• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Jacobs. I'd go with the seemingly guaranteed volume. Montgomery and Murray I'd wait and see what their workload looks like and roll with the safe play. This is a me thing, it's nice having Monday players in your pocket.

I'd cancel that trade personally. I'm not big on Cohen this year. Had him last year and he was solid, but could be wildly inconsistent (1 point in championship game for me...). Gordon has far higher upside then Cohen so feel like you're losing this one if you consider Conner and Hopkins even.

Thanks for the input. Only reason I'm considering it is cause of the other backs I have. I think K Johnson and J Jacobs will have huge years

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Any trades I should look into in my 12 man, PPR league?

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Lamar Jackson
RB: Joe Mixon, Mark Ingram, Matt Breida, Gio Bernard, Adrian Peterson
WR: Davante Adams, Amari Cooper, Robbie Anderson, Corey Davis, Adam Humphries
TE: David Njoku
D: Bears, Jets
K: Jake Elliot

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017

You'll probably need to wait until the season starts, but I would try and trade one of your QBs for an upgrade at TE or another RB. You should also drop the Jets week 2 and get a RB/WR

grang

Nov 13, 2017

Tough without seeing where other teams have need, but you look pretty solid. Once we see where Cooper, Anderson, and Davis are settling in ranking-wise , you could probably combine one of them with Ingram or Breida for an upgrade for your RB2 or WR2. Maybe if a team is particularly QB needy and Jackson has a good couple weeks you could ship him off for a 1 on 1 trade.

EJS

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You'll probably need to wait until the season starts, but I would try and trade one of your QBs for an upgrade at TE or another RB. You should also drop the Jets week 2 and get a RB/WR
Lamar is probably going to be traded. I think the Rodgers to Adams combo in PPR will be too good.

You're right, I am dropping the Jets D after Week 1.

I like my RB's a bit but I might try and get a pass catching one.

EJS

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tough without seeing where other teams have need, but you look pretty solid. Once we see where Cooper, Anderson, and Davis are settling in ranking-wise , you could probably combine one of them with Ingram or Breida for an upgrade for your RB2 or WR2. Maybe if a team is particularly QB needy and Jackson has a good couple weeks you could ship him off for a 1 on 1 trade.
Yeah, I like my squad this year. I feel good about guys like Mixon and Cooper and Anderson. Ingram isn't going to be sexy but I know he will be consistent. I've also heard from San Fran fans that Breida looks really good this summer.

Jackson could be the ticket. I am very much ready to deal him and grab Sam Darnold off the waiver.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

whew, glad someone took him in the 3rd round so I didn't have to think about him. could still end up in a solid situation though

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Lamar is probably going to be traded. I think the Rodgers to Adams combo in PPR will be too good.

You're right, I am dropping the Jets D after Week 1.

I like my RB's a bit but I might try and get a pass catching one.
This is more about depth. Right now you have 2 RBs I would start and a guy I would be willing to flex, an injury there and you would be in trouble.

Jackson could be the ticket. I am very much ready to deal him and grab Sam Darnold off the waiver.
Don't roster 2 QBs. If you're able to trade one, don't add another.

Oct 25, 2017
In a 10 team I got

Julio Jones
Davante Adams
Kerryon Johnson
Derrick Henry
Chris Carson
Mark Ingram
Jared Cook
Corey Davis
James Washington
Mecole Hardman
Jared Goff
Philip Rivers
Anthony Miller
Jacksonville
Mason Crosby

Feel pretty good about it. Adams was there at pick 13 and I couldn't pass on him

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Alright everyone's keepers are in, with the 3rd pick after the keeper round, I'll have my choice / who's left of:

Zeke, Julio, Tyreek, Juju... almost certainly will be one of the WRs unless they are scared off by a potential holdout. I think I'd order it Zeke, Julio, Juju, Tyreek.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Actually pretty thrilled with how that went. 12 team, 0.5 PPR

QB: Phillip Rivers
RB: Leveon Bell, Ezekiel Elliott, Damien Williams, Chris Thompson, Darrell Henderson
WR: Tyler Lockett, Stefon Diggs, Will Fuller, Robby Anderson, AJ Green
TE: Austin Hooper
DST: KC Chiefs
K: Harrison Butker

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
Here is my team in my first league (second league drafts tomorrow)
12 team league half PPR. Have to start 3WR. I had the second selection. My top 3 picks in order were, McCaffrey, Evans, Gurley. So wanted to get a top 3 TE, but it wasn't meant to be. Made sure to grab Cook though before things got ugly. At a decent position too. Think maybe the 6th pick. Took a flyer on Murray (Kyler I mean). Pretty deep too. Surprised nobody else did.

offense-brehs.jpg

other-crap.jpg

Last edited:

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
12 team league half PPR. Have to start 3WR. I had the second selection. My top 3 picks in order were, McCaffrey, Evans, Gurley. So wanted to get a top 3 TE, but it wasn't meant to be. Made sure to grab Cook though before things got ugly. At a decent position too. Think maybe the 6th pick. Took a flyer on Murray (Kyler I mean). Pretty deep too. Surprised nobody else did.

Why did you cut and paste my lineup? ;)

Seriously though I have a lot of Winston stock and a league where I own him + Murray. Maybe one doesn't work out but I think it's a good ticket pairing of offense first teams.

Oct 27, 2018
My now longest running league implemented a keeper last season, but goes by ESPN rules where it's just the keeper round first then the draft. My previous longest league which was cancelled last year was 8 years running with a 3 keeper system and we would send out a spreadsheet with who was being kept in which round, and everyone was great about following it. I miss that so bad. Right now, everyone just treats it like it was the first round of the draft because why wouldn't you? Like I have Bell on my team who was my keeper last year, and I have Kittle who I picked up after week 1. I honestly would rather have Kittle, but doing so would just gift Bell to another team that is likely already keeping an RB1 or WR1. MEH I just miss the old system where you were rewarded for a savvy draft pick or pickup.
That new method sounds dumb. I'm glad my league is Yahoo, where the keepers are automatically drafted in whichever round they were picked up last season. Presumably with some wizardry from the GM.

real2

Jan 31, 2019

offense-brehs.jpg

other-crap.jpg

some people will disagree, but if it's a 1QB league, i'd only have one on my roster unless it was an exceptionally big league. Personally I find Winston has some decent/good games, but then he'll have games where he completely shits the bed and will most likely lose your week. That being said, I don't watch college so I don't know what Murray's skillset is like. I don't know how well he will do this year considering how bad the cardinals offensive line is.

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll drop Pollard to fill my TE slot on Sunday 😅. Waiting to see if Zeke tweaks a hamstring or something since he has been out of camp all year.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Well shit. Was hoping Zeke wouldn't sign for a while so that I could build some value for Pollard. But now I have a RB1, and basically a Flex RB at best since I took a gamble and drafted Gordon. Now I'm probably going to look for someone to trade me a RB2 and I'm willing to give up Mahomes. That, or I'm going to wait to see if a free agent RB breaks out soon.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Had #1 overall pick and went with DJ. Keepers were Davante, Diggs and Kendricks, Flowers.

Kinda went YOLO with Kyler Murray because why not? Top QBs not available anyway. Decent draft I think. CBS gave me a B+.

dqwdwi2jiu.png

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Was glad that the Zeke bull was resolved early today, never took him out of my line up as I had faith though I had Pollard on the bench ready. It's a dynasty league so I've been pining to get rid of Pollard and snatch up a rookie I've been eyeing on the wire.

That new method sounds dumb. I'm glad my league is Yahoo, where the keepers are automatically drafted in whichever round they were picked up last season. Presumably with some wizardry from the GM.
Nope, that's normal and what I do on ESPN. I have no idea how the guy you responded to did it the way he did, don't even see that as an option on ESPN lol Maybe the commissioner isn't making sure everyone selects their keepers before the draft. If you don't, it messes with the draft order and would obviously dump all the none selected keepers back into the draft pool. Otherwise that's just bizarre.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
12 team league, PPR

QB: Goff
RB: Mixon, Jacobs, Drake, Lindsay, Henderson
WR: Hopkins (somehow he lasted til 7), Diggs, Shephard, C. Kirk, Marvin Jones
TE: Kittle, Reed (rd 14)
DEF: Ravens
K: Badgley

Super thin at RB, again. Already trying to move Lindsay + Jones for a better RB.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
12 team league, PPR

QB: Goff
RB: Mixon, Jacobs, Drake, Lindsay, Henderson
WR: Hopkins (somehow he lasted til 7), Diggs, Shephard, C. Kirk, Marvin Jones
TE: Kittle, Reed (rd 14)
DEF: Ravens
K: Badgley

Super thin at RB, again. Already trying to move Lindsay + Jones for a better RB.

personally i'd rather have a backup RB rostered instead of a second TE (especially as Reed gets injured all the time). The reason I say that is you most likely won't ever start him (unless Kittle were to go down) and even then, TE after the top 3 is pretty much a total shitshow

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
personally i'd rather have a backup RB rostered instead of a second TE (especially as Reed gets injured all the time). The reason I say that is you most likely won't ever start him (unless Kittle were to go down) and even then, TE after the top 3 is pretty much a total shitshow
I'm with you on that, but the RB market is BAAAAREEEE, haha.

I'm going to try and trade Reed to someone who needs a TE (only has Burton) and see if I can get a RB2/Flex type guy.

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
some people will disagree, but if it's a 1QB league, i'd only have one on my roster unless it was an exceptionally big league. Personally I find Winston has some decent/good games, but then he'll have games where he completely shits the bed and will most likely lose your week. That being said, I don't watch college so I don't know what Murray's skillset is like. I don't know how well he will do this year considering how bad the cardinals offensive line is.
Murray could end up having a great upside and by the time I drafted him it was really just weaker WR and RB that likely won't do much anyway. The fantasy gurus out there seem a lot higher on Winston than the public, so even though I remember what a debacle his last season was, and wouldn't have gone for him with my own feelings, I was convinced by the people in the know to take him (as pretty much the 12th QB taken in the draft).

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on this trade offer, Josh Gordon and Joe Mixon for Stefon Diggs and Derrius Guice?

If Gordon can stay clean he should be a solid play. Vikings only have a few weapons for WR. Cousins will get him the ball when open. Only issue is every year he sits out a game or two.

Mixon the backfield for the Bengals is just really him and Bernard. He is a solid RB.

Guice is a what if. My issue with the Skins they seem banged up the OL but Case will check it down a few times I assume.

If you have Gordon and Mixon. I would hold on to them.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
I was not hyped with my auction draft last night. Spent too much on Kelce. Someone tell me it'll be ok.

QB - Derek Carr
RB - Alvin Kamara
RB - Christian McCaffrey
WR - Cole Beasley
WR - Trey Quinn
FLEX - Jimmy Graham
TE - Travis Kelce
D - Seahawks
K - Brett Maher

Bench - Anthony Miller (WR - Chi)
Bench - Chris Thompson (RB - Wash)
Bench - Dwayne Haskins (QB - Wash)
Bench - Mike Davis (RB - Chi)
Bench - DeVante Parker (WR - Mia)
Bench - Quincy Enunwa (WR - NYJ)
Bench - Terry McLaurin (WR - Wash)

real2

Jan 31, 2019
I'm with you on that, but the RB market is BAAAAREEEE, haha.

I'm going to try and trade Reed to someone who needs a TE (only has Burton) and see if I can get a RB2/Flex type guy.

depending on how big your league is, while it's a total shitshow, guys like j jackson, justice hill, the 1st round(?) rb for the bucs at least have some potential value

Murray could end up having a great upside and by the time I drafted him it was really just weaker WR and RB that likely won't do much anyway. The fantasy gurus out there seem a lot higher on Winston than the public, so even though I remember what a debacle his last season was, and wouldn't have gone for him with my own feelings, I was convinced by the people in the know to take him (as pretty much the 12th QB taken in the draft).

it was just a suggestion since RB (outside of TE-which after the consensus top 3 is a total shitshow) is completely scarce and they tend to get injured often

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doing two drafts today starting in a little over an hour. One is a Vampire league and the other is a auction draft.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
10-team 1 point ppr. Not really liking NE vs Pittsburgh, should I scuttle someone? Or ride it out?

QB: Lamar Jackson
RB: Christian McCaffery, Devontae Freeman, David Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray,
WR: Odell Beckham Jr., Mike Evans, Tyler Lockett, Marques Valdes Scantling
TE: Jared Cook, Delanie Walker
Flex: (rb/we/te)
Def: New England
K: Robbie Gould

grang

Nov 13, 2017
10-team 1 point ppr. Not really liking NE vs Pittsburgh, should I scuttle someone? Or ride it out?

QB: Lamar Jackson
RB: Christian McCaffery, Devontae Freeman, David Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray,
WR: Odell Beckham Jr., Mike Evans, Tyler Lockett, Marques Valdes Scantling
TE: Jared Cook, Delanie Walker
Flex: (rb/we/te)
Def: New England
K: Robbie Gould
I'm rolling with NE for the first week cause I don't want to drop anyone and after week 1, their schedule is tentatively really promising for like 5-6 weeks.

Spiderz

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the world telling me to sit Julio this week? Are members of my league planting stories to try and trick me?

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
Should I start trey burton over ebron? Even though burton is still listed as questionable for tomorrow

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
it was just a suggestion since RB (outside of TE-which after the consensus top 3 is a total shitshow) is completely scarce and they tend to get injured often
For sure. I think if you look at my RBs though I got that pretty covered. 5 guys. Even if 2 go down at once I could still field 2 and use the 3rd as a flex. Had I gotten a QB that was top 6 or so I wouldn't have even bothered grabbing a second QB, but in a way you could say that my starting QB spot was a weak spot (potentially) so my thought process was "let's see how Murray does. Grabbing him in the 3rd last round. Why not?"

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I'm rolling with NE for the first week cause I don't want to drop anyone and after week 1, their schedule is tentatively really promising for like 5-6 weeks.
Exactly why I drafted them. When you play the bills, dolphins and jets (better than the other two but still) twice, that's not a bad slate. Haha.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
12 team, PPR league

1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1FLEX

QB: Jared Goff, Tom Brady
WR: Stefon Diggs, Kenny Golladay, Allen Robinson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mohamed Sanu, Tyrell Williams
RB: David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Matt Breida, Damien Harris, LeSean McCoy
TE: Evan Engram
K: Jake Elliott
DST: Texans

I feel good about everything but my RB depth. Should I try and con someone out of a RB2-3 with some of these WRs?

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
12 team, PPR league

1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1FLEX

QB: Jared Goff, Tom Brady
WR: Stefon Diggs, Kenny Golladay, Allen Robinson, Larry Fitzgerald, Mohamed Sanu, Tyrell Williams
RB: David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Matt Breida, Damien Harris, LeSean McCoy
TE: Evan Engram
K: Jake Elliott
DST: Texans

I feel good about everything but my RB depth. Should I try and con someone out of a RB2-3 with some of these WRs?
You should drop brady and add a RB

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
My draft is tonight. After years of pulling last pick out of a hat (seriously, I kept pulling last), I got first.

I need all of your energy, and some advice.

Who should I pick?!

It's a 10 person league, with half PPR.
Teams are QB, 2 WRs, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TWE), 1 DST, 1 Kicker.

Thanks ahead of time. Hell, I'll even name my team after resetera if this goes well.

We'll be able to all live vicariously through my team.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Have a trade quandary, 14 team 1/2 ppr league, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, flex.

My relevant roster is:
RB: Cook, Cohen, R Freeman, Pollard, Justin Jackson, Thompson, Mattison
WRs: Beckham, Diggs, Westbrook (return yards), Pettis, T. Smith.

By the Ekeler (but not Gordon) owner, I got offered his Ekeler and Chark (throwaway) for my Westbrook and Pettis. Would really thin out my WR core but solidify RB.

I think I might be able to get Ekeler for Westbrook straight up (guy loves Dede and was mad when I took him). Think that's worth doing in my position?

Doing two drafts today starting in a little over an hour. One is a Vampire league and the other is a auction draft.

What's a vampire league?

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
What's a vampire league?
One player doesn't draft and assemlbes a team through FA after the draft. The leauge goes on as normal but everytime the Vampire wins a game he gets to swap one of his starters for the team he just beat. Some variables from there like some leagues don't allow free agency or waiver claims afterwards.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Have a trade quandary, 14 team 1/2 ppr league, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, flex.

My relevant roster is:
RB: Cook, Cohen, R Freeman, Pollard, Justin Jackson, Thompson, Mattison
WRs: Beckham, Diggs, Westbrook (return yards), Pettis, T. Smith.

By the Ekeler (but not Gordon) owner, I got offered his Ekeler and Chark (throwaway) for my Westbrook and Pettis. Would really thin out my WR core but solidify RB.

I think I might be able to get Ekeler for Westbrook straight up (guy loves Dede and was mad when I took him). Think that's worth doing in my position?
Think the question is how much do you believe in Dede? I would do the Ekeler for Dede trade, but if you have to add Pettis I worry about your WR depth. What are the best options on the waiver?

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
My draft is tonight. After years of pulling last pick out of a hat (seriously, I kept pulling last), I got first.

I need all of your energy, and some advice.

Who should I pick?!

It's a 10 person league, with half PPR.
Teams are QB, 2 WRs, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TWE), 1 DST, 1 Kicker.

Thanks ahead of time. Hell, I'll even name my team after resetera if this goes well.

We'll be able to all live vicariously through my team.
Well it's hard to say too much as the flow of the draft always goes a little bit different each time, but since you are drafting first (and I'm assuming it's a snake draft) you should grab Saquon with your first pick. You will be picking consecutively in round 2 and 3 so see if Kelce or Kittle are available to grab (just one of them of course). I've never been one drafting a QB too high, so hold off if you can unless you get them at a really good value and try to fill out that starting lineup before grabbing a QB. But again, drafts are fluid so if suddenly it looks like all the QBs are getting drafted maybe join in on that. It's a 10 team league though so it's not like you are going to get anyone bad in the top QB anyways.

That's all that comes to mind really.

*edited for spelling*

Last edited:

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Think the question is how much do you believe in Dede? I would do the Ekeler for Dede trade, but if you have to add Pettis I worry about your WR depth. What are the best options on the waiver?

Pretty dire. Goodwin maybe the best, D. Thomas, Preston Williams, Renfrow, those types.

I'm really high on Westbrook and particularly in this scoring format. Thinking of riding it out. A little leery of getting too tied up in the Chargers backfield situation in case Gordon just reports and kills both Ekeler and Jackson's value. A bit scarred from investing heavily in Pollard and Darwin Thompson, though I'm holding on to both of those where I have them for the time being .