• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Team Sonic Racing staying so winning it breaks the score barrier threshold

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic gives a pleasing feeling to drive a car

The difficulty of the game suggests pro players may enjoy this game

There are many customization options for your car, such as paint or shoes

I found myself tapping my feet to the music and also the screeching sounds of racing

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
If we convert Sonic Mania's score to this new scale it's an 8/10.
So if Team Racing got a 34... Damn, that's really good. Congrats to Sega, Sonic redeemed.

Sep 28, 2018
I remember when Famitsu used to be the gold standard of reviews... Now I wouldn't be surprised if they take bribes.

Anyway, I expect Team Sonic Racing to be of the same quality as Transformed so I'll be picking it up for sure.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Famitsu gives high scores for anything. I wouldn't use them as any form of barometer. They gave Anthem a 32/40.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm more surprised by the 32/40 for Sonic Mania. That is one I could not possibly disagree more with.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great news. So good to see confirmation that it is better than Mania.

Sonic is back.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Would have received a better score if they had included the Love Live Sega Girls.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Still not sure on needing the Ai to go well so you could go well.

But then again I will never understand the Nintendogs salt on these threads =P

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No doubt TSR will be a fun and challenging game. Just release it already Sega!!

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
TIL that Famitsu thought Forces was better than Mania.

... not really gonna pay much attention to their review scores.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
100% chance all this doubt in Famitsu, justified or not, would be glowing praise if Crash had gotten the same score already.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu scores don't mean a whole lot but I'm hoping this game will be good. Transformed was one of the top 3 kart racers ever imho, but I'm having mixed feelings about this sequel of sorts.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Wasn't there a time in the 90's when Famitsu giving you a good review meant your game was basically God Tier? IIRC Mario 64 was the first game to get a perfect score from them, and the (UK at least) gaming media flipping out. I'm sure I didn't imagine that... what the hell happened?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu's honest and true scores prove that this is not only better than Transformed, not only better than Mario Kart 8, but also game of the generation and possibly our lifetimes. Everyone apologize. Now.