• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't notice Famitsu actually did the article in English: https://s.famitsu.com/news/201809/11163862.html

5b977d86a1d7b.jpg

Too Kyo Games is a new game company lead by 7 creators listed as follows:

Director / Scenario writer
Kazutaka Kodaka
Representative works: "Danganronpa" series

Composer / Arranger
Masafumi Takada
Representative works: "Danganronpa" series and "100 Sleeping Princes and the Kingdom of Dreams"

Character designer / Illustrator
Rui Komatsuzaki
Representative works: "Danganronpa" series and "Fate/Grand Order"

Novelist / Scenario writer
Yoichiro Koizumi
Representative works: "Brake-kun core" and "Zettati Zetsubo Hagakure"

Illustrator / Character designer
Shimadoriru
Representative works: "Danganronpa" series and "Fate/Grand Order"

Takumi Nakazawa
Representative works: "Ever17" and "Root Double: Before Crime * After Days"

Kotaro Uchikoshi
Representative works: "Ever17" and "ZERO ESCAPE"

Kodaka said they would like to make new IP and indie games themselves.

Mr. Kodaka said "The object of this company is to do something new, which is the creation of a new IP commonly known all over the world and in a future we will make indie games by ourselves. This new company enables us to move freely towards the goal."

Four projects are underway:

Project #1

5b977d435a471.jpg

A video game that all creators of Too Kyo Games will concentrate their abilities on. The genre has not revealed yet. Mr. Kodaka and Mr. Uchikoshi will make the scenario together

Project #2
5b977d4348367.jpg

An anime in collaboration with Studio Pierrot. The original author is Mr. Kodaka and the character designer is Mr. Komatsuzaki. They will depict the image of action films in the 1990s such as "Pulp Fiction" and "The Professional"

Project #3
5b977d4351fa1.jpg

An action adventure game by Mr. Kodaka as a general manager, Mr. Uchikoshi as a scenario writer and Mr. Nakazawa as a director. The concept art drawn by Mr. Take (Illustrator. Representative works: "Tawagoto") represents school children playing death game. It is very shocking.

Project #4
5b977d4356209.jpg

Collaboration of the dev team of "Danganronpa" and Spike Chunsoft. Mr. Kodaka actually started this project before his retirement of Spike Chunsoft. We imagine a kind of cyberpunk world from this art. Mr. Komatsuzaki designs the characters, Mr. Shimadoriru designs background and Mr. Takada directs the sounds.

Last edited:

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I hope this doesn't end like Remember 11 (?)

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I want all four of them and I want all the merchandise associated with them I am in I am fully 110% in.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they really assembled a dream team. The idea of Uchikoshi and Nakazawa working together again alone sounds really exciting. Same with the Uchikoshi x Kodaka project.

Can't wait to find out more!

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Oh wow, that seems like a loss of several talented people for Spike Chunsoft.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for all 4 projects.

The character designs for the anime and the second game (The children's death game) are so good.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I'm happy to see that some of the Danganronpa team is moving to different projects, V3 was good but it lacked more interesting crime investigation IMO.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, that seems like a loss of several talented people for Spike Chunsoft.

Doesn't this sound very similar to when NIS lost a lot of talent and then began to rely on the money NISA made localizing other companies' games? Spike Chunsoft might be relying on the money made by the western branch localizing SC/5pb titles soon enough.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Kodaka doing something different.

All 4 projects sound great lol I'm in

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
*look at Danganronpa 3 Anime and Zero Time Dilemma*

Well I will only be moderately hyped.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Seems like a very good mix of talent. Hopefully more care will be put into these games than whatever was given to Zero Time Dilemma, I still can't bring myself to finishing that game.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyberpunk game is done in cooperation with Spike Chunsoft, but they describe themselfs as Indie.
Many Indie developers still get Publishers to help them out. I just saw the 4th project is Spike Chunsoft, will be interesting to see if they get different publishing partners for the other games or if they just self-publish and only release digitally/limited physical.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Projects 1 and 4 seem the most interesting to me. The combination of a cyberpunk setting and Masafumi Takada as composer is too good to pass up.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what this means for Danganronpa.

Anyways, after V3 and ZTD, it's certainly not the lead names that are going to attract me to their projects. Looks intriguing, all the same.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the loss of Komatsuzaki impacts the continuation of Danganronpa more than anything else at face value. It's not DR if it doesn't have that look!

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly i think the next Danganronpa game should be a complete reboot - separate from 1,2,V3. Hell i am not sure if they should call it Danganronpa. Just have the similar class trial structure. Trying to make a sequel to V3 especially without Kodaka will not work.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I didn't know Uchikoshi was involved in this, whhhaaatttt.

Awesome, I'm interested in all of these of course.
And now we wait for substantial details.