• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I had a 4 Star Rating. Does something special happen like a new Scene when you have a better rating? Or is it always a comment from Hitomi?
The girl varies depending on the star rating. I got comments from one of the unnamed schoolgirls you meet outside the school.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I miss the games already lol, will probably replay.

An AA-like sequel (5 cases in one game) would be so awesome.

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished the second game. Is there anything extra if you get the highest rating? Also for anyone that played The Missing Heir second is there an easter egg for
calling the bar
? I don't have a save file close enough to attempt it myself.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The girl varies depending on the star rating. I got comments from one of the unnamed schoolgirls you meet outside the school.

I got berated by the french girl.

FInished the girl was who stands behind last night. I enjoyed it A LOT more than the missing heir. Also I don't think you should play the girl who stands behind first over the missing heir since the missing heir.

The girl who stands behind is a lot better because you have more interactions with supporting characters overall and the story twist wasn't as obvious. Also you can get different ending screens based on your choices so there's some replay value as well. The gameplay is also improved.

Really hope we get the third game, even though it's supposed to be short.

ChaosSaga

Oct 25, 2017
Around Hyrule
Finish The girl who stands behind.

Can't say which one I like better, I just know that I want MOAR.

Holy shiet to good the production values.

Got 15/20 and an Ayumi ending. is it good?

I'm totaly in the Ship mode for the protag + Ayumi.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
In the original fantranslation...

An obligatory scene deducted 5 hearts from your total with no way to get them back, making the highest score a 15/20 without using debug mode or a cheat device. I always thought this was a bug introduced by the fan patch but it's apparently a design choice?

The unused 20/20 dialogue is Ayumi just stopping short of confessing if I remember right

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Question:
If Urabe didn't actually help Kaneda with his swindling, what was that part of his phone call/confession letter all about? And did they explain how Urabe killed Shinobu with his car but then Hayama still saw her at the window? Hibino hit her with the vase or whatever but she was already dead…
Did the localization explain this better, or was it just kind of left open-ended?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Question:
If Urabe didn't actually help Kaneda with his swindling, what was that part of his phone call/confession letter all about? And did they explain how Urabe killed Shinobu with his car but then Hayama still saw her at the window? Hibino hit her with the vase or whatever but she was already dead…
Did the localization explain this better, or was it just kind of left open-ended?
Urabe tried to take the fall for Hibino because Hibino is his actual son. His confession was made up.

As for how Shinobu managed to stand at the window, there are apparent, possibly supernatural elements never explained. Like how Kojima knew so much about the case, and how she was acting so strange for the week prior to her death, like she was possessed by her cousin.

In the original fantranslation...

An obligatory scene deducted 5 hearts from your total with no way to get them back, making the highest score a 15/20 without using debug mode or a cheat device. I always thought this was a bug introduced by the fan patch but it's apparently a design choice?

The unused 20/20 dialogue is Ayumi just stopping short of confessing if I remember right
Huh. In that case, I got as good a score as is possible. Maybe the devs ultimately figured they didn't want a perfect score with Ayumi to be possible?

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Just finished Missing Heir, good stuff! I mostly had things figured out, although not quite everything. My one question:
What ever happened to Yukiko? When the protagonist and Kazuto were talking on the cliff top at the end of the game I really expected Yukiko to show up, but she never did

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
Just finished Missing Heir, good stuff! I mostly had things figured out, although not quite everything. My one question:
What ever happened to Yukiko? When the protagonist and Kazuto were talking on the cliff top at the end of the game I really expected Yukiko to show up, but she never did
We can only assume they met off screen. He did make a promise to return to see her this year (in-game) after all. And presumably he's the head of the Ayashiro family now.

oneroom

Dec 26, 2020
I found an interview with Yoshio Sakamoto and Makoto Asada in the book that came with the Japanese collector's edition, and it seems that Sakamoto had very little to do with the third game (BS Detective Club).
Reading the interview with Makoto Asada, he seems to be open to making more famicom Detective Club titles, so I'm hoping for a remake of the third one.

Last edited:

Zero-Crescent

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone find any Easter Eggs using the phone? The only ones I've found so far are:
119 - The equivalent of 911; you get chastised for calling in without an emergency.
*16 (TGWSB) - Calls Kanda Deli, apparently Utsugi Detective Agency loves to order lunch specials from them

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday I've finished The Missing Heir. What a ride that was! Loved the charming and crystal clear presentation. The game feels like a playable Ghibli anime. Over my playtime I somehow felt I'm part of this world also thanks to the fact that in fact I am the protagonist for real and thus named him after me. There are so many lovely, charming characters in it and at the end I was not only sad because of the storys outcome, but also because I had to leave Myoujin Village and those characters behind. I've also loved the Famicom easter-egg in the storage room :)

Most of you guys seem to already have predicted the outcome of the story well in advance, but (luckily) not me :D While I anticipated certain things or facts (like the circumstances around Jiros death), I didn't saw the outcome of the story. Oh boy and all those things hit me hard also in part because I can somehow relate to many of the protagonists circumstances. Great writing! Can't believe this is basically a NES game from 1988! I think I've never saw corpses in a Nintendo game like this let alone heavy topics like suicide... or read a character saying "little shit" nor some of those mild sexual behaviors like i.e. Kamada or Heikichi demonstrate or all the smoking in this game. They are for sure a testament for their time and zeitgeist thus seem a bit unappropriate nowadays, but that is why it surprised me even more to see them in a Nintendo game.

I said it once in this thread and I repeat: This game demonstrates how Nintendo is perfectly able to create content for (young) adults while still maintaining its family friendly image even though it contains some disturbing images and topics, it never exaggerates anything of it. I wish Nintendo would give us lifelong Nintendo fans (and parents) more games like this. Games like FDC, Eternal Darkness, Metroid etc. pp. As much as I love my AC, Pokémon, Mario and Zelda this game made me even more realize that I desperately want and need more fleshed out games in terms of story, characters and depth like FDC in between. Especially from Nintendo itself.

Can't wait to dive into TGWSB!

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Oh, I remembered another fun easter egg:

When you're in the red light district and asking the catcaller about Ayumi, he says "we've got a Rei and an Asuka, but no one by that name." It's doubly fun because the protag is voiced by Shinji's VA, Megumi Ogata.

Oct 27, 2017
I found an interview with Yoshio Sakamoto and Makoto Asada in the book that came with the Japanese collector's edition, and it seems that Sakamoto had very little to do with the third game (BS Detective Club).
Reading the interview with Makoto Asada, he seems to be open to making more NES Detective Club titles, so I'm hoping for a remake of the third one.
It was assumed Sakamoto had only a supervising role for BS Tantei Club since he wasn't credited as director and it was made by another team (Special Planning & Development from R&D2 instead of R&D1), but nice to have a confirmation.

Do you have a link to the interview?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone find any Easter Eggs using the phone? The only ones I've found so far are:
119 - The equivalent of 911; you get chastised for calling in without an emergency.
*16 (TGWSB) - Calls Kanda Deli, apparently Utsugi Detective Agency loves to order lunch specials from them
If you enter the bar's phone number from TGWSB in the phone in The Missing Heir, you'll get a brief message from the bartender.

It was funny because I beat The Missing Heir first and in the voice actor credits, it had "Bartender" listed, and was scratching my head wondering who that was because there was no bartender in the game.

Edit: Also, I just received an official survey request from Nintendo about The Missing Heir in my email, and promptly filled it out. (Asking for all the important things like a remake of the third game, a continuation of the series after that, an English release for Buddy Mission: BOND, and continuations of the Trace Memory/Hotel Dusk games~) Be on the lookout in your inboxes!

Last edited:

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

A good few Japanese service numbers will give at least some kind of message. Not especially "easter egg"-y, but it's a cute detail.

100 calls the operator and you ask for help on the current issue. Like "Oh, you've lost your memory? Please hold..." before hanging up.
117 calls the time service, which tells you to get a watch. Really could've used something a little more helpful when I was waiting for it to be about 5 PM...
177 calls the weather service. This message actually changes depending on the upcoming weather a bit, so that's cute.

I believe 110 also calls the police. I tried a few other numbers, but while the game recognized them they would just give a busy signal.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished The Missing Heir and I liked it a lot. Since I play a lot of point and click adventure games I'm used to the brute force method of try everything on everything so I wasn't bothered by the menu navigation.

Even after finishing it, I'm still struggling to believe that these games exist. I think I'm going to wait a bit before picking up the second game just so I actually have a Nintendo game to look forward to. I doubt we'll be getting games like these again from Nintendo any time soon unless they port the DS Cing games.

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished the Missing Heir! I got really addicted to it starting at Ch.8 and wanted to finish the whole thing. For a game made in 1988, this has a lot better plot than most games I've played, including same Ace Attorney games. I'm looking forward to playing the second game at some point.

In my head, I thought that Kazuto was Kanda, and for some reason never suspected Amachi until you get the shirt and suddenly it clicked that both Amachi and Kanda were on a business trip at the same time....

I admit I didn't think the protag was the Missing Heir until much later and was a great surprise! I also didn't expect Akira to just be a horrible person. Sadly we never really figure out what happened to the guy to make him go from sweet innocent kid to loose cannon. I definitely would've liked to see Zenzou's reaction to the protag being Yuri's child. He had gone through so much that you'd want to see him have a little joy.

Some questions though:
1. How did Kanda find the protagonist and know he was the heir? He only saw the birthmark later. Did he just methodically track him down like Kazuto did? Also I guess Kiku never told anyone but Genshin about Kanda being the son of the parents who committed suicide b/c of Ayashiro?
2. So was all the villager hub-bub about Kiku being revived just their imagination? Like Kanda and Akira look nothing like an old lady and I don't feel like they explained whether they did anything to be more "Kiku" like.
3. Why did it take Kazuto so long to get his law degree? He receives a letter from Yuri around the time of the fire right? Isn't it 16-17 years later???
4. What was with the change in perspectives on certain characters after some chapter? Ayumi went from distant in uniform to close wearing pink shirt. You started sitting closer to Kumada & Genshin, etc.
5. Did Kumada have any relation to Yuri or even interact with her? Or did he just like her despite probably being a lot older because she was super pretty? I guess that was explained by him suddenly looking for another pretty woman (Yukiko)?
6. So iirc, the order of death was Kiku killed by Akira, Akira killed by Kanda, Kanji killed by Kanda, Jiro killed by Kanda and finally Azusa killed by Kanda. I'm not sure why Azusa decided to blackmail Kanda instead of exposing him to the police. Being the only heir (except the missing Yuri / kid), she was going to get a lot of money that way. But yes the missing shoe was a pretty weird moment.... I was like "how do I check for a body now since clearly someone just died or is in serious trouble".

oneroom

Dec 26, 2020
In my head, I thought that Kazuto was Kanda, and for some reason never suspected Amachi until you get the shirt and suddenly it clicked that both Amachi and Kanda were on a business trip at the same time....

I admit I didn't think the protag was the Missing Heir until much later and was a great surprise! I also didn't expect Akira to just be a horrible person. Sadly we never really figure out what happened to the guy to make him go from sweet innocent kid to loose cannon. I definitely would've liked to see Zenzou's reaction to the protag being Yuri's child. He had gone through so much that you'd want to see him have a little joy.

Some questions though:
1. How did Kanda find the protagonist and know he was the heir? He only saw the birthmark later. Did he just methodically track him down like Kazuto did? Also I guess Kiku never told anyone but Genshin about Kanda being the son of the parents who committed suicide b/c of Ayashiro?
2. So was all the villager hub-bub about Kiku being revived just their imagination? Like Kanda and Akira look nothing like an old lady and I don't feel like they explained whether they did anything to be more "Kiku" like.
3. Why did it take Kazuto so long to get his law degree? He receives a letter from Yuri around the time of the fire right? Isn't it 16-17 years later???
4. What was with the change in perspectives on certain characters after some chapter? Ayumi went from distant in uniform to close wearing pink shirt. You started sitting closer to Kumada & Genshin, etc.
5. Did Kumada have any relation to Yuri or even interact with her? Or did he just like her despite probably being a lot older because she was super pretty? I guess that was explained by him suddenly looking for another pretty woman (Yukiko)?
6. So iirc, the order of death was Kiku killed by Akira, Akira killed by Kanda, Kanji killed by Kanda, Jiro killed by Kanda and finally Azusa killed by Kanda. I'm not sure why Azusa decided to blackmail Kanda instead of exposing him to the police. Being the only heir (except the missing Yuri / kid), she was going to get a lot of money that way. But yes the missing shoe was a pretty weird moment.... I was like "how do I check for a body now since clearly someone just died or is in serious trouble".

1) He said he found out about the main character in the process of researching about Yuri.
But I'm amazed at Kanda ability to gather information, even finding out that the main character who escaped from the orphanage was at the utsugi detective agency.
2) It was probably just my imagination. Even in TGWSB, people said that there were people who shouldn't be there. Sakamoto intentionally left a mystery.
3) He said that around the time Yuri became unhappy, his own mother also became ill.
Kazuto must have been working for a living, taking care of his mother, and studying for the bar exam in between.
This is probably why it took him so long to pass the exam.
5) When I repeatedly asked kumada about yuri, she said there was no relationship.
I guess she just liked him because he was super beautiful.
6) Perhaps azusa did not know that kanda had a grudge against ayashiro.
She thought kazuto was a murderer, so she might have thought kanda and kazuto were connected.

Last edited:

CoinStarDX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the Missing Heir! I got really addicted to it starting at Ch.8 and wanted to finish the whole thing. For a game made in 1988, this has a lot better plot than most games I've played, including same Ace Attorney games. I'm looking forward to playing the second game at some point.

Some questions though:
Number 4 is that you've reached the other side of the disc at that point. I imagine in the original game they changed the graphics on the second side/disc

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
1) He said he found out about the main character in the process of researching about Yuri.
But I'm amazed at Kanda ability to gather information, even finding out that the main character who escaped from the orphanage was at the utsugi detective agency.
2) It was probably just my imagination. Even in TGWSB, people said that there were people who shouldn't be there. Sakamoto intentionally left a mystery.
3) He said that around the time Yuri became unhappy, his own mother also became ill.
Kazuto must have been working for a living, taking care of his mother, and studying for the bar exam in between.
This is probably why it took him so long to pass the exam.
5) When I repeatedly asked kumada about yuri, she said there was no relationship.
I guess she just liked him because he was super beautiful.
6) Perhaps azusa did not know that kanda had a grudge against ayashiro.
She thought kazuto was a murderer, so she might have thought kanda and kazuto were connected.
interesting theories! Yeh I forgot about Kazuto taking care of his mom. Probably why he only started searching after she passed away.

Number 4 is that you've reached the other side of the disc at that point. I imagine in the original game they changed the graphics on the second side/disc

Ah that makes sense about the disc.

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished the Girl Who Stands Behind. My thoughts....

I have to say after loving the Missing Heir, this game was alright. I suspected Hibino and Urabe from the start whereas with the Missing Heir it took me a while to guess that ending. Hibino because of his age, and Urabe because everyone was praising him and they mentioned a 60 year old man near the river. I didn't quite guess that Urabe was covering for Hibino, but it just wasn't presented as well imo. Maybe because the choices were more straightforward, it also felt a lot shorter to me than the Missing Heir.

Overall I think the pacing was not great with TGWSB. Like you go down a false path with Tazaki until Ch. 6, and then kind of dawdle around until Ch. 10 or 11 where it just dumps everything on you. The fact that Urabe was Hibino's father could've been used to much greater effect. Imagine if Hibino found out that Urabe was his real father and was protecting him because of that. That would've been a possibly emotional scene.

Hibino's motivations were also not as believable for me. Like sure he killed father Kaneda, and I could see the son, but him going crazy to cover everything up? It... didn't quite sit right with me. Kanda in comparison was a pretty straightforward "I'm going to rip this family apart" because they resulted in his parents committing suicide.

The music was really good in this game though. Funnily enough, I loved the arranged versions, the FC versions were good, but I really wasn't a fan of the SFC music at all.

One thing that I really wish was added to these games is an epilogue like the Ace Attorney games, where every character (that is not the criminal) gets a few lines of dialogue to give them some sort of resolution.

Like, for example, what does Zenzou think of the protagonist being Yuri's child? Or what does Tazaki think of the principal now that he was revealed a co-conspirator in a string of murders? We don't get these kinds of scenes and it feels like a missed opportunity.

Totally agree.

Got through Missing Heir yesterday and Girl Who Stands Behind today. Loved both of them, though they do show their ages at points. Only needed to reference a guide once, for the same section mentioned by others. Would love for Ayumi's game to get remade and for more games to be made in this style in general. I think these two titles would definitely be great to recommend to people who are looking for something a bit more "grounded" compared to Ace Attorney, along with them not needing as much time to devote to them.

I will say that
Missing Heir in my opinion wraps up nicer than Girl Who Stands Behind.

The mirror not only being placed out in the hallway but lasting as long as it did in a school without getting cracked is the real school mystery.
Agreed on the 1st slight spoiler, and definitely on second spoiler.

Finished the game.

I nailed that, pretty much. Even got the different name thing, even if I got the exact name wrong. I think it's odd to have her be behind the mirror instead of in the old school building wall, but whatever. Also incredibly strange that they save the "Hot Principal was his father all along" thing for after the real adventure.

I really liked these games, though. Love the art style, love that they didn't sugar coat it at all. I didn't really look into them too much, to avoid spoilers, but I was surprised by how graphic it was. I do wish they'd made some 2021 centric quality of life improvements. It's frustrating to have to select the same talk option multiple times in a row in order to get all of the information out of them. And sometimes it feels like the only way to know what to do is try all of the options in all of the places until you stumble upon the correct order of operations to get the progress to unlock.

I hope they do well. Maybe they'll come out with more in the future.

Agreed Urabe actually being the father was strange to leave for the end.

Just finished The Girl Who Stands Behind. Finally I can view all spoilers in the thread! I'm almost a little ashamed to admit that the ending twist of Girl Who Stands actually kinda caught me.

My long-time working theory during Girl Who Stands was that Urabe was the culprit behind the murders. I pegged him almost immediately after he was introduced because he was giving me similar vibes to a certain other character in a position of power in a certain other crime-solving adventure game series, and I felt pretty sure of it as soon as more than one character commented on what a great and wonderful guy he was. I figured he killed Genjiro and Shinobu and hid the latter's body in the wall knowing that Tanzaki would unknowingly conceal the evidence by plastering the wall. For me it made the story pretty interesting to be knowingly going after a suspect that has taken so much time to win people over to his side that nearly everyone became hostile witnesses toward you for the mere suspicion.

...I knew as soon as his body was found in the office that that theory was ultimately wrong though. Seems like instead he's just a serial accessory. I don't necessarily dislike Hibino being the true culprit all along, and it explains a lot of his behavior throughout the rest of the game pretty well (the part where you corner him in the office and his veneer finally starts to crack was pretty satisfying, and telling), but in a way it also disappoints me when taken in conjunction with The Missing Heir that the culprit in both games more or less ends up being the first major character you encounter. To be honest that was part of why I wasn't as suspicious about him despite how suspiciously he acted, because like...they wouldn't pull that twist twice in a row, right? :P

I enjoyed the experience with both games overall, and I'd be happy to see more mysteries in this series if they decide to revive it with new entries or a remake of the third game as well, but they could definitely do a better job with providing hints to the player as to which points of inquiry they should be focusing on at certain times. The "think" option in Girl Who Stands would serve this purpose really well to provide some sort of subtle hinting to the player about what the protagonist is trying to get information about in any particular moment. Way too often you just get the "..." which is beyond unhelpful.
Interesting. Yeh I had a fairly similar theory with GWSB that it was Urabe or Hibino. I was surprised that Urabe wasn't the ultimate killer though.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished The Girl Who Stands Behind! It's just as great of a game as I remember it being.

The reveal of Hibino as the killer is amazing in this version! Loved it already in the Super Famicom remake, but this really took it to another level. The part where the player and Ayumi are cornered, with Hibino slowly walking towards you was so tense!

Great set of remakes. I'm so overjoyed I got to play both of these games in English officially! I hope that a remake of BS Detective Club, and even a brand new Detective Club game are in the cards!

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

When you're in the red light district and asking the catcaller about Ayumi, he says "we've got a Rei and an Asuka, but no one by that name." It's doubly fun because the protag is voiced by Shinji's VA, Megumi Ogata.
I noticed that, too. And I wonder if that's a new line as an in-joke or an incredible coincidence carried over from the earlier versions.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
If I'm remembering right, it was in the Super Famicom remake.

It's most likely not in the original Disk System version.

It was in the SNES remake at least.
That would make sense!

Just finished The Girl Who Stands Behind! It's just as great of a game as I remember it being.

The reveal of Hibino as the killer is amazing in this version! Loved it already in the Super Famicom remake, but this really took it to another level. The part where the player and Ayumi are cornered, with Hibino slowly walking towards you was so tense!

Great set of remakes. I'm so overjoyed I got to play both of these games in English officially! I hope that a remake of BS Detective Club, and even a brand new Detective Club game are in the cards!
That whole sequence is just fantastic in the remake. The devs really did incredible justice to the source material in this remake, and I really hope they redo the Satellaview game.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
That would make sense!

That whole sequence is just fantastic in the remake. The devs really did incredible justice to the source material in this remake, and I really hope they redo the Satellaview game.

I'm really hoping for a remake of the Satellaview game too! Would really be a dream come true.

The woman who voices Ayumi in this game is actually the same one who voiced her in the Satellaview game! So if Nintendo and Mages are up for more Detective Club, it's always possible!

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Though the Satellaview game is really short they could probably still make it work as a release if they also included a new adventure.

or go all-in and do a Satellaview Archives so we get all the unique Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, etc content in a package along with Detective Club. That would also be nice.

It's nice to dream.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Though the Satellaview game is really short they could probably still make it work as a release if they also included a new adventure.

or go all-in and do a Satellaview Archives so we get all the unique Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, etc content in a package along with Detective Club. That would also be nice.

It's nice to dream.

Both of those sound like great options to me! The first one might be easier to do though. :P

Maybe set it up to have the remake of BS Detective Club as the first part, then have the second part be a brand new case that ties into it somehow by the end.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet

It's nice to dream.
Nintendo actually did a full update of the Fire Emblem content for Satellaview in New Mystery of the Emblem. Still Japan-only though.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017

Right, I believe that one was added in the SFC remake.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Which of the two games did people prefer out of curiosity?
The Girl Who Stands Behind is definitely the better-playing game, though I enjoyed both mysteries about equally.

The shift to a first-person maze exploration section at the end of The Missing Heir was pretty cool, though.

ChaosSaga

Oct 25, 2017
Around Hyrule
Can't say which one I prefere.

The second has more refined gameplay, but the first has son interesting elements.

Story wise I like them booth, the production values being top notch does this for these games.

I just want more of these series :v

Zweisy1

Oct 30, 2017
Which of the two games did people prefer out of curiosity?

The second one is probably "better" but as I already played through the fan translation of the SFC version In 2004 or so and remembered the main story beats it was obviously more interesting to go through the Missing Heir. I did really enjoy another playthrough of TGWSB too though and it was great to see the impressive job the remake did with presenting that story. Both are definitely worth playing and pretty much my favourites of the Japanese adventure games even over AA and Danganronpa and such..

Any info on how these games sold in the west? I really hope Nintendo sees this as a worthwhile niche of games to put out even in US and Europe to round out their game library.

Oct 27, 2017
Might be difficult to figure out, given that the game is primarily digital. The only physical edition is the limited collectors edition.
Yeah, hopefully they'll talk about them during the investor meeting.

I really hope for Nintendo x Mages partnership to continue, Detective Club would be a perfect series to round their first party line-up.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, hopefully they'll talk about them during the investor meeting.

I really hope for Nintendo x Mages partnership to continue, Detective Club would be a perfect series to round their first party line-up.

It really would be! I hope that they keep working together too.

I know the person who pushed for these remakes to happen at Mages wants to remake Yuyuki. Wonder if that, or a Shin Onigashima remake will pan out? Of course, I'd be more than happy with more Detective Club!

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
For anyone curious about the easter egg at the end of TGWSB:

It actually is possible to get a full 20 hearts for Ayumi! Video proof:

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Mass Effect distracted me for a few weeks but I'm finally starting this. The production values are really blowing me away, especially on my 4K tv which this manages to look fantastic on. Like all the little subtle character movements and animations are amazing. Backgrounds and sets are pretty great too with how dynamic they can be.

Gameplay definitely feels a little dated at times, but not too bad. With some minor tweaks it could be perfect. On Chapter 3 of TMH, worst issue I've had with the gameplay is having to go through all the dialogue options 2 or 3 times thus far to move the story progression forward.

Thus far I love it so much though, I would kill for them to revive the series with newer entries using this engine and style. I really hope the international release has gone well.

ChaosSaga

Oct 25, 2017
Around Hyrule
For anyone curious about the easter egg at the end of TGWSB:

It actually is possible to get a full 20 hearts for Ayumi! Video proof:

I was already shipping the protag with Ayumi... now even more.

And here's a guide to get the said Easter egg mentioned in the last post:

sourcegaming.info

Guide to achieving MAX affinity with Ayumi Tachibana – Famicom Detective Club

This guest article was submitted by @Cryptic_TX55 in collaboration with a couple of Famicom Detectice Club fans. The Super Famicom remake of Famicom Detective Club Part II: The Girl Who Stands Behi…

Neeeaat, I bookmarked to try again in the following months.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, interesting. So...should I play in release order or story order? Will it make a difference or anything?
I'd recommend playing them in release order. I think it makes Ayumi's characterization flow better.

Both games will ask if you have save data from the other one. The only thing that does is carry over the protagonist's name.