• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly amazed Bethesda never swept these guys up. Could've had them working on a official release So much polish.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm on this the second I get home. I played Project Brazil years ago and it was extremely impressive.

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I watched some streams of this earlier today and I'm pretty shocked at how good it looks. Apparently, there have been some crash issues, but regular New Vegas still crashes all the time, so that's no surprise. The real surprise is that there's a decent amount of voice acting and the voice acting is not horrible.

Brerlappin

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, I bought NV on sale on steam just to try this out. Never was a huge fan of NV tho. Ill say this, the day Bethesda make a ES/Fallout game where you can change resolution without having to quit the game, ill fucking rejoice

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Am I watching a different trailer? That looked really amateur. Nothing about it had me excited m.

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh I suppose this is gonna to take a while...

pmxBrs0.jpg

It's 8% now.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ModDB's servers are being hammered. I wonder why the developers have only released the torrent on their Discord instead of linking it on ModDB. There's also Nexusmods which in this one instance is a pretty decent option because they're entirely oriented around Bethesda games. But of course you have to sign up there, wheras ModdB lets anyone download a 6GB file on demand.

Oct 25, 2017
Same goes for Nexus, though it's a slightly faster than ModDB. Mine is currently 19% in an half hour.

In case if ModDB is not working for you, try this if you use NNM/Vortex.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hmm. I installed this mod and my performance went to the gutter. I just played the game at 100~ fps but now I'm getting 20ish even in the base game. Annoying.

Edit: Tabbing in and back out seems to fix it. Good enough.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You need to register on Nexus to be able to see it because it's classed as an adult mod.
NVM, found it by searching it on the site specifically. Would've thought it'd be on the front page, but it seems as though they updated the old Project Brazil page instead from 2012, so it doesn't count as a new mod. Also means that the large amount of downloads on the Nexus isn't indicative of this actual release by itself.

MrMattamus

Oct 27, 2017
This is news to me I'm still using NMM right now and I wonder how hard is it to transfer mods.

When you add a game, it will ask you if you want to import mods from NMM. You can also toggle an option in Vortex that will allow it to work with the Mod Manager buttons over at Nexus.

Vortex is much better and cleaner than NMM. Recommend switching if you can.

Oct 25, 2017
It's up to 94%.

Personally, if you want download a slightly faster -- use Vortex from now on or whatever program you prefer.

Oct 25, 2017
How do I activate "NewCalifornia.esm" when I'm using Vortex? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I'm pretty sure NNM has it, but not this version.

Now I'm getting this load of errors on 2.0.1 Patch. I installed 200 and then 201 and this is what I get.

2ybSVdg.jpg

And then this is happened

JwAG6XR.jpg

I thought the instruction follows the same patch. Their description claims it patched both? I'm confused as hell now.

Last edited:

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
How buggy is it compared to vanilla nv on steam?

Man I want to get this installed tonight, would love a good FO game to play this year

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Played through the prologue and into the real opening. It takes a bit to get used to the level of production (IE, far less fluff lining the rooms and a lot of inaccessible doorways), but once shit gets real into the game proper, I'm having a pretty good time.

I'm not playing with any extra ENBs because I don't really like how most of them look, usually way too dark.

large_gourd

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 29, 2018
This actually looks good. Looks like the kind of mod you always daydream about for your favourite games.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Played through the prologue and into the real opening. It takes a bit to get used to the level of production (IE, far less fluff lining the rooms and a lot of inaccessible doorways), but once shit gets real into the game proper, I'm having a pretty good time.

I'm not playing with any extra ENBs because I don't really like how most of them look, usually way too dark.

Not crazy about how that looks.

I'm really just looking forward to the big Fallout 4 total conversion mods. I hope Fallout Cascadia comes out next year.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of these types of mods. Is Nehrim and Enderal worth going back to on Oblivion and Skyrim?

NV is one of my faves of all time so I'm downloading this when I have time for sure.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Surely there's a torrent for this like most large mods, the Battlefield 2 ones come to mind.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of these types of mods. Is Nehrim and Enderal worth going back to on Oblivion and Skyrim?

NV is one of my faves of all time so I'm downloading this when I have time for sure.
Enderal is one of the greatest RPGs of the past few years, IMHO. I'd hold off playing it until the next major update drops, though.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Made it out of the Vault. I really like the design of the 'overworld' compared to the Mohave or capital wasteland.

Really like how it incorporates everything. Quests, a functioning map, companions, lots of voiced dialogue. Obviously, the level of polish is missing in places but it really feels like a nice stand-alone expansion. We'll see how it holds up past the intro handful of hours.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO

I'm really just looking forward to the big Fallout 4 total conversion mods. I hope Fallout Cascadia comes out next year.

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing Cascadia and Miami making it to the light of day, the unfortunate reality is that massive projects like this rarely make it to the finish line, so when a New California does, and it's as fledged out and polished as this one is, it's impressive as hell.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States

I'm sure you can make it look way better if you slather on a good combo of mods/lighting tweaks/enb, but I personally don't mind just playing vanilla. Also I'm too dumb to get things to run properly if the number of mods at once exceeds like...5. It took me forever just to figure out how to install a FoV slider mod, lol.