway since we're talking runway fashion, everyone should stream bree runway's new hit single ATM featuring missy elliot

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This would be a good stupid thing if it was really dedicated to one city, but it's feels just dumb as is with the two clear Chicago references and a bunch of otherwise generic buildings.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Sure, stuff like this isn't really meant to be worn in the streets or as fashion itself, it's just taking an idea, going with it and demonstrating techniques/creativity to potential clients. I'm only getting this stuff from my fashion-designer ex GF when I asked her about why there is so much wacky shit on the catwalk you never see anywhere else.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
You can always tell the kid who had their parents do all the work on a project. We get it asshole, your dad's an architect.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, stuff like this isn't really meant to be worn in the streets or as fashion itself, it's just taking an idea, going with it and demonstrating techniques/creativity to potential clients. I'm only getting this stuff from my fashion-designer ex GF when I asked her about why there is so much wacky shit on the catwalk you never see anywhere else.

one helpful perspective to have about runway fashion is that unless it's specifically a Ready To Wear show, it's mostly just an art show

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fashion has two categories. Artistic and commercial. Commercial is stuff to sell, artistic is for the visual intrigue.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
This is more like actual art. Those things aren't supposed to be worn by regular people. It's there to show the themes or styles of the upcoming season of a certain designer. So quite similar to concept art that you never intended to use anyway.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I never see anyone wearing these fashion clothes. I'm in TN. People are walking around in Wranglers and a t shirt.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you from NYC and just have to let everyone know

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Fashion shows are like the CES for fashion. The skyscraper sweater is no more fit for public consumption than like, $80,000 paper tvs or whatever bullshit gets shown there.