• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One player doesn't draft and assemlbes a team through FA after the draft. The leauge goes on as normal but everytime the Vampire wins a game he gets to swap one of his starters for the team he just beat. Some variables from there like some leagues don't allow free agency or waiver claims afterwards.
The league I'm in gives Vampire the waiver rights first until he uses it then they go to the bottom.

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
Don't feel so good about my draft, could've been much better but here it is.

12 man .5 PPR

QB - Russell Wilson
WR - Chris Godwin
WR - Tyler Boyd
WR - Dede Westbrook
RB - Delvin Cook
RB - Chris Carson
TE - Travis Kelce
Flex - Michael Gallup
K - K Fairbairn
D - Seahawks

Bench - Geronimo Allison
Bench - James Washington
Bench - Darrell Henderson Jr.
Bench - Alexander Mattison
Bench - Justice HIll

EDIT: Someone just dropped melvin gordon in my league and i have the #1 waiver pick..hmmmmmm

Last edited:

Bright-Light

Oct 29, 2017
Is this the best place to seek Fantasy advice? Im still new to NFL (3 years now) and i am in a fantasy league and I always cant tell if a trade im offered is good or not. Here is the trade.
He wants:
M Mack & D moore
For Ingram, A Peterson, Valdes-Scantling.

Now i dont care about AP or Valdes, but i do want Ingram. Is it worth it??? Here is the rest of my Team.

QB Brady
RB Mack
RB Ekeler
WR D Adams
WR J Smith-Schuster
TE Kittle
RB P Barber
K Gould
DE Browns

BN Breida
BN Drake
BN J Hill
BN D Moore
BN Pettis
BN Burton

Oct 26, 2017
UK
What is the consensus on Royce Freeman this year? Was garbo last year but they seem to want to make him a big part of the rushing attack.

In a 16 team league someone dropped him for Yeldon which seemed odd to me, I picked him up for extra depth at rb.

Now my rbs are: Cook, Gurley, Brieda, Freeman and Mattison.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Is this the best place to seek Fantasy advice? Im still new to NFL (3 years now) and i am in a fantasy league and I always cant tell if a trade im offered is good or not. Here is the trade.
He wants:
M Mack & D moore
For Ingram, A Peterson, Valdes-Scantling.

Now i dont care about AP or Valdes, but i do want Ingram. Is it worth it???

Well, for league with no flex, you're giving up your 3rd best receiver + 2nd best RB for what you believe to be a better RB, a bench RB who could have value (TBD) and an upside receiver. So if you really like MVS and really want Ingram, do it. But the hidden cost of this trade is dropping a player - I would drop Burton as TE depth doesn't get you much.

Would I rather have Mack/DJ Moore? Yes, but come Week 1 all bets are off. We don't know if AP plays over Guice, or if MVS has a solid role, or if DJ Moore and Mack are 100+ yards/game. You're losing the deal on paper - if you're taking back more players you are generally losing - but it really depends on how much you like or hate the players involved. I mean in theory, you win, if you think Ingram is better than Mack because it improves your starting lineup.

What is the consensus on Royce Freeman this year? Was garbo last year but they seem to want to make him a big part of the rushing attack.

In a 16 team league someone dropped him for Yeldon which seemed odd to me, I picked him up for extra depth at rb.

Consensus right now is concern that Lindsay will descend back to earth and that Royce will improve, and basically that for the draft pick Royce was the better move. But still entirely possible Lindsay is the only good player. Theo Riddick is on IR so I guess it's the same RB squad as last year. Personally, I think it's worth the hold for a week or two, depending on how the Flacco offense works out.

Bright-Light

Oct 29, 2017

Well, for league with no flex, you're giving up your 3rd best receiver + 2nd best RB for what you believe to be a better RB, a bench RB who could have value (TBD) and an upside receiver. So if you really like MVS and really want Ingram, do it. But the hidden cost of this trade is dropping a player - I would drop Burton as TE depth doesn't get you much.

Would I rather have Mack/DJ Moore? Yes, but come Week 1 all bets are off. We don't know if AP plays over Guice, or if MVS has a solid role, or if DJ Moore and Mack are 100+ yards/game. You're losing the deal on paper - if you're taking back more players you are generally losing - but it really depends on how much you like or hate the players involved. I mean in theory, you win, if you think Ingram is better than Mack because it improves your starting lineup.

Consensus right now is concern that Lindsay will descend back to earth and that Royce will improve, and basically that for the draft pick Royce was the better move. But still entirely possible Lindsay is the only good player. Theo Riddick is on IR so I guess it's the same RB squad as last year. Personally, I think it's worth the hold for a week or two, depending on how the Flacco offense works out.

Thanks for the reply. We are in a flex league, barber is currently in my flex. Does that change much?

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Thanks for the reply. We are in a flex league, barber is currently in my flex. Does that change much?

Well, it does in that Moore probably has more flex value than Barber. But you have Drake and Breida so AP is an alright lottery ticket. So I'd still say take it if you feel it improves your starting lineup. But it's a gamble either way.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017

16 team league, you definitely pick him up.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
He may be the most talented in the receiver in the league right now, but the additional baggage/drama isn't worth it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm not sure whether any Raider is worth investing in while the Gruden circus is in town.

Amari Cooper went from being a disappointment to having an immediate impact when he was traded to Dallas. That's one of the reasons I was down on AB, because I still remember how frustrating Raiders Amari was to own.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust any Raiders wide receiver fantasy-wise. I still have fresh memories of getting burnt by Randy Moss when he signed there. Then they just had Jordy Nelson and Amari being under-utilized.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Those who use ESPN, have any of you had issues with duplicate players being drafted for this year?

We've had our league running for about 10 years now, and never had any issue like this before, and I was wondering if there was something in the settings that they added for this year that got turned on, and messed it all up somewhere?

I've looked through the settings a couple of times already, but I've yet to actually figure out where the issue might be, as it's not readily apparent.

It's mad strange, because we have teams that are going to play each other now, and they'll have like the same players on parts of their lineups going up against each other, so while it's too late for this season, I need to make sure to prevent this next season, since like I said, this has never happened before.

Edit: Looks like it's fixed now, must've been a super weird glitch yesterday when I viewed it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Those who use ESPN, have any of you had issues with duplicate players being drafted for this year?

We've had our league running for about 10 years now, and never had any issue like this before, and I was wondering if there was something in the settings that they added for this year that got turned on, and messed it all up somewhere?

I've looked through the settings a couple of times already, but I've yet to actually figure out where the issue might be, as it's not readily apparent.

It's mad strange, because we have teams that are going to play each other now, and they'll have like the same players on parts of their lineups going up against each other, so while it's too late for this season, I need to make sure to prevent this next season, since like I said, this has never happened before.
Wait, so some players were drafted twice, but not all? I'm not even sure how that happens?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so some players were drafted twice, but not all? I'm not even sure how that happens?
Looks like it's fixed now when I just checked now, but yesterday when I checked, everything was completely messed up.

Basically, we had two teams that had Baker Mayfield, two teams that had Lamar Jackson, two teams that had Tom Brady, and then three teams that had AB.

It was all sorts of fucked up.

I'm glad it fixed itself though, but man, a day before opening day and I saw that, I was like, fuck....

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Looks like it's fixed now when I just checked now, but yesterday when I checked, everything was completely messed up.

Basically, we had two teams that had Baker Mayfield, two teams that had Lamar Jackson, two teams that had Tom Brady, and then three teams that had AB.

It was all sorts of fucked up.

I'm glad it fixed itself though, but man, a day before opening day and I saw that, I was like, fuck....

But the owners didn't actually draft them, they were just displayed incorrectly? Weird. Probably due to some traffic/server problem with everyone getting their drafts in late. I couldn't even switch between my yahoo teams to view them yesterday.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
But the owners didn't actually draft them, they were just displayed incorrectly? Weird. Probably due to some traffic/server problem with everyone getting their drafts in late. I couldn't even switch between my yahoo teams to view them yesterday.
Yeah, I assume it wasn't drafted that way.

I'm usually just worried about my team, and the team I'm against for that week, and neither of us had duplicate players, so I didn't think much of it.

But when I looked around a bit, it seemed people had duplicate players even though they shouldn't have.

True though, it is basically opening day today, so yesterday was probably slammed pretty hard.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Damn I really regret passing on Zeke with pick #4 (went for Hopkins instead). After drafting Bell last year I just didn't want to mess around with another holdout but lo and behold he got a deal done, and now I have to play against him this week.

It wrecked my RB situation. Good at WR with Hopkins and Keenan Allen, and am set with Kelce at TE, but my best RB is.....Mark Ingram. I really need that Chicago rookie Montgomery to blow up or I'm screwed. I did get Ekeler and was excited to hopefully have him for a few games while Gordon holds out, but their coach said it'll be a timeshare between Ekeler and Jackson. Will be on the prowl for a RB on the waiver wire for sure.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Damn I really regret passing on Zeke with pick #4 (went for Hopkins instead). After drafting Bell last year I just didn't want to mess around with another holdout but lo and behold he got a deal done, and now I have to play against him this week.

It wrecked my RB situation. Good at WR with Hopkins and Keenan Allen, and am set with Kelce at TE, but my best RB is.....Mark Ingram. I really need that Chicago rookie Montgomery to blow up or I'm screwed. I did get Ekeler and was excited to hopefully have him for a few games while Gordon holds out, but their coach said it'll be a timeshare between Ekeler and Jackson. Will be on the prowl for a RB on the waiver wire for sure.

I drafted like at 7 or 8 and so all the top running backs were gone, but similar to you I went WR/WR (Hopkins was still available so I nabbed him, then Mike Evans), but because of that I felt like I couldn't go TE like I presume you did. And even picking RB there, I'm not all that appy (I also have Ingram but I drafted Kerryon the pick before).

In another league I autodrafted by mistake and I don't even have a decent RB2.

Lots of rookie RBs available this year, though, so we'll see who comes through.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
rosterfantasy2019.png

Thoughts? Obviously better at WR than RB, wanted Guice for my #3 but someone snatched him from me, might try to move some assets for him at a later point
And second question, do I start Aaron Rodgers tonight or Kirk Cousins against Atlanta?

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
rosterfantasy2019.png

Thoughts? Obviously better at WR than RB, wanted Guice for my #3 but someone snatched him from me, might try to move some assets for him at a later point
And second question, do I start Aaron Rodgers tonight or Kirk Cousins against Atlanta?
I would drop Reed and Cousins for RB/WR. Not that high on Kirk so I would still play Rodgers over him.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017

Montgomery is gonna make Cohen sit on the bench

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

lmao this is exactly my situation to the letter and I also went with Montgomery!

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
rosterfantasy2019.png

Good team

I would drop Reed. Maybe Stash Waller (Raiders TE). I would go with Rodgers.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
rosterfantasy2019.png

you spent a high draft pick (round 3? 4?) for rodgers so you use him. Even if it's a "bad match up", you still use him. As others have said, drop cousins and pick up a skill position player (even if they're not a starter)

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who would you guys play? (PPR)

QB: Roethlisberger
RB1: James Conner
RB2: ?
WR1: Davante Adams
WR2: Amari Cooper
Flex: ?
TE: V McDonald

Bench
Tyler Lockett
Tyler Boyd
Corey Davis
James Washington
DeSean Jackson
Damien Williams
Phillip Lindsay
Marlon Mack
Darrell Henderson
Kyler Murray

I'm leaning towards Lindsay and Boyd but can't commit.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Who would you guys play? (PPR)

QB: Roethlisberger
RB1: James Conner
RB2: ?
WR1: Davante Adams
WR2: Amari Cooper
Flex: ?
TE: V McDonald

Bench
Tyler Lockett
Tyler Boyd
Corey Davis
James Washington
DeSean Jackson
Damien Williams
Phillip Lindsay
Marlon Mack
Darrell Henderson
Kyler Murray

I'm leaning towards Lindsay and Boyd but can't commit.

Locket for sure would work in
I'd go Damien Williams. Still think he will get enough touches to produce but Chiefs backfield is confusing.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Do I drop Kyler for Russel Wilson? PPR. 12 Team. 5 Bench spots.

I really want to see what Kyler does, but Wilson got dropped today and hes the safer bet...

Bench: C. Ridley, R. Anderson, M. Brieda, R. Penny, G. Allison