• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good to hear. Reviews seem mixed, and even many of the pull-quotes on RT are negative despite getting a "tomato:"
www.rottentomatoes.com

Fargo: Season 4 | Rotten Tomatoes

In this anthology series inspired by the 1996 film, each season follows a mostly new cast of characters who get involved with murder investigations in different Midwestern towns, with seemingly unrelated crimes sometimes being connected in some way.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
TBF that seems to be the outlier review right now. Overall 65 on MC with 8 reviews.

Remove Darren's and the show is at 75 mc.

Which to all be clear would make it the lowest ranked season, but at least not a True Detective season 2 type of decline.

Sucks because this actually seemed like the most interesting story concept so far.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
TBF that seems to be the outlier review right now. Overall 65 on MC with 8 reviews.

Remove Darren's and the show is at 75 mc.

Which to all be clear would make it the lowest ranked season, but at least not a TD season 2 type of fall off.

Sucks because this actually seemed like the most interesting story concept so far.
Oh yeah, wasn't actually trying to make it seem worse than it might be with that review. My GF reads EW and she sent me the link. Had no idea other reviews were even out until I started checking after my post. It does indeed seem to be the worst-reviewed season so far, though does anyone know how many episodes critics have actually screened?

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah, wasn't actually trying to make it seem worse than it might be with that review. My GF reads EW and she sent me the link. Had no idea other reviews were even out until I started checking after my post. It does indeed seem to be the worst-reviewed season so far, though does anyone know how many episodes critics have actually screened?
Sepinwell said he saw 9 of the 11, so I guess it is worth keeping in mind most critics were not given the full thing. So I guess if it really sticks the landing(or screws it up) it wont be reflected in these reviews.

Still, somewhat disappointing.

Nov 1, 2017
It's kinda wild to see how much the consensus on Hawley has changed over the last two years. I think Lucy in the Sky might've been the breaking point where a lot of people (of the few who actually saw it lol) just decided "Oh, ok, this guy's full of shit"

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"FX's anthology returns with its own True Detective season 2."

woof
tenor.gif

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda wild to see how much the consensus on Hawley has changed over the last two years. I think Lucy in the Sky might've been the breaking point where a lot of people (of the few who actually saw it lol) just decided "Oh, ok, this guy's full of shit"
I still haven't seen it, been sitting on my DVR for ages, but that does seem to be the case doesn't it? I do think Legion sort of pulled it out in the end too, but barely.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
My concern is the characters; there are too many, despite the ambitiousness. The consensus among the reviewers is how one of the characters, who is placed at the center, gradually gets edged out as the season progresses.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
"Not available in your country"

I love it when they make you work to see their ads. Joke's on them, I wasn't gonna watch it anyway (the trailer, I'm definitely watching the show).

Didn't they hate the Witcher as well
I mean, season 1 isn't particularly good. But if it's the review I think, they hated it for the weirdest reasons.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
"Not available in your country"

I love it when they make you work to see their ads. Joke's on them, I wasn't gonna watch it anyway (the trailer, I'm definitely watching the show).

I mean, season 1 isn't particularly good. But if it's the review I think, they hated it for the weirdest reasons.
Not particularly good and hated aren't the same though eotjer

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm in simply because I love the time period and Olyphant of course. It's going to have to be baaaaad for me to bail on those two things

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really liked the first two episodes. Seems especially epic and it feels like we're still meeting the cast and establishing things. Also the brother, Gaetano, has some crazy fucking eyes.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming Mayflower is supposed to be the Varga of this season?

Edit:

Did anyone else notice the pan from the Smutney house to Oreatta's apartment, that there was a guy standing in the middle of the street. I think that was an error of sorts.

Last edited:

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. The season has started? i'm confused. (nothing new there, lol)

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Should I bother finishing up s3? Despite liking the cast, I only managed to get through maybe two or three eps.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Liking it a lot so far. Most of the reviews seem positive but not necessarily glowing. A lot of em are kinda complaining they keep kind of doing the same formula. Ok?

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
not sure about those low reviews from the first 30 minutes.....seems at least good.
was a bit confused about the neck wound but i think i figured it out

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
"Go fuck a State Park."

I loved this top to bottom. Usually when there are this many characters and plot threads I tend to favor some over others and, unfortunately, end up disliking some to a certain degree but for the first time I actually like all the disparate parts pretty much equally(okay, Jessie Buckley as Nurse Mayflower stands surpreme). The fact that I'm not groaning when dealing with the teenage character who is at a remove from everything is the highest of praise.

And it is nice to see the return of Fargo's love of amazing names:
  • Ethelrida Smutney
  • Swanee Capps
  • Oraetta Mayflower
  • Doctor Senator
Just to name a few.

I mean I doubt anything will ever top the majesty of Nikki Swango but it good for there to be some competition.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I appreciate the show's ambition, but I must reiterate my dismay with previous seasons.

Murder...in a small town.

Is this the last season, or are they planning a post-apocalyptic future where the descendants of these characters fight for fuel and food?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see why some would be turned off by this season, at least from what I've seen so far. There are a ton of characters with more being introduced every half hour and many of them get pushed to the background after their initial entrance. It doesn't bother me as everyone seems pretty interesting and there is a lot left up in the air as to how they're going to interact with one another and what they're going to add to the story but not a lot has "happened" so far. Its a lot of set up but I love it myself.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
what's the motif/theme that kept playing for like the first 10 min of episode 1?

nvm it's caravan from duke ellington...i knew i had first heard it playing mafia 1 way back in the day.

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the first two episodes. The comparison to the second season of true detective is definitely kind of puzzling, to say the least.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I'm glad I saw this thread earlier, completely forgot about the new season starting after the delay. I thought the first two episodes were promising, not really sure about it as a whole since there's a sizable cast that hasn't really had proper screen time yet.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Just finished the first 2 episodes, good start so far.

Having your city be the setting for a TV show is a weird feeling, this is what people who live in LA/NYC must feel like all the time

Can already tell Orietta is going to provide a lot of fukkery this season.They seem to be setting her up to be a wildcard among the war between the 2 mob families, along with Ethelrida who is smart beyond her years and continues to be kinda nosy .

Did not expect to see

Chris Rock come up with credit cards