• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Some level 5 started buying everything in my vendors. Unfortunately, I was only 8k from the max so I had to quickly log out.

Made a ton of sales before that today as well. I am kinda cleared out.

I am kinda at a loss on what to blow my caps on now. I have 3 of the assaultron keycards so not those. Any suggestions?

You already bought the 6K worth of gold bullion this week?

Mutation serums, at 19k each with Hard Bargain perk cards it's a nice way to keep caps down and then have the ability to sell pre made serum in vending.

Yeah, this is a good idea too.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
God, the thought of logging in to do the damn Foundation quest, Crater quest and the dailies was too much for me. Love the game but this current stuff is All so boring. Cant do it anymore.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
God, the thought of logging in to do the damn Foundation quest, Crater quest and the dailies was too much for me. Love the game but this current stuff is All so boring. Cant do it anymore.
Logging in to do dailies, and the obtuse grind for the Season made me drop 76 for the time being. I''ll be back into it whenever they drop the next story update.
That's kind of one of the larger challenges I see 76 still needs to overcome. Outside of the main story and the new stuff from Wastelanders, do I want to login every day to do a grind over and over again?

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Logging in to do dailies, and the obtuse grind for the Season made me drop 76 for the time being. I''ll be back into it whenever they drop the next story update.
That's kind of one of the larger challenges I see 76 still needs to overcome. Outside of the main story and the new stuff from Wastelanders, do I want to login every day to do a grind over and over again?

If you don't like grinding, this isn't the game for you, that is for sure. At least the end game isn't for you.

Me personally, i love grinding. It's how I relax after work.

I'm really enjoying the Legendary Run, but I was already doing the dailies everyday. It's some structure to the grind and they mix it up.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Is there some kind of catch up mechanic coming? Can you buy ranks with atoms?

Today's "In the Vault" says:

To start, we've added bonus daily challenges every day this week, meaning there are now a total of nine dailies you can complete until July 20. We're looking into additional challenges like these as The Legendary Run continues. For example, we are planning to add some bonus weekly and daily challenges to the final week of the Season. We also have our first Double Daily S.C.O.R.E. Bonus event coming up, which starts on July 23. During that time, all of your daily challenges will award you twice the normal amount of S.C.O.R.E. when you complete them.

Finally, many players have been asking about when they will be able to rank up using Atoms. We initially delayed this from the July 14 start date, but we plan to enable purchasing rank-ups with Atoms starting today as an option for those of you who are so inclined.

There's double XP this weekend, which will boost the 'earn levels' SCORE daily progress, and the double SCORE weekend coming up with help too.

How badly do I want that secret fireplace door? Haha.

I unlocked the "Stars" wallpaper a day or two ago + am considering re-doing my camp around it :)

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Just won a Nuclear Winter match by literally having the high ground. Dude was stuck and I was on the cliff. Threw 2 mines and that took em out. had me laughing

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Dropped my first nuke last night and I mistakenly put it in a really bad spot for the Scorchbeast Queen, everyone had to fight her inside the blast zone. 3 Star and we couldnt take her down sadly. Partly because most of the high levels were doing Project Paradise (which is a good thing) just bad timing from when I was working through the nuke silo...

Anyway got the Platinum Trophy. Looks like I might be playing some Nuclear Winter since it is double XP this weekend.

Just hit Rank 41 in the Season, cruising along but it is going to be slowing down quickly 2k+ SCORE points now to rank up.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Dropped my first nuke last night and I mistakenly put it in a really bad spot for the Scorchbeast Queen, everyone had to fight her inside the blast zone. 3 Star and we couldnt take her down sadly. Partly because most of the high levels were doing Project Paradise (which is a good thing) just bad timing from when I was working through the nuke silo...

Anyway got the Platinum Trophy. Looks like I might be playing some Nuclear Winter since it is double XP this weekend.

Just hit Rank 41 in the Season, cruising along but it is going to be slowing down quickly 2k+ SCORE points now to rank up.
I thought I was moving at a quick pace, and I am only 34 or so in Seasons, with yesterday being the first day I ignored a few dailies

Oct 27, 2017

This raises a good question, where do you aim when dropping a nuke on the Scorchbeast Queen? I dropped my first one on Whitesprings to farm highly irradiated fluids and such

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
It's Double XP Weekend rn. So make use of that, plus all the XP Bonuses. Killing a Super Mutant gave me 1000 XP with all the INT and XP bonuses I have on me

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Got to laugh, a daily quest (Heart of the enemy) just gave 2.2k in XP but killing the Colossus only gave me 1.3k, think that must of been a glitch!

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
Got to laugh, a daily quest (Heart of the enemy) just gave 2.2k in XP but killing the Colossus only gave me 1.3k, think that must of been a glitch!

Sounds about right. The colossus gives about as much XP as a level 80 scorchbeast IIRC. Also the XP bar numbers are a bit weird and end up throwing out the wrong numbers sometimes.

Thanks to double XP, I am now at level 50 on the legendary run.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So no server issues currently, right?

I've been trying to connect this evening to finally check the game out, but I keep getting a message about servers being down. I'll have to look into it a bit more.

Edit: OK, so I just looked it up, and the Bethesda support article on how to fix this issue that i'm having to reinstall the game on the same drive as my OS. That is not currently possible. Is anyone else aware of this issue and may have a solution? I've googled a bit, came up with some port forwarding and checking the firewall, but nothing that helped.

Last edited:

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
So no server issues currently, right?

I've been trying to connect this evening to finally check the game out, but I keep getting a message about servers being down. I'll have to look into it a bit more.

Edit: OK, so I just looked it up, and the Bethesda support article on how to fix this issue that i'm having to reinstall the game on the same drive as my OS. That is not currently possible. Is anyone else aware of this issue and may have a solution? I've googled a bit, came up with some port forwarding and checking the firewall, but nothing that helped.

can try this. Not personally aware of another solution besides C drive

Go to the directory that the game is installed on Z:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\Fallout 76

Copy the Project76.ini file go to your my games folder on your windows drive

C:\Users(username)\Documents\My Games\Fallout 76 Paste the file into this folder then right click on the file and change it to read only.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017

Go to the directory that the game is installed on Z:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\Fallout 76

C:\Users(username)\Documents\My Games\Fallout 76 Paste the file into this folder then right click on the file and change it to read only.

This has fixed it for other people.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Cheers. That did work.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Took a little break from the game a few days ago and it was totally the right call for me. I was getting caught up in grinding out SCORE, and the game was starting to feel like work. By taking a few days off it immediately broke the pressure to keep logging in so that I could unlock everything in the season pass. Such a silly psychological thing because I honestly don't care about like 90% of the items in the season, and even the 10% I think look cool - I'd definitely not be heartbroken about missing out on them. But it was like - they gave me this thing to do and it felt like I ***had*** to do it.

I dunno. Not a new experience in the age of Battle Pass/Season Pass, but I guess like most things Fallout - it got it's hooks in me more than other games.

The good news - back to logging in and having a good time, not stressing out over the tasks. I still try and knock them out, but it's more just like a framework around the other things I'm doing. "Oh hey, I have a daily to kill scorched, and this quest puts me in Charleston where I know there are scorched". That kind of thing.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Took a little break from the game a few days ago and it was totally the right call for me. I was getting caught up in grinding out SCORE, and the game was starting to feel like work. By taking a few days off it immediately broke the pressure to keep logging in so that I could unlock everything in the season pass. Such a silly psychological thing because I honestly don't care about like 90% of the items in the season, and even the 10% I think look cool - I'd definitely not be heartbroken about missing out on them. But it was like - they gave me this thing to do and it felt like I ***had*** to do it.

I dunno. Not a new experience in the age of Battle Pass/Season Pass, but I guess like most things Fallout - it got it's hooks in me more than other games.

The good news - back to logging in and having a good time, not stressing out over the tasks. I still try and knock them out, but it's more just like a framework around the other things I'm doing. "Oh hey, I have a daily to kill scorched, and this quest puts me in Charleston where I know there are scorched". That kind of thing.

That's the best way to think about it. It's not the end of the world if we don't unlock everything,

Ranking up with atoms is now an option, btw. 150 atoms per rank. I wouldn't do it now, but when the time is running out I might buy a few ranks if I am close to something I want.

Double score weekends will push this along as well.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
That's the best way to think about it. It's not the end of the world if we don't unlock everything,

Ranking up with atoms is now an option, btw. 150 atoms per rank. I wouldn't do it now, but when the time is running out I might buy a few ranks if I am close to something I want.

Double score weekends will push this along as well.

This weekend might be a good weekend as well to get a leg up. I was blazing through the 10k weekly challenges last night, well rested, full groups, and lunch box buffs. Got to level 43 last night.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
This weekend might be a good weekend as well to get a leg up. I was blazing through the 10k weekly challenges last night, well rested, full groups, and lunch box buffs. Got to level 43 last night.

Yeah, will have to see how far I can get this weekend.

Depending on how close we get by the end of the run, I could see spending 1500 atoms to get the last 10 levels if needed. I really want that fireplace. haha.

I'm a First subscriber, so I'll have atoms to play with, and I've spent them on stupider stuff.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking forward to the double XP weekend - just got my alt (well who is now my main tbh) up to 53 the other night so I'm in the fun part of finishing out the build. However, Ghost of Tsushima just launched and.. uh.. yeah. Definitely going to be putting most of my time into that.

Hopefully we get another Double XP weekend before the season is up, and there is still the Double SCORE weekend coming up too

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
We got a really weird bug last night in the Line in the Sand Event. All of the scorched kept dropping about 10 feet in the air right in front of the satellite station you need to protect. There were 7 or 8 of us doing the event and we just destroyed them within 1-2 seconds. It was hard to get a hit on them for the experience (grabbed my Tesla Rifle after a bit to get some hits going).

It was just bonkers happening over and over again, great for experience, I think I gained one full level (127 now) just doing that.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
We got a really weird bug last night in the Line in the Sand Event. All of the scorched kept dropping about 10 feet in the air right in front of the satellite station you need to protect. There were 7 or 8 of us doing the event and we just destroyed them within 1-2 seconds. It was hard to get a hit on them for the experience (grabbed my Tesla Rifle after a bit to get some hits going).

It was just bonkers happening over and over again, great for experience, I think I gained one full level (127 now) just doing that.

I'm back on my Commando build and I love the Tesla rifle for those scenarios. I wish I could find a quad. Best I have is a vampire Tesla, which does make me invincible.

Coriander

Oct 27, 2017
NYC

I've seems that happen in JuiceHead's recent videos, but never in person!

amademage

May 19, 2020

You gained 80 levels since your last post? Is working with a group that much faster?

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
You gained 80 levels since your last post? Is working with a group that much faster?

Sorry. Season level I am 43. Character level I am 127.

You should be grouping up pretty much all the time now. There is very little drawback to grouping up, just make sure you have the inspirational perk going and share a perk with your group as well.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Having a survival tent by the gates of fort defiance will cause the Scorched to spwan by the Generator. Honestly a good farm of exp if you use a legendary explosive weapon

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently at SCORE Rank 49. I'm betting I can reach 55 or 56 if I go hard at it (including the next 3 Dailies).

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
Welp. It happened. Half of my daily challenges were auto-completed and didn't show up. Thankfully, XP buffing and double XP week gave me a significant boost so I am not too worried but damn man, this shit should of been fixed eons ago.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of the ammo converter. I completely forgot about it and have been dropping missiles and nukes on the floor. But they really need to make it function better, obviously. How they shipped it in that shape is a little sad.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
They couldn't test it in the PTS cuz it was marked as an Atom Shop item lol.

A Bloodied Gatling Plasma with 10% Aiming Damage and 90% Reduced Weight just dropped for me. Holy fk. lol

Last edited:

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I'm still new to the game, but small screw up I caught myself doing already.

I'm level 18 and my scrap box is already full weight. I'm thinking to myself, how the hell can this be? It turns out, sometimes I wasn't junking all my scrap FIRST before just dumping with the 'store all scrap' button. Cleared about 100lbs out converting it all.