• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
A recent bit of fan art from spdrmnkyxxiii on Instagram depicts Toeby McGuire as what is commonly called "The Last Stand" Spider-Man

This is the Spider-Man of Earth-312500. He had killed Kraven the Hunter and was on the run from the NYPD.
latest

After encountering 616 Peter he faces off against law enforcement and seemingly shot and killed.

I have to say, I am not a huge fan of Tobey's Spider-Man but I really like this.

As a bonus the artist did Andrew Garfield as Symbiote Spider-Man

This actually brings up an interesting point about these returns in Spider-Man 3. You can show then in these kind of situations. They don't have to just be the exact same Spideys we last saw, they are further down their timeline so can be going through so different stuff.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This actually brings up an interesting point about these returns in Spider-Man 3. You can show then in these kind of situations. They don't have to just be the exact same Spideys we last saw, they are further down their timeline so can be going through so different stuff.

I saw a video (I think was captain midnight?) that wanted the villain of the movie to be Garfield as a Superior Spider-Man kind of deal

edit: also, i love how the artist watermarks his work =D

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I always loved the brief glimpses we got of the Last Stand timeline and would be so into this idea

OP
OP
deimosmasque

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I saw a video (I think was captain midnight?) that wanted the villain of the movie to be Garfield as a Superior Spider-Man kind of deal

edit: also, i love how the artist watermarks his work =D
I... Kinda love that.

Especially with having Doc Ock in the movie as well it leads to good character stuff.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Andrew Garfield would fit much more as Last Stand Spidey.

I'd rather see Tobey Peter and Kirsten Dunst M.J. be happily married and have a daughter they named after Aunt May.

mj5hbz6.jpg

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Disney going the grimdark route. I doubt we'll see anything like that, as cool as it would be. We'll get funny quipping spider-men instead who beat the big bad in a multidimensional dance battle.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
One of them should go full-on with the method acting and hit us with the Earth X Spider-man.

35c41a01cc49d52a3772a6d82b120e69.jpg

maspajamas

Jan 1, 2020
The money I would pay for that sick, sick jacket. Edgy Toby would be an interesting take for the actor though.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Everytime someone spells Maguire as McGuire it adds another year until the landlord fixes the damn door

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see Disney going the grimdark route. I doubt we'll see anything like that, as cool as it would be. We'll get funny quipping spider-men instead who beat the big bad in a multidimensional dance battle.

It's fucking Spider-Man. They're supposed to be funny and do quips. Without the jokes he's just Daredevil.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Wait are they actually making a live action Spiderverse type movie?!
Yeah, multiverse with previous spiderman and villains having guest roles. Rumored to be a tie in with the upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, directed by... Sam Raimi.
Also connects in some way with the Disney+ show Wandavision that airs in january.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, multiverse with previous spiderman and villains having guest roles. Rumored to be a tie in with the upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, directed by... Sam Raimi.
Also connects in some way with the Disney+ show Wandavision that airs in january.
But why? I'm just surprised. Was it because Spiderverse did well? Are Lord and Miller involved or had some influence?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Can't help but wonder if Wanda somehow damages the multiverse trying to get Vision back and this starts causing all kinds of bleeding across the universe which Doctor Strange has to somehow fix.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Wait he was on the run from the police but still dresses as Spiderman? Does he think they'll be fooled if he puts a flap on the front?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
gross, no thanks. I love Maguire and I have nothing against edgy superheroes. But it would be really disappointing to bring da gawd back and strip away his endearing charm.