• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
This was another problem I had with the game. Get used to that. That's how most of the Cult Leader Missions happen. You reach a benchmark point and the game just shoves you into the mission.

This literally just happened to me as I was using a zipline to the final point of a prepper stash. Couldn't leave until the mission was done so had to finish it before I could go back and claim the stash. Good thing my memory was good because the stash was "completed" as I was ported away and was gone from the map.

I have never been a fan of forced missions.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This was another problem I had with the game. Get used to that. That's how most of the Cult Leader Missions happen. You reach a benchmark point and the game just shoves you into the mission.
Same thing happened to me. Seemed extremely abrupt.
Yikes. It would be one thing if this was alluded to in dialogue as something that could happen but this just coming out of nowhere felt really bizarre. I legitimately thought the game launched a mission by accident.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Will there be a Farcry Arcade thread once people start rolling with the editor? I feel most Arcade talk would get buried here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Yikes. It would be one thing if this was alluded to in dialogue as something that could happen but this just coming out of nowhere felt really bizarre. I legitimately thought the game launched a mission by accident.

i think it fits the whole fever-dream style they are aiming at so you just don`t know whats real and what`s in your mind. And you know beforehand when you fill a dot on the resistance meter, the next "main mission" happens, where they pull you out into these nightmarish missions...

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not far in yet but I have a question regarding perks. If I have enough points to spend can I unlock them in any order or if I want a certain perk do I need to unlock every one before it? Some of the perks don't sound that great while some do. I kinda feel like I'll be wasting points or should I not worry too much?

For people who have finished already or have at least played quite a bit...is it likely by the end of the game you'll have unlocked all perks or do you need to be careful what you spend points on?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
What the FUCK is that on rails section on the TUTORIAL on hard? This shit is impossible and SO BAD
Yup, go down to Easy. I don't know if it was a bug or not, but I repeated that section at least 10 times on Hard and Normal to no avail. First playing on Hard I couldn't go more than two or three hits before being drained of all health and even staying in the car didn't protect me. Even when I tried reducing the difficultly to Normal it was the same, felt like no difference at all, my character was basically made of paper. But when I went down to easy nothing could hurt me. I stayed outside the vehicle the entire time and never went below 75%, each hit did barely anything and regen kicked in super fast.

I've since gone back to Hard after that segment and I'm doing perfectly fine. I'm routinely running into mobs of enemies with just a pistol and headshoting everyone without much trouble. Something about that opening section is broken.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a few hours deep at this point, and one of my strongest opinions is that I am not fond of the intro really at all, after mostly everyone else hyping it up and loving it. The game is really good after it, but the actual intro itself I don't like. That entire on-rails section is stupid as fuck to me.

I don't really like on-rails sections so it might just be me

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I thought that initial segment running through the woods as people chase after you was great, super tense and exciting, but yeah once you link up with the Marshal again that was not fun at all.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, go down to Easy. I don't know if it was a bug or not, but I repeated that section at least 10 times on Hard and Normal to no avail. First playing on Hard I couldn't go more than two or three hits before being drained of all health and even staying in the car didn't protect me. Even when I tried reducing the difficultly to Normal it was the same, felt like no difference at all, my character was basically made of paper. But when I went down to easy nothing could hurt me. I stayed outside the vehicle the entire time and never went below 75%, each hit did barely anything and regen kicked in super fast.

I've since gone back to Hard after that segment and I'm doing perfectly fine. I'm routinely running into mobs of enemies with just a pistol and headshoting everyone without much trouble. Something about that opening section is broken.

It is mind boggling that this got by QA into the released game.

It's the tutorial! Any other game would just make it impossible to die.

I'm almost thinking it's a bug if you play it on hard. I did the same thing, then dropped it to normal and it was just as impossible. Only dropping to easy made it so I could pass that section.

Maybe if you start the game on hard, dropping the game to normal is bugged and it stays at hard difficulty.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm a little bummed out with Arcade so far. It feels like a mess. The ability to find new maps is absolutely terrible, the filters are almost worthless. Playing online it's just a bunch of terrible maps being played which aren't much fun at all.

Why isn't there a featured section for example?

Edit - found featured. Still seems the trash filter to the top by default for casual players so it's a bad experience.

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not far in yet but I have a question regarding perks. If I have enough points to spend can I unlock them in any order or if I want a certain perk do I need to unlock every one before it? Some of the perks don't sound that great while some do. I kinda feel like I'll be wasting points or should I not worry too much?

For people who have finished already or have at least played quite a bit...is it likely by the end of the game you'll have unlocked all perks or do you need to be careful what you spend points on?

You can get the perks in any order, with some exceptions like you can't get health 2 before health 1 and so forth.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little bummed out with Arcade so far. It feels like a mess. The ability to find new maps is absolutely terrible, the filters are almost worthless. Playing online it's just a bunch of terrible maps being played which aren't much fun at all.

Why isn't there a featured section for example?
Yeah, but you need to remember (not trying to be mean here)

It's launch day

People will be only getting used to the tools and the other thing, Rome wasn't built in a day. The only maps and SP stuff that go up super early I'd bet are the ones done when rushing and just getting a feel for how it all works. Always though, there will be more bad creations than brilliant ones. It's just a realization you have to come to.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York

I'm almost thinking it's a bug if you play it on hard. I did the same thing, then dropped it to normal and it was just as impossible. Only dropping to easy made it so I could pass that section.

Maybe if you start the game on hard, dropping the game to normal is bugged and it stays at hard difficulty.
That was my guess as well. It's very weird. Before entering the car it wasn't as brutal, getting hit was big but you could take more than a few hits before getting drained. But once you were in that car, simply impossible. And given the astronomical difference between Hard/Normal and Easy I have to imagine there is some bug in changing difficulty as going to Normal from Hard offered zero difference.

Doc Harrop

Oct 28, 2017

Not to be "that guy" but I didn't find this part that bad, made it through first attempt and blew up a lot of cultists. I thought it was pretty great!

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why the prologue mission is so difficult?
The on-rails section is can pretty tough. Given the recoil of the AR anyway, then on top of that, the constant moving in the car while driving, and the enemies being able to hit you when you aren't even leaning out the window either, and then you have to worry about the actual car not blowing up too.

Oh and the over-abundance of enemies

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
The on-rails section is can pretty tough. Given the recoil of the AR anyway, then on top of that, the constant moving in the car while driving, and the enemies being able to hit you when you aren't even leaning out the window either, and then you have to worry about the actual car not blowing up too.

Oh and the over-abundance of enemies

By the time I see the plane again, I don't have anymore first aid kids to heal and no time for auto heal to kick in.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
By the time I see the plane again, I don't have anymore first aid kids to heal and no time for auto heal to kick in.
Yup, this was as far as I ever could get on Hard or Normal. I died a ton of times in the truck just trying to bandage myself. I couldn't lean out of the truck for more than a second before being drained of health, not that being in the cab was all that safe. I thought I was missing something like strategic explosives to trigger chain reactions but there weren't any.

Go down to Easy and it's a cake walk, you will never have to heal or hide in the cab. It's for sure broken on PC.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Were you playing on hard difficulty?

Were you on PC or console?

Maybe it's a PC bug?

I can tell you on PC, this mission isn't fun. I tried it on hard first, and then I switched to normal, nothing changed. I get hit no matter what I do, 2 shots is enough to force me to heal. The first truck that chases me will kill me if I don't somehow kill it immediately, which I haven't been able to pull off so far.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I can tell you on PC, this mission isn't fun. I tried it on hard first, and then I switched to normal, nothing changed. I get hit no matter what I do, 2 shots is enough to force me to heal. The first truck that chases me will kill me if I don't somehow kill it immediately, which I haven't been able to pull off so far.

Yeah I tried it about 10 times on hard on PC, and the longest I could last was when you hit that jump. I'm not slouch when it comes to games, and it just seemed impossible. Dropping it to normal was just as hard, only putting it on easy was I able to get past it.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Yup, this was as far as I ever could get on Hard or Normal. I died a ton of times in the truck just trying to bandage myself. I couldn't lean out of the truck for more than a second before being drained of health, not that being in the cab was all that safe. I thought I was missing something like strategic explosives to trigger chain reactions but there weren't any.

Go down to Easy and it's a cake walk, you will never have to heal or hide in the cab. It's for sure broken on PC.

There is this one gun in particular, that sounds like a magnum that will drain all my health everytime I hear its sound. Every truck has it, and even if only the driver is alive, I will still get hit by it, even if I'm not leaning out.

Oct 25, 2017
The only tip I can give people for the intro in the car is, as soon as you start to go low on health, lean back into your car and look dead straight and wait for auto-heal. Don't use any of your medpacks until you're at least halfway through. Just pray you don't get hit with a stray bullet and the car can take the damage.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
There is this one gun in particular, that sounds like a magnum that will drain all my health everytime I hear its sound. Every truck has it, and even if only the driver is alive, I will still get hit by it, even if I'm not leaning out.
Yup, it's borked. After that section I went back to Hard and haven't died once from a gun fight after 5+ hours of play just running around with a pistol and bow. It's like a combo of super high damage and super accuracy that just doesn't exist elsewhere in the game.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Huh... I did it first time on Hard on Xbox and I was struggling with the aiming at the time. Adjusting cross hair position and sensitivity has sorted it.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Huh... I did it first time on Hard on Xbox and I was struggling with the aiming at the time. Adjusting cross hair position and sensitivity has sorted it.

Might be the PC version then. I admit I never liked these sort of sections in first person shooters, even though I loved them, but this is something else lol. Going to try it on easy.

Edit: yup, this is broken. Normal and hard are the same difficulty, on easy no one can shoot straight lol

TheCool69

Oct 27, 2017
Weird reading about the problems with intro. I got hit plenty of times on Normal and never died. Went back to car for a sec to heal and kept blasting.

Odd thing happened to me though while clearing . I couldnt get nearby because enemies kept shooting me. They alerted reinforcements and where closing in. Suddenly i got "outpost cleared" message and everybody was dead. I think they might have blown up one of the cars or something.

Opaque

Oct 27, 2017
Strange, I did the intro first time on hard on PC without any issue, only used one medkit and missed literally all of the dynamite throws (I thought I had an unlimited amount lol).
Maybe I just got lucky?

Edit: Probabbly with noting how I played it, which was prioritising car drivers. The AR has unlimited ammo reserves, so it was mostly pop out, unload at driver seats, pop back in, reload and repeat. For the stationary enemies it was mostly just spray and pray without leaning out.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a place to see how many side quests you've done out of a total? Same with Cult Outposts and other activities. Thanks!

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
These damn impressions.

And me waiting on a "release date delivery" eBay seller who won't respond to tracking requests.

Stupid Drewfonse.

Damn you, Drewfonse.

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018
Usually yep, but not this time around.

Didn't seem to gel with him in all the places that seem to be gelling for me...and I normally love what he digs, so it's odd.
I feel like Jeff has been really grumpy lately for lack of a better term. Like he's always been a bit "game is trash" if he doesn't like it, regardless of the actual quality of it, but lately it seems like it's even more so than usual. It can be a little frustrating, especially since it seems like a lot of the other crew will just go along with it. Love Giant Bomb, but sometimes it gets to be a bit much with this stuff.