• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Yggdra Union: We’ll Never Fight Alone coming to Switch on March 5 in Japan

Sting will release Yggdra Union: We’ll Never Fight Alone for Switch via the Nintendo eShop in Japan on March 5 for 1,800 yen, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

YES!!! After Sting announced they were bringing the game to mobile last year, I was hoping for a Switch port, and now it's happening! Very curious who will localize it. Atlus brought over the GBA and PSP versions, will they do the same on Switch?

Can we please get remasters of Evolution 1 and 2 (and whatever was added in Worlds) on Switch? Please? Thanks.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Fucking hell I haven't heard that name in a long long time. Is it the version with voice acting and the scythe character? Definitely in if it gets localised. Would also not mind Riviera too

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus brought over the GBA and PSP versions, will they do the same on Switch?

I don't think Atlus West does non-Atlus / Sega localizations anymore unfortunately. At least they haven't done so in a few years now I believe.

Unfortunately, like Class of Heroes for Switch, I have a feeling this one also won't be leaving Japan. The smartphone version has been out for almost a year in Japan and has no English language option, despite one being available via Atlus.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Atlus West does non-Atlus / Sega localizations anymore unfortunately. At least they haven't done so in a few years now.

Unfortunately, like Class of Heroes for Switch, I have a feeling this one also won't be leaving Japan. The smartphone version has been out for almost a year in Japan and has no English language option, despite one being available via Atlus.
Yeah I was remembering Class of Heroes Anniversary still being unlocalized.

Maybe NISA could pick them up, or Dispatch Games who are doing Radirgy Swag.

Barrylocke

Oct 25, 2017
Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare were so GOOD! And I liked what little I played of Gungnir. Riviera was cute and had great music but I wish the item system was less restrictive, it discouraged using the stranger items in the game unless you used the grinding mode.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Wow nice. Would be cool to see it localized, but I doubt it yeah.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would love to get this in a Dept. Heaven collection for Switch. I'm weirdly in the mood for some Riviera.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Dispatch is a shitshow that's been on the brink of collapse since it opened, you wouldn't want them to touch any games you care about.
They have been really bad at getting stuff on shelves, agreed. Took them long enough to get Psyvariar Delta out... it did come out right?

UFO Interactive is more active again, they could work hopefully.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I don't think Atlus West does non-Atlus / Sega localizations anymore unfortunately. At least they haven't done so in a few years now I believe.

Well that mobile port was published by Sting themselves. It would be up to Atlus to publish an English version themselves. Which I doubt they would bother with being a mobile port. Now a console release? I could see Atlus or someone else bringing that out west.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017

The localization's essentially done though. If Atlus doesn't then hopefully Sting could selfpublish using the old script.

Atlus USA still is doing indie partnerships (Rock of Ages 2, Sol Seraph, Citizens of Space, etc) at least so maybe there's hope.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Woooow - havent thought a bout that game in a long time. Brings back memories of my PSP Go.

Really hope they localize it to the U.S.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
While the GBA games by these guys are super fun, the thing I remember most is how shocked I was at the amount of voice acting for Riviera.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
BTW we have the trailer and JP eShop page:

www.gematsu.com

Yggdra Union: We’ll Never Fight Alone for Switch debut trailer, screenshots

Sting has released the debut trailer and screenshots for the newly announced Switch version of Yggdra Union: We’ll Never Fight Alone, which is due out via the Nintendo eShop on March 5 in Japan for…

ec.nintendo.com

YGGDRA UNION ユグドラ・ユニオン ダウンロード版

任天堂の公式オンラインストア。「YGGDRA UNION ユグドラ・ユニオン ダウンロード版」の販売ページ。マイニンテンドーストアではNintendo Switch(スイッチ)やゲームソフト、ストア限定、オリジナルの商品を販売しています。

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I want this in English. And all the other sting titles. I only ever played a smidge of Riviera on the GBA, but their games look like my shit, I just never got them.

SanAndreasX

May 9, 2018
We're getting a lot of blasts from the past here. I missed out on Yggdra Union during its first release, might have to look into this one if it ever comes out in English.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any point in playing if you can't read Japanese? I know plenty of Japanese games you can get by with a guide or making intuitive decisions, but not so sure about a tactics game.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Is this a sign that Sting are making a comeback? Baroque next, please (both the original cult classic and the remake)!

They make the Utawarerumono series nowadays right?

I used to be so into the Dept. Heaven series of games.

Knights in the Nightmare was excellent. Gungnir was so underrated. And I really liked Yggdra Union, was sad at the time we never got Blaze Union or Yggdra Unison (DS game). Atlus USA were so good back then for releasing all these obscure Japanese games on DS and PSP.

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
I was watching a youtube let's play of the PSP version the other day and stumbled on this! I reallly hope it comes west but I am not positive on it at the moment... I have both the PSP and GBA versions and once you figure out the somewhat obtuse mechanics, the game is a blast.