• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Wow, it actually came out.

If you need something to scratch the single-player Fallout itch, you might want to check out Fallout New California - a New Vegas mod seven years in the making. The mod officially launched to the public today, and provides players with a brand new worldspace "unconnected to the Mojave" that's about two thirds the size of the New Vegas map. It also comes with an "independent story" that takes anywhere from six to 30 hours to complete. As the modders themselves put it, New California is "basically a separate game".
Read more here: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...mod-launches-after-seven-years-in-development
Download the mod here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil
Base game requirement: Fallout New Vegas

Lock if old.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I hadn't heard of this but it really looks quite good. I'll have to download this.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
The only way we're probably getting a decent Fallout experience in the next few months I would think

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
14,877 lines of spoken dialogue between 60 voice actors.

That's 55 more voice actors than Bethesda normally uses.
SpWaKFm.png

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so excited for this. Been watching this project for years. Fuck you fallout 76 and 4, this is what I've been wanting.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, just wow. Trailer is well made and cut and the whole thing looks amazing.

Definitely gonna give this a go after Red Dead.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Watching a guy stream it on Twitch right now, so far this mod seems very, very polished. Super impressed with what 7 years of love and attention can produce, for free no less.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
Well, I've got to try this. I can't imagine the amount of hours the team poured in. For a group of people to work on anything for 7 years and see it through until the end is impressive and worthy of recognition.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks awesome, I'll have to try it out eventually. It seems like those seven years were worth it.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Wonder if it will work with Tale of the Two Wastelands, theoretically it probably should. Would be nice to play a massive triple-game.

Pity the new Nexus mod manager is POS, it refuses to work properly. The old one wasn't good but at least it worked just about, but it doesn't look like Nexus supports it anymore. And there's just enough mods i need/want that manually installing everything would take a lot of time plus it would be problematic since some use install scripts.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Going to grab it when I get home tonight. I need to do another install of New Vegas though since I have a fully modded one with 150ish mods that I got to work well together and I am not killing it.

Is there a way to do a separate install using Steam or do I need to run it through GoG instead I wonder.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Interesting. Wonder if it will work with Tale of the Two Wastelands, theoretically it probably should. Would be nice to play a massive triple-game.

Pity the new Nexus mod manager is POS, it refuses to work properly. The old one wasn't good but at least it worked just about, but it doesn't look like Nexus supports it anymore. And there's just enough mods i need/want that manually installing everything would take a lot of time plus it would be problematic since some use install scripts.
The newest one works alright. You can also use Mod Organizer or Fallout Mod Manager or that new beta/Alpha Mod Manager from Nexus.

For Tale of Two Wastelands, not sure. They have a list of mods that are recommended and ones that don't run. Project Nevada is supported.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Going to grab it when I get home tonight. I need to do another install of New Vegas though since I have a fully modded one with 150ish mods that I got to work well together and I am not killing it.

Is there a way to do a separate install using Steam or do I need to run it through GoG instead I wonder.

using modorganizer i think you can keep separate mod installs quite effortlessly but it might not be an option if you hard installed everything already

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The newest one works alright. You can also use Mod Organizer or Fallout Mod Manager or that new beta/Alpha Mod Manager from Nexus.

For Tale of Two Wastelands, not sure. They have a list of mods that are recommended and ones that don't run. Project Nevada is supported.
"Newest one"? You mean Vortex? Because it doesn't work for me. NMM was pretty bad (it wasn't unusual for it to skip files etc.) but it didn't really refuse to install things.
Never used Mod Organizer, not gonna start now. And yeah, FOMM is an option but that'll have to wait, i got burned out trying to get Vortex to work.
Honestly was never a fan of mod managers in the first place, they've never seemed to work properly for me no matter what kind of computer i have or what i do. I should just stick to choosing mods that are simple and are no bother to install manually.

That TTW question was really rhetorical. Figured it would be pretty damn interesting BUT i really don't think i'd have enough energy to run through 3 main quests and countless of other quests and DLC in one game. Maybe one day...

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO

From their list of incompatible mods:
Long ago our teams parted ways and went to their separate projects, and after losing communication the systems we use, and the systems they use, gradually overlapped in ways that will take someone a week or two to fix. Our storyline also invalidates theirs in some fundamentals ways that will be hard to square. Not impossible, especially as an Enclave player, but very unlikely that the Star Player is the Lone Wanderer (a child in a Vault?) is the Courier. Without Interdimensional Time Travel or something.

Full known list of incompatible mods here

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Did they take the characters face straight out of Oblivion? Some of the faces in the trailer are terrifying. Will definitely give this a shot as I love Fallout.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Got this downloaded and all ready to go once I get home from work.

BTW it didn't play nice with my Nexus Mod Manager, so I moved files manually. Supposedly it does better with Fallout Mod Manager.