• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the vouchers working differently for these and letting you get both for one? I used to get those for $80 instead of 100, so if that was the case could've gotten both for $40 instead of $60 (with the current -10 discount for buying both).

Are they? I didn't know that. I would have assumed it was a voucher for each game since in the past they've allowed you to redeem vouchers on games that cost less than the voucher value and in the US store they're listed as separate purchases. I just looked it up and it looks like in the UK it is for both games. So it looks like I made the wrong assumption; I apologize for my error. Man, the UK has a nice selection of games that qualify for the voucher usage...

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Are they? I didn't know that. I would have assumed it was a voucher for each game since in the past they've allowed you to redeem vouchers on games that cost less than the voucher value and in the US store they're listed as separate purchases. I just looked it up and it looks like in the UK it is for both games. So it looks like I made the wrong assumption; I apologize for my error. Man, the UK has a nice selection of games that qualify for the voucher usage...

It's all good. We all miss the vouchers in the US lol.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
In Europe the two games are only sold as a bundle. They aren't separate releases here.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It's all good. We all miss the vouchers in the US lol.

Ya, especially heh after seeing that people are still benefiting from them.

In Europe the two games are only sold as a bundle. They aren't separate releases here.

Oh? I didn't know that. I wonder why they decided to only sell a bundle there, but split them up here but offer a discount if you buy both. Clearly it's a difference in the market audience but I wonder why there is that difference. How is it sold in Japan?

Deleted member 55822

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2019
Oh? I didn't know that. I wonder why they decided to only sell a bundle there, but split them up here but offer a discount if you buy both. Clearly it's a difference in the market audience but I wonder why there is that difference. How is it sold in Japan?
Japan also sold them separately. I guess NoE thought it would be better for Europe to have it as one package.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda surprised they kept the Famicom part in the name. I guess it's because the game is too niche to warrant a change

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017

Amazon.co.jp: ファミコン探偵倶楽部 消えた後継者・うしろに立つ少女 COLLECTOR'S EDITION -Switch (【Amazon.co.jp限定】オリジナルロゴ入りブックカバー(調査ファイル同等A4サイズ) 同梱) : Video Games

Amazon.co.jp: ファミコン探偵倶楽部 消えた後継者・うしろに立つ少女 COLLECTOR'S EDITION -Switch (【Amazon.co.jp限定】オリジナルロゴ入りブックカバー(調査ファイル同等A4サイズ) 同梱) : Video Games

Japanese CE available for preorder on Amazon.jp now for anyone who's into that

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

Only JP and Chinese languages onboard as far as we know.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, Nintendo has usually been good about including all of the languages when doing a global release but duly noted.

True, but there are exceptions - Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2 I believe do not have english in the Japanese versions.

I'm going to wait for it to come out and hope I'll be able to buy a copy post launch assuming it's found to support English.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any idea how long each of these games are? I'm very intrigued but a little put off by the $40 price tag on each of them, especially if they aren't terribly long.

Nov 14, 2017
These look awesome. Are they two separate games or like Pokemon/Fire Emblem where they tell the same story but with minor differences in each version?

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I'm super glad this is getting localized (at least in eng) but I wish they had separate releases, €60 is a tad steep imo

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Not sure if it would work in your favor with currency conversion but the US eshop does let you purchase them separately.

Oh wow, that's weird that it's being handled so differently, especially since there's no EFIGS localization

I wonder if they're maybe doing a physical edition in EU then

Getting it from the RUS eShop would cost me €47 for both, so I might be doing it but I dunno... it's more of a "don't waste money for backlog material" thing and the desire to play at least one of them while the discourse is still happening around here

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany

Looks cool. Wish it had english text.

Oct 31, 2017
nintendo published ones are multi 5

Are you still talking about third party DS games? This was a few eras ago, times have changed as seen with the latest AA releases.

And that comparison doesn't work as Nintendo here is funding/publishing first party HD remakes vs publishing third party DS games back then. The money involved isn't the same at all.

No EFIGS release sucks but I can understand why it's not happening.

I wonder if they're maybe doing a physical edition in EU then

Hopefully... But it doesn't seem to be the case :(

The JP CE looks very appealing!

Last edited:

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
The quality of the art and animation is soooooooo good, I still cannot get over iT

ezgif-2-2071b4e8e0c3.gif

ezgif-2-0cceee151eb8.gif

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played those games I just remember his writing in Other M not being great, did he do writing for those titles too?
He was in charge of the story of Other M but not the writing as far as I know. But either way his writing used to be good so don't worry about it. He was the writer on For the Frog the Bell Tolls on Game Boy and that game has great writing.

Jul 24, 2018
He was in charge of the story of Other M but not the writing as far as I know. But either way his writing used to be good so don't worry about it. He was the writer on For the Frog the Bell Tolls on Game Boy and that game has great writing.
Like don't get me wrong, he's certainly worked on good games but my hopes for his writing wasn't exactly all that great when I looked up he was involved with these titles. Guess I'll keep an eye on these titles.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
We all know that once you write something bad, that's all you are. Your good work? That's fake. It never happened. Your only value is in your worst, most recent failure.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Like don't get me wrong, he's certainly worked on good games but my hopes for his writing wasn't exactly all that great when I looked up he was involved with these titles. Guess I'll keep an eye on these titles.
You realize there's over a 20 year gap, right? People's talents come and go. It's like saying you're not interested in E.T. because Jurassic Park 2 was trash.

Jul 24, 2018
You realize there's over a 20 year gap, right? People's talents come and go. It's like saying you're not interested in E.T. because Jurassic Park 2 was trash.
I don't have any experience with his writing skills other than Other M, assuming he did the writing. But yes I do realize that every artist can make good and bad things which can also alter expectations etc. I'll see if this is any good when it releases.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
so they're not sold separately in Europe and there's no physical version either. i think Nintendo doesn't want me to buy anything they make nowadays.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wish Nintendo was more aggressive about supporting these types of games over here. It's wonderful that it's getting localised, but there's no physical and it seems like it's only getting an English translation. Likewise, there's no confirmation if the Shin-chan / boku no natsuyasumi game is getting localized.

That Shin-chan game is the second most viewed trailer from the direct, after Splatoon 3 on Nintendo's channel. So I wish Nintendo was more proactive about supporting these types of niche Japanese games.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Nintendo was more aggressive about supporting these types of games over here. It's wonderful that it's getting localised, but there's not physical and it seems like it's only getting an English translation. Likewise, there's no confirmation if the Shin-chan / boku no natsuyasumi game is getting localized.

That Shin-chan game is the most viewed trailer from the direct, even surpassing Splatoon 2 now on Nintendo's channel. So I wish Nintendo was more proactive about supporting these types of niche Japanese games.
shin chan is a licensed property. I don't think anyone still has the rights to Shin Chan in NA after Funi stopped dubbing it. I hear it was still localized in other countries recently, but that's still a bunch of different license holders to go through.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
shin chan is a licensed property. I don't think anyone still has the rights to Shin Chan in NA after Funi stopped dubbing it. I hear it was still localized in other countries recently, but that's still a bunch of different license holders to go through.
I don't think the Shin Chan license is the problem here, considering this:

www.nintendo.com

CRAYON SHINCHAN The Storm Called FLAMING KASUKABE RUNNER!! for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy CRAYON SHINCHAN The Storm Called FLAMING KASUKABE RUNNER!! and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Only in english! I can't remember the last Nintendo game that didn't get translated to more languages... I'm happy we will get this though
Unless I'm mistaken, that'd be Project Zero/Fatal Frame 5 on the WiiU.
It's a bummer since text-heavy games are really enhanced when being played in a good translation to your own language, as each line and their nuances can really "land" in that way.
But like with Ace Attorney, it's better than having to decipher japanese! I was always curious about these games and I really like that they bothered to animate them. They could have easily made them still images as that's the trend I have noticed lately with games like Fire Emblem and other visual novels.

While Namco Bandai is more used to this stuff, the fact that they brought the Doraemon Harvest Moon game gives me hope.

We did get 6 different shinchan videogames in Spain back in the day, but they were Spanish-only releases, dubbed but with no other language options. I feel like this time they might try an European release with japanese audio only, like what happened with Doraemon. (as long as they don't force us into an english dub that's okay, but I also wish we get an optional spanish dub like with the other games).

The hardest obstacle I see here is convincing the japanese folks that a complete PAL release is worth it since it's less popular with the english folk, but at least the CEO seemed to be interested in bringing it over.

Was that Funimation dub any popular? I watched a bit but didn't like how they made up the dialogues to make the children seem more mean spirited. It reminded me of parody dubs like Ghost Stories instead of a proper translation.

Last edited:

flowsnake

Oct 25, 2017
What is BOND? Buddy Mission Bond? I searched this thread and nobody called by its actual name, and you cannot google "bond".