• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I love season 1 and 2 so much

Season 3, I know I watched it, but I remember exactly nothing about it, other than it had Ewan McGregor in it

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
How is mr. Gomorrah (Salvatore Esposito) in this one? Was surprised to see him in the billing, does he even know how to speak English? Or is he only speaking Italian here?

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
In a breakdown video, the reviewer gives insight to the gang's family names:

Cannon + Fadda = Cannon fodder

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
First 2 seasons of Fargo were some of the finest series i have seen in a long time. S3 fell of a huge cliff after that. After the dramatic quallity drop in S3 i was already pretty much done with wanting more Fargo then i read some of the early previews of S4 which solidified that yep i will not be inflicting another quallity drop of this once supprisingly great show onto myself.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
i dont know what all the bad takes are about so far - i thought the first two episodes were fantastic. the little bit of the second episode my partner caught (theyd never seen it and didnt think they had any interest in watching, so i started myself) led us to binging Season 2 for the rest of that day. we'll probably tackle Season One tomorrow.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
There's a lot of characters and plotlines, but I'm loving it so far!

Did anyone else notice the pan from the Smutney house to Oreatta's apartment, that there was a guy standing in the middle of the street. I think that was an error of sorts.
Perhaps a ghost?

There has always been something supernatural in all of the seasons so far.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of characters and plotlines, but I'm loving it so far!

Perhaps a ghost?

There has always been something supernatural in all of the seasons so far.

True, but most of the supernatural stuff takes place front and center. You never see the UFO in the background of season 2.

Decent start, but even with the big break between seasons the show feels a little stale.

I'm of the opinion that when Covid hit and halted production, FX should have released the first two episodes early to generate hype for the wait later in the year.

Last edited:

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Wtf is this season doing? What does this have to do with the titular town of "Fargo"? Where is this supposed to take place?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming Mayflower is supposed to be the Varga of this season?

Edit:

Did anyone else notice the pan from the Smutney house to Oreatta's apartment, that there was a guy standing in the middle of the street. I think that was an error of sorts.
100% intentional.

Enjoyed the first two.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Not a bad start, will keep watching. I kind of hate that nurse already but maybe that's the point

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
As an Italian I have a hard time taking Schwartzman seriously when he tries to speak Italian, thankfully it's Fargo so it's mostly for comedic effect lol

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
As an Italian I have a hard time taking Schwartzman seriously when he tries to speak Italian, thankfully it's Fargo so it's mostly for comedic effect lol
I'm not Italian and I can tell how fake it is, particularly his mannerisms when speaking, but yeah the affected speech still kinda works because of how the show plays things up anyway.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
that's definitely the point. she's racist, a thief, a murderer, and a bully. and at the end of episode 2 you see that
left a pie full of ipecac for the smutney family.
Damn I need to pay more attention while watching TV lol, completely missed that part. Now I hate her even more.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I liked the 2 episodes, but they seem less Fargo-ish? If that even make sense.
Usually we have an inciting incident being birthed by the wrong actions of some common man, while the shadier underground world is in the back, here it feels like it sort of switched. Also, who is the typical insane but charismatic agent of chaos character that Lorne/Native guy/British guy were in past seasons?

I'm not Italian and I can tell how fake it is, particularly his mannerisms when speaking, but yeah the affected speech still kinda works because of how the show plays things up anyway.

The italian actors trying to speak English are not better either, it's a tall task to ask me to listen to both for an entire season lol

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Strong start, Jessie Buckley and Salvatore Esposito are incredible.

FWIW, Schwartzman is Italian-American: he's Talia Shire's son (and Francis Ford Coppola's nephew.)

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the first 2 episodes so far. I think Fargo is one of the smartest and best-written shows on tv right now but I'm also a sucker for big dumb speeches and so far this season is hitting my speech quotoa. I love the nurse (in the sense she is clearly terrible) and she is clearly off her rocker. Whatever her "special project" is I am sure it is all kinds of fucked up.

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming Mayflower is supposed to be the Varga of this season?

Edit:

I saw some guy in a suit standing still while faced directly at the camera during quick pans in both episodes.

TheWraith

Oct 28, 2017
Loving this so far, the characters, the way the different stories intersect each other, the general atmosphere, ... Can't wait to see how this will unfold further. Off to a fantastic season start!

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the first 2 episodes, good start so far.

Having your city be the setting for a TV show is a weird feeling, this is what people who live in LA/NYC must feel like all the time

Can already tell Orietta is going to provide a lot of fukkery this season.They seem to be setting her up to be a wildcard among the war between the 2 mob families, along with Ethelrida who is smart beyond her years and continues to be kinda nosy .

Did not expect to see

Chris Rock come up with credit cards

Dude same lmao. I got weirdly hyped hearing Leawood and MIssion Hills get referenced in episode 1.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Definitely a great start. Didn't even recognize the weasley cop as Richard Harrow from Boardwalk Empire. Excited to see where it goes.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was another great one, makes me really question the lukewarm reaction this season has gotten.

The only issue that I could understand people having is that there isn't a strong central thread that the rest of the story hangs on but rather all of the plotlines are just going along there merry way. I have no problem with this style but people looking for a "lead" character to latch onto might. Outside of that, it is just excellent.

And almost-certainly-a-spoiler:
I can't believe it took me this long to realize that Loy's traded son is going to be Mike Milligan.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was another great one, makes me really question the lukewarm reaction this season has gotten.

The only issue that I could understand people having is that there isn't a strong central thread that the rest of the story hangs on but rather all of the plotlines are just going along there merry way. I have no problem with this style but people looking for a "lead" character to latch onto might. Outside of that, it is just excellent.

And almost-certainly-a-spoiler:
I can't believe it took me this long to realize that Loy's traded son is going to be Mike Milligan.

Yeah, that was most likely going to occur, when you look at Milligan's promo photos

Spoiler: Loy would be killed in the same way that Emmitt did in season 3

I'm surprised that not that many users contributed to the conversation live last night. I guess after two episodes, some are already writing it off?

And Nurse Mayflower continues to be creepy.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't a lack of interest on my part, it's just that Sundays are packed with new TV right now. I don't tend to watch much live, but last night I had:
The Fox animated comedies (The Simpsons, Bless the Harts, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy)
Lovecraft Country
The Vow
The COVID-delayed finale of The Walking Dead
Primal
Tigtone x2
and Fargo.

I hope to get to Fargo at some point, but heck, even Monday is stacked now...

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the Kansas City connection should've been enough really but you add the fact that the character taking him under his wing is named Rabbi Milligan and I'm pretty sure the show has deliberately avoided saying his first name. All signs point to the legend.

mm.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the Kansas City connection should've been enough really but you add the fact that the character taking him under his wing is named Rabbi Milligan and I'm pretty sure the show has deliberately avoided saying his first name. All signs point to the legend.

mm.jpg

Yep, I think you're right!