• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Poor Ubi, they get everything leaked, from all sorts of different ways too.
Setting sounds great though.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
GUERRILLA FIREPOWER
Employ makeshift weapons, vehicles, and Amigos, the new Fangs for Hire to burn the tyrannical regime to the ground

I don't want "Amigos" or "Fangs for Hire".

I really really didn't care for that feature in Far Cry 5.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
E3 doesn't matter at all. Everything leaks. Anyone in it for the surprise, that era is over

Oct 25, 2017
Nice - Cuba was the one thing I wanted.

But set character kills my dreams of creating a not-Papa Hemingway to go hunting in not-Cuba.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they continue the direction of FC5. Having the ability to do what you want was the best part.

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, no way. I thought publishers were only going to offer free upgrades on Xbox pissing off the (potentially larger) other playerbase in the process. I'm shocked to discover that isn't the case.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Now i want to play it with penguins like soldiers...

Q782QWq.gif

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Love the look of this.

Fring in Far Cry?! Hell yeah!

Side note, and maybe just me, but when you get to "6", maybe it's time to drop the numbers and just go with subtitles lmao

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes his name is Richard Doe. Sometimes uses the alias Rich Doe, clever bastard.

I'm hesitant on this one. I generally enjoy Far Cry games but the gameplay loop has grown fairly stale. Hopefully they do something to spice it up a bit.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Ubisoft are so good at grabbing people's attention/building hype. That picture alone almost sold me on the game.

But I am afraid its gonna be too similar to the rest of the games. Disliked Far Cry 5 a lot.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Cover looks cool as fuck, but if it doesn't shake up the formula to some degree ala AC origins, then I'll pass. More emphasis on an urban environment would be cool for starters.
It is kind of interesting that they mention a city. I can't think of anything in a previous Far Cry game that could realistically be described as a city, so either that's a new kind of setting, or Ubisoft are taking some very big artistic liberties with the word "city".

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I give it like 3 hours until y'all see the jetpacks and horses

Oct 27, 2017
I am all the way in for this. Loved Far Cry 5, had some good things to say about New Dawn too. The setup intrigues me.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to be excited, i just really hope the gun play is better than 5 and new dawn, those games dont feel fun to shoot in.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Love the look of this.

Fring in Far Cry?! Hell yeah!

Side note, and maybe just me, but when you get to "6", maybe it's time to drop the numbers and just go with subtitles lmao
They kinda use that for side (usually more wacky) games (Blood Dragon, Primal and New Dawn), so probably just a better safe than sorry and slap the number there.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks neat, but am I the only one who hopes it's a little more serious/grounded than the previous games? The characters are so over the top it's hard to take anything seriously. And yes, Far Cry 2 was my favorite.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
They seem to like using numbers for the "main" Far Cry games and subtitles for the side-series that tend to have somewhat more unrealistic settings. So far that looks like it's working out okay for them so they're probably reluctant to change. They may worry that if they named it Far Cry: Subtitle, people would think it wasn't a new mainline game.

Dec 7, 2017
Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time. As the dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps. Their ruthless oppression has ignited a revolution.

Aren't there enough real dictatorships to base this on?

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Now we got two major Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul characters as the villains in this series.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Just the kind of setting I was hoping for. Have been hoping for a more polished version of a game like Boiling Point for a while (never really got in to Just Cause).

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
The overall plot sounds exactly the same as previous games. One evil bad person who controls the land and has troops/cultists everywhere, and you have to systematically take it back. I guess it lends itself to the gameplay loops in Far Cry, but it probably means it will be the same thing with a fresh coat of paint just like the last few games.

The return to a jungle setting however has me intrigued.

Oct 28, 2019
It is kind of interesting that they mention a city. I can't think of anything in a previous Far Cry game that could realistically be described as a city, so either that's a new kind of setting, or Ubisoft are taking some very big artistic liberties with the word "city".

Esperanza (the city in-game) is going to try to be a La Habana I imagine. Also with the description saying "frozen in time" I'm positive it's going to be (not) Cuba.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
874714a3631b4a44bad80659a729f87f_fe615db6d41147a2915f018ce3bd6626_header.jpeg

I don't speak Spanish, but Dani Rojas sounds gender neutral to me? So presumably we'll get to customise the gender and appearance?

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
5 was my first foray into the series and I really enjoyed it. Excited to see what they do next. Hope we can at least customize Dani's clothes and hair.