• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So I am in a 10 team PPR league that heavily favors RBs and running QBs. I pick 8th. I know for a fact that Mahomes will be off the board and it's a good possibility that Rodgers will be too.

Should I take a chance on a top tier QB? Or should I go RB and then RB to make sure I get two high tier RBs?

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
So I am in a 10 team PPR league that heavily favors RBs and running QBs. I pick 8th. I know for a fact that Mahomes will be off the board and it's a good possibility that Rodgers will be too.

Should I take a chance on a top tier QB? Or should I go RB and then RB to make sure I get two high tier RBs?

Why take a qb early? You can easily get Goff and pair him up with one of the 3 wideouts from the rams at a much later round. Reap the rewards of tacos that reach for qbs early.

Also every draft goes running back heavy in the early rounds.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Why take a qb early? You can easily get Goff and pair him up with one of the 3 wideouts from the rams at a much later round. Reap the rewards of tacos that reach for qbs early.

Also every draft goes running back heavy in the early rounds.
I know that's why I usually go RB+RB but I was playing with the idea of going RB+QB/WR depending on who was available.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017

What's heavily favors? Like the league favors these players or there are odd scoring implications?

I'd go RB/RB or RB/WR combo. Maybe Kelce if want to lock up TE.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What's heavily favors? Like the league favors these players or there are odd scoring implications?

I'd go RB/RB or RB/WR combo. Maybe Kelce if want to lock up TE.
Yeah in terms of scoring is what I mean. The top player in terms of overall points was Mahomes by quite alot. A top tier QB is the equivalent of a top WR or RB.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah in terms of scoring is what I mean. The top player in terms of overall points was Mahomes by quite alot. A top tier QB is the equivalent of a top WR or RB.
You gotta let us know the scoring, what kind of bonuses you're talking about and etc. Mahomes was the #1 overall player in standard scoring too, that doesn't mean he should be taken with a top pick.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You gotta let us know the scoring, what kind of bonuses you're talking about and etc. Mahomes was the #1 overall player in standard scoring too, that doesn't mean he should be taken with a top pick.
I don't have the scoring in front of me. I'll have to grab it next time I log into the fantasy site.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I got offered OBJ, Kerryon and a 2nd for Saquan in a keeper league and I am awfully tempted. This is driving me nuts lol

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Took Gurley at 11, then OBJ, but then got Tevin Coleman later, my RB situation is very tenuous lol

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I'd probably do it. Not sure who is available in the 2nd round of this keeper but that could push it more in your favor.

Was thinking Josh Jacobs or David Montgommery at 2.05, which would essentially mean Saquan for OBJ, Josh Jacobs and Kerryon in a 5 player keeper. They should be there because most picks are locked up by people keeping players.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone doing Superflex leagues (QB/WR/RB/TE)? Where are you picking QBs on average?

It's been all over the place from the few places I've seen. Mahomes is usually going in the 1st and then a couple more per round.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Went big on the rookie running backs for depth in my ten team PPR league. I got David Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Darwin Thompson, and Alexander Mattison.

And none of those are starting because I also have Saquon and Dalvin Cook lol

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone doing Superflex leagues (QB/WR/RB/TE)? Where are you picking QBs on average?

It's been all over the place from the few places I've seen. Mahomes is usually going in the 1st and then a couple more per round.
Those are most draft dependent tbh. And while I still don't like taking a QB early, I'll target at least one in the mid-rounds or join the run on qbs when it happens.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
hey everyone. I'm totally new to NFL (Australian) and don't have any idea how fantasy NFL works. I'm in a 10person cash league and my draft is tomorrow. It's ESPN. Can anybody give me a quick cheat sheet of the guys I should try to draft, and when to take them? I think I'm Pick 8 in the first round. I'm pretty desperate lol. I've read up on the main fantasy websites but I'm after a helping hand to guide me in the right direction personally (aka spoonfeed me). Thanks in advance

Andokuky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm in two big money leagues, one 12 team half point PPR the other a 10 team standard and I have pick 5 in both and I fucking hate pick five this year. The drop from Zeke/Alvin/Barkley/CM to guys like DJ and Gurley and Chubb just seems too large to spend a 5th pick on but it really seems like I should draft a RB. I'd much rather draft later where 0 RB makes sense.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
hey everyone. I'm totally new to NFL (Australian) and don't have any idea how fantasy NFL works. I'm in a 10person cash league and my draft is tomorrow. It's ESPN. Can anybody give me a quick cheat sheet of the guys I should try to draft, and when to take them? I think I'm Pick 8 in the first round. I'm pretty desperate lol. I've read up on the main fantasy websites but I'm after a helping hand to guide me in the right direction personally (aka spoonfeed me). Thanks in advance

important things to remember: 1) don't draft a QB early. 2) draft only 1 QB/TE/K/DEF and load your bench with RB/WR

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Man as I posted earlier in this thread, Duke was gonna be my sleeper reach pick in every league. No more I guess.

Really really awful for Miller, what a player.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 FADE ALL COLTS 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Lmao Mack was the other RB I was determined to get in every league. Nooooope.

Overall this is just...really bad for the league and the sport as a whole. Luck when healthy was one of the most exciting QBs to watch. It's hard to believe this is actually happening.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Luck news is why I only do drafts that take place after preseason is over. I mean yeah that still could of happened then but it happened now.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I drafted Ebron in one of my sleeper leagues like an hour before the news broke.

Ya'll think I should stick with Josh Allen? QBs on the waiver

Cousins
Trubisky
Murray
Rivers

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This is why it's always smart to wait until after the 3rd preseason game to draft a team. Never understood those who draft in competitive money leagues as soon as the registration opens.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I'm sure the immediate urge is to fade all Colts, but we've seen this rodeo before. Mack's ceiling went down but his floor went up, because Brissett is going to force this team to run like the Niners did last season. Hilton is still draftable, but takes a 1/3rd hit to his value. And I would think large statue guys like Ebron maintain value simply because the goal here is going to be "be tall enough to catch the ball".

Of course, ADP will take a huge hit, but that's a great door to get value from. Feel free to look at these guys at less, but if you're getting them a round (or more, depending on the player) earlier, that's a win. Both the 2017 Colts (Brissett) and 2018 Niners (Mullins) were 4-12 teams but they still had plenty of fantasy action. It won't be pretty, but we can't all draft from elite offenses every round...