• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fordy

Oct 27, 2017
That arcade mode is really impressive. Only thing that worries me is fragmentation since it's not cross-platform if I understand correctly.

Came to ask the same question. You would think as all assets are the same and uploaded to a server it could be.

My only other question with it is, what are the objectives you can have to complete them.

Oct 25, 2017
Gamespot's "Things You Should Know" said this is Ubi's best open world game. Considering Origins was pretty great, that's substantial praise. I think this game is going to review very well.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
There are just so many great side quests in this game. Every captured settlements spawns people that point you in the way of a named NPC. Their quests have character, fun, backstory, everything. Just met with an
asshole director called Guy Marvel who is tired of making Far Cry movies lmao.

slasherjpc

Oct 25, 2017
They nailed this setting thats for sure. Yes animal attacks must be limited cause I've yet to be attacked at least 2 hours in. Yea combat happens super frequent on the roads someone said, so now I'm wondering, maybe off-road travel is your friend in this game. I mean it would make sense that your running into these guys a ton on the road as they control this land at this point. Going to have to test that theory out.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
There are just so many great side quests in this game. Every captured settlements spawns people that point you in the way of a named NPC. Their quests have character, fun, backstory, everything. Just met with an

The side missions look amazing after watching the Gamespot preview. HYPE!

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
They nailed this setting thats for sure. Yes animal attacks must be limited cause I've yet to be attacked at least 2 hours in. Yea combat happens super frequent on the roads someone said, so now I'm wondering, maybe off-road travel is your friend in this game. I mean it would make sense that your running into these guys a ton on the road as they control this land at this point. Going to have to test that theory out.

That's a good point. Probably forces more exploration and finding stuff too.

How's the shooting feel? Is it sluggish at all or pretty snappy? The one thing I never liked about Rainbow Six was the long ADS times. I'm hoping this closer to a Destiny feel in that regard.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing that is keeping me from pre-ordering is pc performance, I hope it will not run like junk on my reasonably old system.

slasherjpc

Oct 25, 2017
That's a good point. Probably forces more exploration and finding stuff too.

How's the shooting feel? Is it sluggish at all or pretty snappy? The one thing I never liked about Rainbow Six was the long ADS times. I'm hoping this closer to a Destiny feel in that regard.
I think shooting feels really good so far. Also reminds me in my stream last night, blew a truck up by throwing an explosive and a dude either in the truck or walking nearby got concussion blasted into a pole nearby. Ha.

R8ER34

Mar 4, 2018
God damnit. This game totally snuck up on me. Admittedly, I have not played all of the games in the series and I'm far from a diehard fan, but this looks very good. As a father who has little time to play video games as it is, I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to manage this and god of war next month. That game is long also. Is this game discounted anywhere when it releases?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I think shooting feels really good so far. Also reminds me in my stream last night, blew a truck up by throwing an explosive and a dude either in the truck or walking nearby got concussion blasted into a pole nearby. Ha.

Niiiiice. I had one thought on those recurring enemy encounters on the roads - Do they respawn in the same area after you've killed them off or does the game cross them off as dead? So if you backtracked on that road again would you have to fight the same enemies? My hope was that as you fight them in their territory that you'd free up alot of the roads so you can travel on them without getting jumped all the time....

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
Niiiiice. I had one thought on those recurring enemy encounters on the roads - Do they respawn in the same area after you've killed them off or does the game cross them off as dead? So if you backtracked on that road again would you have to fight the same enemies? My hope was that as you fight off the enemy in their territory that you'd free up alot of the roads so you can travel on them without getting jumped all the time....

You free up the area when you defeat the leader. If the leader is still alive patrols and enemies will keep respawning on the same roads.

DeadOnions

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Gonna buy the gold edition. The DLC looks like it'll have Blood Dragon vibes and FC3 remastered is a bonus. One of the better looking season passes on paper I've seen in awhile.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Is there any direct screen grabs of the 1X version around? I keep checking the screenshot thread but its dead.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Gamespot's "Things You Should Know" said this is Ubi's best open world game. Considering Origins was pretty great, that's substantial praise. I think this game is going to review very well.

Now I'm kinda hyped. Origins is my favorite open world ever so I find it hard to believe they beat that - can't wait to find out.
Ended up getting it on the X1X over the Pro because I had less issues with Origins on the X.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Well shit. How did that happen? I bought the Gold edition? What the fuck, I've never done that! I haven't even seen what the DLC looks like! What if it sucks, like Blood Drag... oh. That's why I did it.

Oct 29, 2017
Managed to snag this on the PS4 today via early retail copy.

Playing on a PS4 pro and I can tell everyone with confidence that its pretty much a locked 30fps at all times. No tearing, no frame pacing issues. This game is an absolute looker for sure. Its a big step up from FC4 and Primal. Wouldn't like to guess on the resolution but looks decent enough on my 4K screen. Maybe 1440p or so? HDR is very well done. Not Horizon like levels but it is very effective. Foliage etc is particularly well done and dense. Again, not to Horizon standards but it really isn't far off!

There are a few bugs though I've noticed, mostly in animations so far. Characters floating in mid air, walking off the ground etc but nothing too drastic and it doesn't spoil the game at all. It seems so far to be a lot more compact than previous FC games as well. There is always something to see or do close to you. The map "looks" smaller than previous far cry games but there looks to be more to do and more to see which for me is a good thing.

So far, about two hours in, this is the best FC game so far in my opinion. And it "feels" way way more alive than the previous games.

I'd be surprised if this averages lower than say 85 on Meta.
How loud does it make the Pro's fans?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, definitely getting more and more excited the more I hear about the game. FC4 was pretty boring for me too, but I think it was mainly because I had just played FC3 before it, if I recall.

With FC5 having a fresher take and me not having played any Far Cry in a while, 5 will probably turn out to be my favorite. Also if 3 and 4 are any indication, I'm glad the player character is silent this time around lol.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well shit. How did that happen? I bought the Gold edition? What the fuck, I've never done that! I haven't even seen what the DLC looks like! What if it sucks, like Blood Drag... oh. That's why I did it.

Honestly... I think people are jumping to conclusions here. They're expecting each of the scenarios to be like Blood Dragon in size and scope, but nothing has been said from Ubisoft.

I have my doubts that Ubisoft is going to pump out that much content at that price point. It just doesn't add up.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017

Not to nitpick, but he said it was their best open world game in "years". So better than Origins, but maybe not their best ever?

That was a very positive preview, though.

This is so encouraging. As much as I loved Origins, the side quests were largely forgettable. This really seems like a game to lose yourself in.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest question at this moment is actually how frequent the random wildlife attacks are.

I reinstalled Far Cry 4 recently but got tired of the seemingly endless spawning of hostile wildlife. It made exploring extremely tiresome.

Also: is exploration via car/road viable or are you still getting attacked by enemy patrols every 30 seconds?

From the hours I have seen, yes to both.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
How loud does it make the Pro's fans?

DarlingAgileCaimanlizard-size_restricted.gif

I have no idea, lol.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I have been a fan of Ubi for quite a while now but what the hell is up with them over the last year or so. FC5, Origins, Wildlands and South Park. That is an embarrassment of riches in my book.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How's far cry 4 classic (I think that's the name?) play on Xbox one x and/or PS4 pro?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
He mentions a few times in this video that the game is tough, which flies in the face of impressions here....

Only thing in this game that looks "hard" to me would be any kind of "wingsuit flying through hoops of fire in X time limit" missions. I'm hoping there's not many of those. That shit can be rage inducing.