• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
c/o new user Hellshadow, who couldn't make a thread on their own.

Granted, nothing has been inked or signed, but creator Rockne S. O'Bannon and Brian Henson of The Jim Henson Company were on hand to assure fans that they're still working on reviving the show, and have never stopped. "For a number of years we wanted to continue Farscape in movies," said Henson, while also noting that any story they wanted to tell couldn't likely be contained in two hours. So they've moved back to television in terms of finding a new home for the series.

Amazon Prime Video was hinted as the most likely streaming venue to pick up the show—not surprising given that the entirety of Farscape is now on Prime Video after going without a streaming home for a few years—which begs the question of just how far along in the process they are, but O'Bannon was more direct: "We're not done with Farscape."

Came out during the Farscape 20th Anniversary panel at SDCC, straight from O'Bannon and Brian Henson.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Could be great. Tbh I'd also be down for a Farscape: The Next Generation, as much as I loved those characters, a new story in that world with new characters would be great, too.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Yes please

giphy.gif

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love a follow up that covers the same characters — it really wouldn't be the same without Ben Browder/John Crichton and his perspective & charisma.

Anytime they have discussed a revival though it has always been as a followup largely focused on Aeryn and John's kids....which sounds a lot less compelling.

Not sure what a 2020 Farscape would even look like, given that they more or less wrapped up a lot of what was going on with the Peacekeepers and wormhole tech.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they literally use the finale miniseries to setup a time skip by them having a child. Given Henson's partnership with Netflix for The Dark Crystal I'm surprised Amazon was the hinted at network though (even though the original is there now).

35W9lxr.gif

Nov 1, 2017
I remember a friend once talking about this show and starburst. I was so confused, why were they talking about some kind of gum or candy on a sci fi show.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I fucking loved Farscape. Felt legit sad when it finished. Only tv show to make me feel that way. I was going through some stuff but still, it will have a place in my dead heart until it crumbles into dust. Or is burnt - I'm not good at poetic stuff.

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favourite sci-fi shows along with Stargate and BSG, even at the point of torture I don't think I could pick one over the other as my no.1 sci-fi show, they all have something unique about them that the others don't.

Out of the 3 shows though a follow up to Farscape sounds the most appealing. The storyline for BSG was basically tied off with the series, outside of a prequel (which I have never been a fan of) there isn't much that can be done with the story. Stargate is a weird one, I loved SG-1 and Atlantis but something was missing in Universe, no doubt given a couple more seasons I could have been great.

That leaves Farscape, The Peacekeeper Wars ended the series perfectly. It was a proper ending of the story while at the same time making it clear the characters left on Moya were about to start a new leg of their journey.

So I really hope there is a little truth to the rumours.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It's a while since I watched it. Did Crichton ever actually make it home? I feel like I remember they did reach earth at one point, but it was some kind of mind trick.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
It's a while since I watched it. Did Crichton ever actually make it home? I feel like I remember they did reach earth at one point, but it was some kind of mind trick.

he went back a couple of times, but he realized he couldnt stay there because it would bring dangers home. he also felt more at home on Moya with the rest of his friends after being gone so long.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
One of the non-diagetic reasons I liked the show was because it was not American and Australian. There are not a lot of high profile shows that are based there and so if they do revive it I do hope that they go back Australia and/or NZ to film it.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

In the first season he meets the ancient aliens that create earth from his memories to see how Earth would treat alien life. Earth did not pass.

In the 4th season they travel back to earth, but hey, turns out wormholes have a time element to them as well. So they actually go back to the mid 80s (I think) have some shenanigans there (turns out Chiana was who teen Crichton lost his virginity to, which was a crazy call back to a joke in season 1). After an episode in the 80s, they jump back to earth in the present time. Earth seems more interested in the possible new weapons they could create more than anything else, so John eventually peaces out of there without saying goodbye.

Oct 25, 2017
Me and family loved watching this show when we were growing up so much that my sister named her two Maine Coon cats D'Argo and Chiana (D'Argo died earlier this year unfortunately ;_; )

I'm watching The Expanse at the minute so when I'm done with that I might watch this again. I haven't seen it in years.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
That leaves Farscape, The Peacekeeper Wars ended the series perfectly. It was a proper ending of the story while at the same time making it clear the characters left on Moya were about to start a new leg of their journey.

So I really hope there is a little truth to the rumours.

For a relaunch, they could easily go with baby Chrichton and his parents going on in adventures on Moya. Even in real time since the show ended, the kid would be close to 18 or so by now. Little D'Argo Chrichton.

The tone would probably a bit different in such a context, and the time is different as well so i'm pretty sure it would more or less drop the "one episode one story" kind of show structure but still... I want more of this crazy show. I want more crazy makeup, i want more crazy muppet aliens. I want more weird ass episodes. I WANT MORE !

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Rigel might be a bit hard to watch now, given that he's a prophetic parody of Nigel Farage.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Have a bit of trouble picturing a new series. I remember feeling like the writing was getting weaker and things were wrapped up in the peacekeeper wars, and a straight continuation with the same characters wouldn't work all that well.

At the same time, a lot of what made the series fun was Chrichton's personality and embracing of the fish out of water situation the character was in. I don't see that happening with a new character if they tried to go the route of following his child without seeming like a cheap knockoff.

Still - maybe it could be done if the writing were there along with good acting/direction. Would definitely watch if it came through on that.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Would it actually take into account Browder and Black having aged 16 years or so since the Peacekeeper Wars? Last time i saw him was in that old west Matt Smith Doctor Who, and he looked rough.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Would it actually take into account Browder and Black having aged 16 years or so since the Peacekeeper Wars? Last time i saw him was in that old west Matt Smith Doctor Who, and he looked rough.

Ben looks ok i think, this is from this year :

(yes the video quality is not great)

As for Claudia, she still looked great in the new Roswell show (and her voice is still sexy as hell).

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
There is definitely a few threads that warrant further development from a grander political standpoint, but whether or not that includes the characters we know and love, I can't tell

Deleted member 17810

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've tried to enjoy this show, but I never really could get into it. It just felt like a lot of people shouting most of the time, and the sets and lighting always seemed really lackluster. Elements of the world seemed really interesting but I just always felt like the show was incredibly annoying.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
What the yotz is this?

I loved it back in the day, but I have the strangest feeling that I couldn't watch it now. Down for a reboot though.