• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the immediate urge is to fade all Colts, but we've seen this rodeo before. Mack's ceiling went down but his floor went up, because Brissett is going to force this team to run like the Niners did last season. Hilton is still draftable, but takes a 1/3rd hit to his value. And I would think large statue guys like Ebron maintain value simply because the goal here is going to be "be tall enough to catch the ball".

Of course, ADP will take a huge hit, but that's a great door to get value from. Feel free to look at these guys at less, but if you're getting them a round (or more, depending on the player) earlier, that's a win. Both the 2017 Colts (Brissett) and 2018 Niners (Mullins) were 4-12 teams but they still had plenty of fantasy action. It won't be pretty, but we can't all draft from elite offenses every round...
Oh, I don't agree on mack

that team will be behind so much they won't be able to run the ball that much, and Mack really doesn't have a hold on 3rd down snaps. He'll still be playable and should put up rb2 numbers, but consistency will be very hard to get from him I think.

You're right on Hilton, his value takes a hit but he should still be on the lowe end WR2/WR3 range now. Can't agree with Ebron tho. His value came because of his TD upside and the Colts just went from a QB that could throw 40 TDs to a guy that will most likely be on the low 20s.

In the end, there is just so much more risk with the Colts players now that if I'm not getting a major discount, I'm not touching them.

Last edited:

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
Keeper league team I just drafted (David Johnson keeper). 12 team

Cam Newton
David Johnson
Damian Williams
Josh Jacobs
Kalen Ballage
Josh Jackson
DeAndre Hopkins
Robby Anderson
Josh Gordon
Christin Kirk
Coutland Sutton
Tre Burton
Broncos D
Kicker Carlson

I was a last minute replacement in the league, did half the draft via a webcam while I was at work 🤣 (in person draft). Waiting to see what happens with Cam before I worry about picking someone to backup.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Oh, I don't agree on mack
that team will be behind so much they won't be able to run the ball that much, and Mack really doesn't have a hold on 3rd down snaps. He'll still be playable and should put up rb2 numbers, but consistency will be very hard to get from him I think.

Where I disagree is from the Brissett numbers. They ran more, not because they were down, but because Brissett was not getting first downs. Pass-first is only an antidote if you have a gunslinger QB. If your QB is basically just a checkdown guy, you need a RB for the offense to work. Just look at the Niners numbers last year with Mullins, same basic principle.

I will agree on consistency, though

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
The Luck news is why I only do drafts that take place after preseason is over. I mean yeah that still could of happened then but it happened now.

Sometimes you just have to go for it. We draft tomorrow, but last year my luck was incredible: I drafted Le'veon Bell first pick (a risk, but fuck me, I thought it'd be a month's holdout at most), and the my third round pick was Jerick McKinnon... who tore his ACL and was out one day after our draft. A nightmare scenario. But at the same time, it was actually kinda satisfying to try to pull something from those ashes.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Draft was yesterday in my main money league, 9 years going strong. 4 2nd place finishes and no wins is a dick punch though.

Really liking my team this year though.

QB: D. Watson, C. Newton
RB: C. McCaffrey, K. Johnson, K. Drake, L. McCoy (picked him the 14th round... worth a flier)
WR: M. Evans, J. Edelman, C. Kupp, S. Watkins, T. Williams, K. Coutee
TE: A. Hooper, T. Burton
DST: Browns
K: R. Gould

If I'm weak anywhere I'd say TE, but overall thata a weak position anyway. What do you guys think?

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Draft was yesterday in my main money league, 9 years going strong. 4 2nd place finishes and no wins is a dick punch though.

Really liking my team this year though.

QB: D. Watson, C. Newton
RB: C. McCaffrey, K. Johnson, K. Drake, L. McCoy (picked him the 14th round... worth a flier)
WR: M. Evans, J. Edelman, C. Kupp, S. Watkins, T. Williams, K. Coutee
TE: A. Hooper, T. Burton
DST: Browns
K: R. Gould

If I'm weak anywhere I'd say TE, but overall thata a weak position anyway. What do you guys think?
I would drop a TE and maybe a WR to add some RB depth.

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing how well breida played yesterday I'm really regretting my tevin Coleman pick at the end of the third

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Would you suggest someone like Tony Pollard or Malcolm Brown? The wire is reeeeaaaallly ugly.
Yes, the Lamar Miller injury also opens up some new possibilities. You could add one of the Texans RBs like Damarea Crockett, Karan Higdon or guys they could bring in like Carlos Hyde, Jay Ajayi or Doug Martin. The good thing about those speculative adds is that as soon as the team makes the move, even if you miss it, you can drop these guys and add back other players.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
My team: 10 team hppr idp league

1 qb 2 rb 3 wr 1 te 1 k 3 idp

Qb. M Ryan
Rb. T Gurley, k Johnson, c carson, r freeman, k hunt
Wr. D hopkins, ty hilton (doh), aj green, a robinson, d westbrook, t williams
Te. D njoku
K. W lutz
Idp. R smith, d hunter, j adams

I was 6th pick. My keeper was going to be Andrew Luck, which was why I drafted Hilton in the 3rd. ah well.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The league I run! 14 teams, half PPR, 1QB 2WR 2RB 1TE 1 Flex, I had 13th pick.

QB: Goff
RB: Cook, Mixon, D Freeman, Justin Jackson, Mattison, Jamaal Williams
WR: Woods, DJ Moore, AJ Green, John Brown
TE: Vance Dance
K: Piniero (Go Bears!)
DEF: Broncos

Other than my plan to drop Jamaal for Mecole, I LIKE IT

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
My team: 10 team hppr idp league

1 qb 2 rb 3 wr 1 te 1 k 3 idp

Qb. M Ryan
Rb. T Gurley, k Johnson, c carson, r freeman, k hunt
Wr. D hopkins, ty hilton (doh), aj green, a robinson, d westbrook, t williams
Te. D njoku
K. W lutz
Idp. R smith, d hunter, j adams

I was 6th pick. My keeper was going to be Andrew Luck, which was why I drafted Hilton in the 3rd. ah well.
don't know much about IDP but this roster is looking solid, really nice rb/wr depth

damn, that's a very good roster for 14 teamer

Deleted member 12224

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
10 team auction, QB plus Superflex, 0.4 per catch.

Very pleased. Amari is the only guy I don't like in terms of real football, but the value was too good. I hope.

Only disappointment was targeting Darwin Thompson late but not having the bankroll to get to $4.

xjlFUpc_d.jpg

O7Xq7SV_d.jpg

Last edited:

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, a friend of mine is running a Yahoo NFL Fantasy Football Play or Die League (Season 6) and has multiple spots open on a first come/paid basis. It's a 16-team non-PPR redraft League, $90 buy-in, Top 4 get paid. If anyone is interested in joining just PM me or contact The Frankman on the NFL/XFL Era Discord. Draft Date is September 1st, 2 PM Eastern, 5 PM Pacific. Link to the official thread - https://slaent.com/thread/1706388/page/1/ Yahoo Link to League - https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/18397

I used to play in this league, I can vouch for the participants.

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot to tell one DOOZY of a story from Saturday in here. So, we have a league member who's name is Lucky. He is a Colts fan. (Hopefully that tells you where this is going.)

14 team draft, TY Hilton usually goes at the beginning of the 3rd, and this guy drafts at the 100 or 11 spot. TY starts to fall, and fall, and fall a little more. He stands up and yells "IS TY REALLY GONNA FALL TO ME???" And he does. So this guy ends up with David Johnson, Odell, and TY in three rounds at that spot.

Less than a minute passes, everyone's phones start going off. We check. Andrew Luck has retired. We got like 1 or 2 more picks in after TY, and Luck retired. I've never seen someone go from so excited to so dead in the eyes that quick LOL

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot to tell one DOOZY of a story from Saturday in here. So, we have a league member who's name is Lucky. He is a Colts fan. (Hopefully that tells you where this is going.)

14 team draft, TY Hilton usually goes at the beginning of the 3rd, and this guy drafts at the 100 or 11 spot. TY starts to fall, and fall, and fall a little more. He stands up and yells "IS TY REALLY GONNA FALL TO ME???" And he does. So this guy ends up with David Johnson, Odell, and TY in three rounds at that spot.

Less than a minute passes, everyone's phones start going off. We check. Andrew Luck has retired. We got like 1 or 2 more picks in after TY, and Luck retired. I've never seen someone go from so excited to so dead in the eyes that quick LOL

honestly it'll probably be fine. I mean, someone has to catch passes in Indy right

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Landed #1 pick and still not sure what I'm going to do. 12 team keeper league and the locks go in tomorrow but obvious ones are out (Barkley, Elliott, Mccaffrey, Gurley, etc.)

Deleted member 12224

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I prefer Lockett which is counter to the consensus. It's close though. Probably a toss up
Lockett is much more likely to win you random weeks, including playoff games. Higher ceiling. If it's between those two, take the higher ceiling and make up for any concerns about a lower floor with other picks.

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I ended up trading Jamaal to get James Washington here. Would you guys trade anyone to get Gio in case Mixon goes down?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
If ya'll are setting your FF rules, it's pretty late, but last season we did 0.5 PPR and 0.5 point-per-first-down, and it's great. I'd recommend it.

I did it after an article on the RInger last year went thru the affects, and it was solid. Doesn't shake things up too much but adds a good amount of value, 2-3 points a game, to bellcow backs who don't get goal line touches. I should break down our top 100 v. normal PPR top 100, they were mostly similar but with a few changes.

Deleted member 12224

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If ya'll are setting your FF rules, it's pretty late, but last season we did 0.5 PPR and 0.5 point-per-first-down, and it's great. I'd recommend it.

I did it after an article on the RInger last year went thru the affects, and it was solid.
Is that on ESPN? I've been wanting to award points for first downs for years.

Otherwise, that Ringer article felt like they observed the league I set up 9 years ago and copied all my settings. Kickers are stupid, superflex is the way to implement two QBs, etc.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017

I did it after an article on the RInger last year went thru the affects, and it was solid. Doesn't shake things up too much but adds a good amount of value, 2-3 points a game, to bellcow backs who don't get goal line touches. I should break down our top 100 v. normal PPR top 100, they were mostly similar but with a few changes.
The problem with first downs is that it doesn't show up on box scores.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that hasn't been keeping up with football news at all who are the big names I need to avoid for my draft this weekend?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
We're going to transition our league to an auction league next season. Has anybody does that for a league with keepers? We have 1 keeper, so not much, and the keeper penalty is you lose the round he was drafted in from the previous season (with some other additional sub rules). Anybosy have recommendations for doing a keeper with an auction style?

Is that on ESPN? I've been wanting to award points for first downs for years.

Otherwise, that Ringer article felt like they observed the league I set up 9 years ago and copied all my settings. Kickers are stupid, superflex is the way to implement two QBs, etc.

It's a scoring option in Yahoo and I don't know if ESPN allows it... I'd lean towards no because ESPN has sucked (or at least, it used to suck).

Yeah, I love their recommendations for Superflex or at least two QB. I still love kickers for the same reason Danny Kelly does, it's an element of chaos.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that hasn't been keeping up with football news at all who are the big names I need to avoid for my draft this weekend?

For big names people are avoiding / letting drop this season:

- Antonio Brown
- AJ Green
- LeSean McCoy
- Melvin Gordon

But... one persons pass list is another person's value list. If Antonio Brown drops to you in the ... 3rd round... it's tough to pass up on it. Same, if Melvin Gordon drops to you in the 3rd round is hard to pass on him. Green is out a few weeks with an ankle injury and Cincinatti continues to be boring so.. eh, he's going around pick #80 these days, so mid 6th for most. McCoy is going in the 8th, 9th, 10th rounds.

If you miss out on Travis Kelce, Kittle, or Ertz, you're best off just kinda waiting for a while until a TE drops to you. For QB, unless you want Mahomes or DeShaun Watson it's best to just wait it out... You have guy slike Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Kirk Cousins, and others going undrafted in a lot of leagues or just going very late, so may as well wait it out and get value there.

Best approach is just to go to FantasyPros and check the ADP consensus.

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
For big names people are avoiding / letting drop this season:

- Antonio Brown
- AJ Green
- LeSean McCoy
- Melvin Gordon

But... one persons pass list is another person's value list. If Antonio Brown drops to you in the ... 3rd round... it's tough to pass up on it. Same, if Melvin Gordon drops to you in the 3rd round is hard to pass on him. Green is out a few weeks with an ankle injury and Cincinatti continues to be boring so.. eh, he's going around pick #80 these days, so mid 6th for most. McCoy is going in the 8th, 9th, 10th rounds.

If you miss out on Travis Kelce, Kittle, or Ertz, you're best off just kinda waiting for a while until a TE drops to you. For QB, unless you want Mahomes or DeShaun Watson it's best to just wait it out... You have guy slike Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Kirk Cousins, and others going undrafted in a lot of leagues or just going very late, so may as well wait it out and get value there.

Best approach is just to go to FantasyPros and check the ADP consensus.
Thanks man

A guy took Bell first overall in my league last year and don't want to repeat his mistake haha

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh I picked kelce #7 in a draft tonight because top 4 backs and Hopkins and Adams were gone, then bit a bullet with gurley. Fortunately I got diggs and Sony after that. Overall solid roster I just have a bad feeling gurley is going to barely play with that knee/arthritis.

So it goes

Kelce
Gurley
Diggs
Sony
Landry
Russell Wilson
Corey Davis
Chris Thompson
Kyler Murray
Kyle Rudolph
Desean Jackson
Justice Hill
Meyers K
Denver D

Justice Hill I think is a huge sleeper pick. Gonna be the #1 back who can catch too in Baltimore.

I honestly think I got huge value in the later rounds but I'm not sure on my gurley and Davis picks.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I just overspent in my auction league on WRs and am now trapped playing Seattle's and Washington's RB each week.

*prays to the heavens that the 'Skins can run the ball*

Will have to be aggressive on the waiver wire the first couple of weeks.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I think per usual, my biggest issue will be picking my RB2 weekly.

Saquon Barkley is obviously my RB1 but then for my RB2, it's these guys

• Josh Jacobs
  • David Montgomery
  • Latavius Murray
  • Rashaad Penny
Currently I have Jacobs in but I'm tempted to use Montgomery or Murray but I need to see their Week 1 usage.

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
I think per usual, my biggest issue will be picking my RB2 weekly.

Saquon Barkley is obviously my RB1 but then for my RB2, it's these guys

• Josh Jacobs
  • David Montgomery
  • Latavius Murray
  • Rashaad Penny
Currently I have Jacobs in but I'm tempted to use Montgomery or Murray but I need to see their Week 1 usage.
Hard to argue anyone but Jacobs week 1 because you know the carries at least will be there

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I picked kelce #7 in a draft tonight because top 4 backs and Hopkins and Adams were gone, then bit a bullet with gurley. Fortunately I got diggs and Sony after that. Overall solid roster I just have a bad feeling gurley is going to barely play with that knee/arthritis.

So it goes

Kelce
Gurley
Diggs
Sony
Landry
Russell Wilson
Corey Davis
Chris Thompson
Kyler Murray
Kyle Rudolph
Desean Jackson
Justice Hill
Meyers K
Denver D

Justice Hill I think is a huge sleeper pick. Gonna be the #1 back who can catch too in Baltimore.

I honestly think I got huge value in the later rounds but I'm not sure on my gurley and Davis picks.
You should not roster 2 TEs, especially when you already have Kelce. I would drop him for some RB depth

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should not roster 2 TEs, especially when you already have Kelce. I would drop him for some RB depth

There were not any starting rbs left or really even handcuffs by the time I drafted rudolph. I'm cool with rostering 4 rbs for now. If there is someone worth grabbing on waivers sure or maybe I set up a trade. 14 team league so RB is very thin.

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did a stupid draft last night with 7 guys from my other leagues. 8 teams, 4 flex, 1 superflex, 5pt passing TDs, .1 per completion, .1 per rush attempt, PPR, bonuses for big plays/games lol. Came out at 1 with

QB: Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers, Carr
RB: Barkley, Damien Williams, Cohen, Darwin Thompson, Henderson, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels
WR: Julio, Michael Thomas, KennyG, Lockett, Fuller, Tate
TE: Engram, Henry

The best part is we went full crazy and sorted available players by alphabetical instead of ADP/rankings LOL

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Drafted in a 12 team PPR league last night and I really dislike my team. I picked fourth, so Kamara, Saquon and CMC were gone. I didn't want to risk Zeke...

QB: Phil Rivers

RB1: Josh Jacobs
RB2: Mark Ingram

WR1: DeAndre Hopkins
Wr2: Mike Evans

TE: Hunter Henry

Flex: DJ Moore
Flex: David Montgomery

K: Justin Tucker

Def: Jags

Bench:

Kareem Hunt