• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Resources:
https://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football
https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/
http://www.fftoday.com/
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl
http://www.borischen.co/
https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com

Podcasts:
The Fantasy Footballers
The Audible
Fantasy Focus Football
Fantasy Football Today
The Most Accurate Podcast

Twitter Analysts by Accuracy Ranking:
Justin Boone
John Paulsen
Nathan Jahnke
Chris Raybon
Joe Bond
Jason Moore
Dan Harris
Jeff Ratcliffe
Jake Ciely

Places to Mock Draft:
Yahoo
NFL.com
Sleeper
FantasyPros

Era Fantasy Leagues:

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I can't bring myself to care enough or get excited about this season, but here's the thread

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
i think my league is going to attempt a draft in a couple weeks even though most of us think the season will never happen or finish at the very least.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who knows if the season will be finished.

Now, it's more important to pick up the RB handcuffs in the 8-10th rounds, IMO.

Jul 18, 2018
It's so weird because around this time is when people start compiling all the excel sheets and databases for optimizing draft picks. I almost forgot we almost a month away since the season starts. Ugh, i think i'm just going to go RB&RB, because judging by other sports, injuries are going to be a lot more this season

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Who knows if the season will be finished.

Now, it's more important to pick up the RB handcuffs in the 8-10th rounds, IMO.
I'm of the complete opposite opinion, this is the year to AVOID handcuffs. Cause as we have seen with Baseball, if a player tests positive, they are going to delay the teams game, not just the player(s), so it's probably a better idea to have less handcuffs/stacks this year to minimize the impact on your roster when a team has a game postponed/moved

I'm also not even going to look at bye weeks this year when drafting, because it's likely that several of them will be moved

Aisod

Mar 21, 2020
Excitement is definitely down this year. I'm having every1 pay at the end of the season only if 10 games are played. We set a 10 game threshold in the case the season does get cancelled and no playoffs occur. The top 3 teams get the pay outs based off of record and points scored as tie breaker.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not excited about it, but I'd like to continue my tradition of getting to the playoffs in the ERA leagues. That is, before the season is cancelled by week 6.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Smurf. I take it the ResetEra Leagues are cancelled this year?
Yeah. I keep meaning to make a post on the thread and always forget. But with the covid situation and the fact that we have a promotion/relegation system, it would be unfair to the people that can't/don't want to play this season. Also, if there is any kind of reopening in the next few months, I'll be super busy and it will be hard to run multiple leagues. Hopefully, we can get back to normal before the 2021 season.

Now, if there is enough interest, we could make a 1-year league just for fun. That wouldn't have any impact on the standings of the Era leagues tho.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I keep meaning to make a post on the thread and always forget. But with the covid situation and the fact that we have a promotion/relegation system, it would be unfair to the people that can't/don't want to play this season. Also, if there is any kind of reopening in the next few months, I'll be super busy and it will be hard to run multiple leagues. Hopefully, we can get back to normal before the 2021 season.

Now, if there is enough interest, we could make a 1-year league just for fun. That wouldn't have any impact on the standings of the Era leagues tho.

So we definitely aren't doing ERA leagues? That sucks. I mean, i get why, but I also think having a draft and prepping will keep people involved somewhat and not just forget and drop out for 2021.

Is anyone keeping track of the Prominent Members league and who is in or out?

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fantasy baseball is frustrating enough. I don't think my emotions can take on whatever happens in fantasy football.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
So we definitely aren't doing ERA leagues? That sucks. I mean, i get why, but I also think having a draft and prepping will keep people involved somewhat and not just forget and drop out for 2021.

Is anyone keeping track of the Prominent Members league and who is in or out?
Yeah, I'm keeping track of the members on all leagues and etc. Some people are definitely going to drop out, but the good thing about having multiple leagues and a promotion/relegation system is that the top leagues will always be filled.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not entering any leagues this Season. Just focusing on the Dynasty league I'm in for 2 years.

Oct 28, 2017
California

Yeah man no worries I understand.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Doom and gloom thread here.

In a dynasty and a couple redrafts and discussing contingencies now. All involve money.

There will be some impact from Covid, whether major, moderate or minor only time will tell. A little positive for now is with training camps happening been outbreak free. Have seen protocols at some places and they're not bad. Far better than what you see in regular employment. Of course, what people do at home is an unknown so definite trust factor but NFL seems serious about putting the hammer down on players that engage in risky behavior (vs the MLB who don't seem interested in that)

I already have my protocols for my league (SLAENT Play or Die League) this year up. The ideas on how to proceed have been discussed ad nauseum on Reddit and fantasy sites like Footballguys.com, I'm just surprised how little some of the sites are doing to clarify roster stuff. I'm talking with people in my league also to figure not the fairest way to proceed.

1) All teams will have 4 COVID/IR roster spots; 3 for COVID, 1 for IR - So far Yahoo! doesn't seem to be having any special rules or implementing a special COVID-19 IR, so I'm implementing extra spots for that. We already have one spot for regular IR, so this adds 3 more specifically for COVID-19 cases. You cannot have a player who is on normal IR put on one of the three COVID IR spots though.

2) The league payouts are changed based on what happens during the season:
* If 10 or fewer games are played and the season is canceled, no payouts will occur and all monies are refunded OR can be rolled to entry into the 2021 league (your choice).
* If 11-13 games are played but the playoffs don't start (aka we don't reach Week 14), payouts will occur based on what place you are in when the season ended after tiebreakers.

* If we make it to the playoffs but the season ends, payouts will occur based on seeding.

* This is up for discussion and may change!

3) People diagnosed with COVID-19 are off limits - You may *NOT* pick up and stash any IR-COVID players that were on the waiver wire when their status was changed. If a player diagnosed with COVID-19 is dropped from a roster he *CANNOT* be picked up to stash on your IR-COVID roster. Once their status reverts back to active, they are free game.

4) Draft will be no earlier than the week during the season starts - First game is Thursday, September 10th. The Draft will be no earlier than September 6th in order to best navigate COVID-19 issues

Basically anyone who plays has to go into the year with the expectation of more chaos than the usual "luck" issue and has to keep that in mind. It's one thign when your best player bombs in a big spot or is injured and misses the fantasy playoffs. What if you have a killer 1-2 QB-WR combo and they have to miss 3 weeks on the IR-COVID list? That's why I'm telling anybody who plays any fantasy league this year to be prepared for the impending chaos ahead.

DO
YOUR
HOMEWORK

If you're not a guy who generally pays attention to fantasy websites or injury reports (massive this year), you might want to look into a Best Ball format or not do a redraft league this year. There are many good links for prepping in a COVID-19 year: 4 for 4, CBS Sports, and footballguys.com have some excellent pieces covering that issue. Understand that once you opt into playing don't ragequit if one of your key pieces gets infected or sits erroneously due to a false positive, which actually has already happened.

For fellow commissioners, be active in getting responses/feedback from your league mates on rules. The worst thing that can sink a league of lack of communication/foresight on an issue/rule during the season. Be proactive in discussing them now so there is clarity when the games start.

Last edited:

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in an auction keeper league, and just have a few questions. our draft budget is 200 bucks. Im planning on keeping Austin Hooper, who's a 7 dollar hit, and probably Scary Terry who will be a $12 hit. Someone is offering me RoJo for draft capital, which will set me back $20 for my budget as well. Is RoJo worth it this year? Im kinda worried since they got Shady.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I'm in an auction keeper league, and just have a few questions. our draft budget is 200 bucks. Im planning on keeping Austin Hooper, who's a 7 dollar hit, and probably Scary Terry who will be a $12 hit. Someone is offering me RoJo for draft capital, which will set me back $20 for my budget as well. Is RoJo worth it this year? Im kinda worried since they got Shady.

I can't imagine paying dollars for RoJo? Like okay, Brady, but...I'm just really struggling to imagine Jones was a quarterback away from being remarkable. Terry I'm onboard with that ride, but honestly my impression of Jones in that backfield for the last few years has been: "can be replaced by Trent Richardson" :/

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty much with crazymoogle here HamSandwich. Rojo is a guy that in redraft leagues if he's out there in the middle to late rounds, I'll take a shot at him from time to time. But I would not spend 10% of my budget on him.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Home league 7th pick (10 team PPR), defending champion
  1. Dalvin Cook
  2. Nick Chubb
  3. Austin Ekeler
  4. Robert Woods
  5. Calvin Ridley
  6. Terry McLaurin
  7. Devante Parker
  8. De'Andre Swift
  9. Josh Allen
  10. Tyler Higbee
  11. Darius Slayton
  12. Hayden Hurst
  13. Marlon Mack
  14. Carson Wentz
  15. Younghoe Koo
  16. Los Angeles Chargers

I just thought this was a nive e-mail to share considering so many people are undecided on playing FF this year.
Howdy All,

Can we talk?

How are you?

Hang on. Let me say that better. How are you? Really?

2020 has been a ##### for a ton of people. In all sorts of ways.

I've been as fortunate in this as anyone I know. But I've found myself more irritable than I should be. More tense than I should be. Little things that shouldn't bother me seem to be way more annoying than they should be. It feels like a "weight".

My guess is you feel it too.

It's easy to identify the source for lots of this. It's right there in front of us.

But I believe there's a big factor that's harder to see. I think a ton of this "weight" has been one thing: Less positive human interaction.

With an emphasis there on "positive". I'm not talking about arguing on Facebook or Twitter. That sucks. I'm talking about positive interactions with people you know not living under the same roof as you.

So here's three thoughts. From a 40,000 foot view down to something practical.

1. I see you.
Not literally. Computers are rad but we're not quite there yet. But I want you to know I understand this is about way more than emails. This is about community and being part of something bigger than me. And you. It's all of us together.

And we need that. If these last six months have taught me anything, it's we need each other. We need community.

2. Be kind to each other.
Empathy is vastly underrated. When you're interacting with another person, you rarely know the full story. You may think they're being rude or not paying attention. And they may be. They may also be worried about a child that's acting differently. Or a parent that's aging. It's so much better to assume the best of that other person and show them extra grace. Lord knows I need it too. Be extra nice.

And here's a thought on being kind and empathetic. It's proactive. Meaning you make the first move. Get out there. Get in the game. Send the text. Open the door. Say something kind. It's those kinds of things that set things in motion and allow you to continue those positive interactions. They won't just fall into your lap.

Which leads me to the last point. The real live rubber meets the road level:

3. I think you should play fantasy football this year. Even if you're not feeling it.
Is that self serving? Sure it is. Fantasy Football and Footballguys is how I make my living. It supports my family and the families of quite a few other people at Footballguys. It allows us to do the things we do for my local community.

But you can play Fantasy Football without Footballguys.

• Find a free league and have at it.
  • Have the Draft. Virtually if need be. Might be the best thing you do on Zoom all year.
  • Talk the Smack.
  • Work the Waiver Wire.
  • Set the Lineups.
  • Crown a Champion.
  • Celebrate.
  • Make the last place GM walk down the street in his underwear. You know what to do.

You already know this but I'll say it anyway. It's not really about Football.

It's about living your life. And being in community with other people.

That's what I'm talking about and that's why I love Fantasy Football so much.

That's it. Get out there and play Fantasy Football.

Your friends at Footballguys.

Joe Bryant
Footballguys.com

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Home league 7th pick (10 team PPR), defending champion
  1. Dalvin Cook
  2. Nick Chubb
  3. Austin Ekeler
  4. Robert Woods
  5. Calvin Ridley
  6. Terry McLaurin
  7. Devante Parker
  8. De'Andre Swift
  9. Josh Allen
  10. Tyler Higbee
  11. Darius Slayton
  12. Hayden Hurst
  13. Marlon Mack
  14. Carson Wentz
  15. Younghoe Koo
  16. Los Angeles Chargers

Agree. I prefer Hurst over Higbee, but between the two decent odds one breaks out. While I'm pro JT, Marlon Mack in the 13th is criminal. Like Wentz more than Allen, so as a round 14 pickup again illegal.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Agree. I prefer Hurst over Higbee, but between the two decent odds one breaks out. While I'm pro JT, Marlon Mack in the 13th is criminal. Like Wentz more than Allen, so as a round 14 pickup again illegal.
I've been grabbing Hurst everywhere. I'll start whoever had the bigger target share or performance after Week 1.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Drafted my first team of four leagues today ... didn't really put too much thought or effort into it, though, in particular because I don't think the season will happen. Regardless, 12-team, standard league.

Lamar Jackson
Alvin Kamara
Melvin Gordon
DeAndre Hopkins
Robert Woods
Tyler Higbee
Jarvis Landry
Denver
Zane Gonzalez

JK Dobbins
Zack Moss
Henry Ruggs III
Noah Fant
Joe Burrow
N'Keal Harry

Aisod

Mar 21, 2020
We drafted last Saturday. 12 team standard. I'm pretty happy with who I ended up with. Too bad its likely all for naught.

Matthew Stafford
Derrick Henry
Joe Mixon
Adam Thielen
Tyler Lockett
Mike Gesicki
DeVante Parker
Patriots D/ST
Harrison Butker

Bench:

Jonathan Taylor
Marquise Brown
J.K. Dobbins
Brandin Cooks
Curtis Samuel
Damien Harris
Chase Edmonds

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Oh man...

I have two money leagues going strong this year.

1 draft is completed, the other happens the week before the season starts.

Here's my one team:
10 team, half point per reception, had the 3rd pick, format is 1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 3idp 1k

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Zeke - can't keep
RB: L Bell
WR: M Evans - can't keep
WR: Juju - can't keep
WR: R Woods
TE: E Engram
K: J Lambo
IDP: Leighton Vander Esch
IDP: Tremaine Edmunds
IDP: Kwon Alexander
Bench: DJ Chark
Bench: Will Fuller
Bench: Larry Fitz
Bench: K Hunt - can't keep
Bench: C Akers
Bench: Z Moss
Bench: Budda Baker

I can keep one person going into next year, and Moss was my last pick. Here's hoping he blows up and I can have a steal.

I started an interest thread for my league here, we have between 2-4 open spots for now if anyone is interested.
Drafted my first team of four leagues today ... didn't really put too much thought or effort into it, though, in particular because I don't think the season will happen. Regardless, 12-team, standard league.
That's dangerous to think that way, isn't it? You don't put any effort and the season goes through you have the regret of not taking it seriously.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
That's dangerous to think that way, isn't it? You don't put any effort and the season goes through you have the regret of not taking it seriously.
It's fantasy football. I've been doing this for like fifteen years, I love it, and I still think it's a silly game that by its own definition is not meant to be taken seriously. Also, leagues are won in the waivers and on the trading block. Lamar Jackson had an ADP of about 100 last year and was on 3/4 of teams that made the playoffs. I'll be just fine with this squad and I'll grab some guys as the year goes.

It's fantasy football. I've been doing this for like fifteen years, I love it, and I still think it's a silly game that by its own definition is not meant to be taken seriously. Also, leagues are won in the waivers and on the trading block. Lamar Jackson had an ADP of about 100 last year and was on 3/4 of teams that made the playoffs. I'll be just fine with this squad and I'll grab some guys as the year goes.
Very true. I have to read and research a lot or if I miss on a guy/pick I always second guess myself and think on what I could've done differently. I've absorbed a lot of gut-wrenching losses over the years and every time I think I'm numb there some odd result/game that drives me up the wall again.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
My 2nd draft is in a week. hoping these bodies can stay say in camps. Hate to see people going down before the season.

Who are some of yer sleepers this year?

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017

Lamar Jackson
Alvin Kamara
Melvin Gordon
DeAndre Hopkins
Robert Woods
Tyler Higbee
Jarvis Landry
Denver
Zane Gonzalez

JK Dobbins
Zack Moss
Henry Ruggs III
Noah Fant
Joe Burrow
N'Keal Harry

Congrats on the win.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Did first draft. PPR,.2 points per carry. three flex spots and must start one RB, WR AND TE on top of the flexes,

Went RB heavy as in my last experiences, seems so much easier to find startable WRs vs RBs. Thoughts?

QBs: Tom Brady, Carson Wentz
RBs: Barkley, Miles Sanders, David Johnson, Ronald Jones, Tarik Cohen, Latavius Murray
WRs: Calvin Ridley, DJ Chark, CeeDee Lamb
TEs: Evan Engram, TJ Hockenson, Dallas Goedert
PK: undrafted. Likely cut Goedert for one (he was my last pick)
Def: Vikings

Probably should've taken a WR when I drafted Ronald Jones. For some reason I'm a believer, but could've paired a solid WR to go with Ridley and had a bit more rounded team. Just gotta hope now Fournette doesn't end up on any of the RBs teams I drafted. A Kamara holdout would be fabulous since saw he's been missing practices, but don't think he would ever miss any games. New CBA makes it entirely pointless and damaging to the player when under contract.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Did first draft. PPR,.2 points per carry. three flex spots and must start one RB, WR AND TE on top of the flexes,

Went RB heavy as in my last experiences, seems so much easier to find startable WRs vs RBs. Thoughts?

QBs: Tom Brady, Carson Wentz
RBs: Barkley, Miles Sanders, David Johnson, Ronald Jones, Tarik Cohen, Latavius Murray
WRs: Calvin Ridley, DJ Chark, CeeDee Lamb
TEs: Evan Engram, TJ Hockenson, Dallas Goedert
PK: undrafted. Likely cut Goedert for one (he was my last pick)
Def: Vikings

Probably should've taken a WR when I drafted Ronald Jones. For some reason I'm a believer, but could've paired a solid WR to go with Ridley and had a bit more rounded team. Just gotta hope now Fournette doesn't end up on any of the RBs teams I drafted. A Kamara holdout would be fabulous since saw he's been missing practices, but don't think he would ever miss any games. New CBA makes it entirely pointless and damaging to the player when under contract.
How many teams on ur league? I really don't think you need to roster 2 qbs and 2 TEs.. I would also try and add at least another WR, I know you only need to start 1 each week, but should still roster more than 3.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
How many teams on ur league? I really don't think you need to roster 2 qbs and 2 TEs.. I would also try and add at least another WR, I know you only need to start 1 each week, but should still roster more than 3.

12 team league. I rolled with two QBs as not a super believer in either. They have a good combined schedule. Giants three times. Wash twice. Packers twice. Playoff schedule of Arizona, Detroit and Washington. Of course, teams change wildly so may not be that great of schedule when all said and done.

I own Engram in dynasty so hard for me to trust him (was hoping to get Waller). Though not said, do like that your response indicates you wouldn't drop any of the backs for a WR. I got Tarik and Latavius criminally late to me (12th and 13th round). Going after them did cost me Boston Scott whom I wanted. I kind of regret not handcuffing instead and ditching one of those for him. Oh well!

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Had one of my three drafts this past weekend.

Mahomes (keeper)
Julio
Woods
A Jones
Mark Ingram
Higbee
TY Hilton
Lutz
Titans D

Bench
Cousins
Fuller V
Golden Tate
Zac Moss

Yahoo gave it a A-. To bad Jags didn't release Fournette earlier so i could of snag Chris Thompson.

Seaners182

Oct 1, 2018
I've been the commish of a 14 team standard scoring league for the past 16 years and the commish of a work league that fluctuates between 12-14 teams for the past 13 years. I'm also in a 12 team PPR league and the draft is tonight (my keeper is Julio). I'm envious of the rosters you guys are posting in 8-10 team leagues. One of these years I'll get in on a smaller league just to see what it's like not having to scrape the bottom of the waiver wire throughout the year. Here's my roster for the 14 team standard league (I had the 2nd pick).

Kyler Murray
DK Metcalf
Jarvis Landry
Saquon Barkley
Chris Carson
Noah Fant
Flex: Melvin Gordon
Dan Bailey
Indy D

Bench:
JK Dobbins
Z Moss
Reagor (sucks about the shoulder)
Tannehill
Benny Snell Jr.
N'Keal Harry
Irv Smith
Ryquell Armstead (drafted before the Fournette news)

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't feel like football is about to start, but somehow I have my draft labor day. It's a 12 team, half point PPR league and I have to chose my keepers. It's an auction league, can keep the player for $4 more than you drafted him last year. Can only keep a guy twice.

One spot is for sure Lamar Jackson at $9. Other options are:

James Connor - $9
Courtland Sutton - $6
Dalvin Cook - $49
Derrick Henry - $41
JuJu - $26

Sutton seems like the biggest bargain, and I'd be able to keep him next year if he goes off. Cook or Henry would be nice so I have cost certainty on my RB1. Big ticket RBs that make it to action in my league generally go in the 50-60 dollar range.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't feel like football is about to start, but somehow I have my draft labor day. It's a 12 team, half point PPR league and I have to chose my keepers. It's an auction league, can keep the player for $4 more than you drafted him last year. Can only keep a guy twice.

One spot is for sure Lamar Jackson at $9. Other options are:

James Connor - $9
Courtland Sutton - $6
Dalvin Cook - $49
Derrick Henry - $41
JuJu - $26

Sutton seems like the biggest bargain, and I'd be able to keep him next year if he goes off. Cook or Henry would be nice so I have cost certainty on my RB1. Big ticket RBs that make it to action in my league generally go in the 50-60 dollar range.

that's tough. I'm not the biggest Sutton person but at $6...

Cook scares me a bit with his injury proneness plus contract dissatisfaction. I could see locking up Henry. James Connor at $9 is also tempting as I think he has a bounce back year but more risky for sure.

Is their a salary cap with the auction? If not, what's your personal budget your willing to throw around? Some of this depends on what kind of money your willing to spray at the auction.

Dr_LawyerCop

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
that's tough. I'm not the biggest Sutton person but at $6...

Cook scares me a bit with his injury proneness plus contract dissatisfaction. I could see locking up Henry. James Connor at $9 is also tempting as I think he has a bounce back year but more risky for sure.

Is their a salary cap with the auction? If not, what's your personal budget your willing to throw around? Some of this depends on what kind of money your willing to spray at the auction.

It's a $200 cap. Hard thing is I haven't done much research this year and I also don't have much of a feel for what's going to be available once other teams keepers are set. A guy like Clyde Edwards-Helaire is going to go $70+ and I try to stay out of those bidding wars. I should give Connor a bigger look but he killed me last year so it left a bad taste in my mouth. I am saving on Jackson so I could use that for Cook/Henry.

Usually I try to get 1 elite RB/WR at auction and then fill in with guys I think are values. Usually works out pretty well but this year I'm clueless.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I would go Jackson/Sutton or Conner, but that's because I always play for value and I'm comfortable gambling on RBs for a lower price in the draft.