• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering when Ubi would reveal ingame footage. They also should have spread out Valhalla, WD Legion and Fenyx Rising better then.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
April sounds good to me.

What was the point in even revealing it? All they showed was a CG cutscene and a date, zero in game footage was shown at all except for some bullshots that look fake as fuck.
They did the same thing with Gods and Monsters. Feels like scam of some sort...

They have shown in-game clips of the puppy though

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i kind of forgot it even existed, tbh. and i'm a huge huge FC fan

says more about what an apeshit year it's been than the game though

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This sucks, I need more Far Cry in my life. I'm still not convinced Rainbow Six: Quarantine exists but hey, we'll see.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Releasing it mere months after both Legion and Valhalla always seemed like a weird idea to me.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing, but for the better I am sure. I quite liked Far Cry 5, it is fun as fuck in coop!

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at all. Too many AAA Ubi game at around the same time doesn't make sense.

And since we haven't even seen gameplay.......

And I reaally hope they spend the effort on money to move this franchise forward.

I absolutely adore FarCry 3 but that was also the pinnacle.....

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Not surprising because of other titles like Watch Dogs getting delayed (in the past). There has to be some ripple effect too with COVID making game development harder than ever.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Its funny that last gen the "scared dought" started off a year of nothing on Ps4/X1 and now we may see a "covid drought" doing the same thing this gen.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm good with that. With everything coming out this fall/winter it would have been a summer/fall game for me anyway.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
I still don't know how valhalla is coming on schedule. Literally all of ubisoft must be working on it now. The credits are going to be 24 hours long.

Oct 28, 2017
Seems fair. The game was going to come out in February, so they are months from release. I feel giving a 4 month heads up is nice, I guess?

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Not surprising when they have yet to show Gameplay Footage outside of the promotional shots at the reveal despite having had multiple Ubisoft focused digital events. I hope they take time to make this feel like a change from the Far Cry formula and if it goes into 2022 maybe drop CG to really push things forward

I like Far Cry games but it hasn't been the same since 2 and 3