• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody recognizes me.

tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I once met this guy Mike who was a fan of mine, well we kidnapped him from a golf course, but it was all because space aliens decided to invade and take over the Earth unless we could beat them in a basketball game.
He was a pretty cool guy, but his friend Wayne was a total sycophant, like literally would fetch the dude whatever on command. But he later got flattened by the aliens, so that worked out

Oh yeah, and Bill Murray was there too

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At my grandpa's funeral people kept coming up to me and saying they remembered me when I was a baby, but I had no idea who any of them were, so you could say I'm pretty famous

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I was approached by a fan at a grocery store once. He told me how cool it was to meet me in person, but he didn't wanted to be a douche and bother me and ask me for photos or anything.
I said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
He was taken aback, and all he could say was "Huh?" but i kept cutting him off, going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing my hand shut in front of his face.

dabs furiously

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I too get tired of breathing the same air as the serfs and commoners

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, met a fan by the name of BronsonLee at a garage sale, and now he has a restraining order.

Deleted member 8683

User requested account closure
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not famous but sometimes get looks or nods of recognition to which I most often just nod back and carry on. Sometimes it's from people I've barely met, like we might work in the same building and recognise eachother, but on semi-rare occasions it happens and I have no clue who that person was.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've had some people come up to me like "Are you [my name]?" but that's at art conferences so it's not really unexpected. Still does feel kinda neat though

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
My wife posts a lot on instagram and has like a billion friends, she's one of those people who friends everyone she kind of knows and posts *a lot* multiple times a day, and we have a newborn baby, and I've had two recent encounters where someone said to me...

"Oh! Are you [Daughter's name]'s father??"

And I'm like "... wtf...?" And sometimes it takes a few minutes for them to explain how they "know" me.

Once a the supermarket, once at a coffee place.

Oct 27, 2017
Not famous but people out in the real world confuse me with Geoff Tate all the time. And I'm like "It's just an avatar, guys."

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I was on a tv program 16 years ago called world famous for dicking around. It was basically a Scottish version of jackass. The guys who made the show came to my student apartments and wanted put into the tumble drier but they were too fat so i stepped up and went inside and they switched it on. For about 3 months afterwards i got recognised when I was out and folks used to buy me drinks. It was awesome.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I was in a local band that was around for 3 or 4 years in the early 2000s. We only had like 40 or 50 fans at the most and I never got recognized anywhere around town.

Fast forward 15 years when I was in Maine for a wedding. I got recognized by someone in the party. The first and only time a "fan" knew who I was.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
One time I was pissing at a urinal and a guy started pissing at the urinal next to me and he was like "Yo aren't you [My little sister]'s brother?" And i was like "Yeah" and He was like "You're good at track and field right?" and then I left as fast as possible.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i was shopping at walmart once, and someone noticed that i was in black & white so they came up to me and asked "hey aren't you mona from resetera?"

Hassel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assumption that forum chumps are famous?
Anime avatar?

Nothing to see hear. move along.

Oct 27, 2017
I still get random people in online games who recognize my name (not the same as on Era) and ask me if I'm the same guy who makes game remixes on YouTube and OC Remix

Actually, when I was in basic training in the air Force one of my co trainees found out who I was and asked the look on his face was priceless. And I'm a complete nobody who hasn't come out with new music in years.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I was approached by a fan at a grocery store once. He told me how cool it was to meet me in person, but he didn't wanted to be a douche and bother me and ask me for photos or anything.
He was taken aback, and all he could say was "Huh?" but i kept cutting him off, going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing my hand shut in front of his face.

Underrated post.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Although I don't think of myself as famous, I met a fan in a zoo last year. It went well. They asked for a selfie and for me to sign their tote bag. He was a nice chap.

It wasn't too unusual as it was the day after the Pokémon World Championships, I've been recognised in various supermarkets etc. before, but they aren't zoos.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't call myself famous but I get recognized fairly often by politicians because I write for the local newspaper. Nothing weird has happened but an article of mine was misquoted once and I had to clarify.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017

I try to "Like" this.

Why can't I "Like" this.

Post of the thread.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not famous but I ran a dance party in NYC for over a decade. One time I was flying from NYC to PDX on a night flight and waiting to take off. The stewardess walked by and said "excuse me, do you DJ at xxx ?" I told her that I did and she said she'd been a bunch of times and loves it. Then she said "what do you drink? I'm going to get you so drunk on this flight!" She proceeded to slide me little bottles of Jack for the flight, so my seatmate and I shared them until we both passed out :D

Bengraven