• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Carnivore mutation improve the buffs you get from cooked food (in this case the meat ones)?

If so, might actually consider it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A little FAQ on PvP.

1. You cannot engage in pvp until you reach level 5 (unless in a party with someone over level 5).

2. If you go into your settings and turn on Pacifist Mode you cannot be brought into pvp, even accidentally.

3. With Pacifist Mode turned on the only way to engage in pvp is to have someone contest a public workshop you currently claim or if you contest one someone else claims.

4. Other players can still kill you in very specific circumstances, but its exceedingly rare to happen. They can do this by using nuke mines in large quantities near you as they cause radiation damage, which is environmental and doesn't discriminate. They can also do this by creating "trap vendors" where they set their camp up in a way that you can trapped and then hit with flamer and radiation traps, which can kill anyone as again they are environmental. I've had this happen to me once (but I managed to escape since I was in Power Armor) but I haven't seen it since in 300 hours of play. Its very rare and very frowned upon, the community generally targets trap vendors for nuke strikes.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
When you die in PvP, can anyone grab your dropped loot? I assume you drop the same things when you die normally (your junk)

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything you can do with mini nukes other than shoot them? They are extremely heavy and you can't seem to sell them

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
With space being so limited, I would imagine explosive builds probably aren't that popular in this one.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Angry turtle posted a video on a stealth archer build. It looks really viable as an option. He had an instigating bow and was doing over a 1000 damage per shot.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I think while adding in Wastelanders was great, the actual quests themselves could have used more work. They clearly focused a lot on the NPC interactions and the dialogue choices which is cool but the mission to mission stuff is basically just rehashed Fallout 4 nonsense where you go to one location, kill/loot, then return, at least so far from what I have played, so in that regard it's pretty disappointing.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I think while adding in Wastelanders was great, the actual quests themselves could have used more work. They clearly focused a lot on the NPC interactions and the dialogue choices which is cool but the mission to mission stuff is basically just rehashed Fallout 4 nonsense where you go to one location, kill/loot, then return, at least so far from what I have played, so in that regard it's pretty disappointing.

If your stats are high enough you do have some alternate ways tackling the quests with skill checks which is nice and can at times skip some of the busy work fetch questing parts.

Lot of it is of course typical go here, get thing or find thing, press button, return quests, but there is a few alternate options you can take on some of the main quests. Lot of side quests are pretty simple of course.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
When the game came out I only got to level 11 and quit. Decided to start over yesterday to see the improvements and got up to level 8 today. Besides the crashing, I've crashed 4 times so far, having a lot of fun exploring and doing the quests. Highly recommend trying the game out again if you already own it and it left a bad taste when it first launched.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
There was a set of T-60 minus helmet on a chassis just sitting there by the robot for the final exam for the Fire Breathers. I don't know if this is supposed to be a regular occurrence or I just got really lucky. I see it will be a while before I can use it (level 40 requirement, I'm level 13.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone playing on Xbox One X and Dolby Atmos? I tried the game yesterday for the first time in a long while and the audio level is super low even though it is turned up to the highest in the menu. All my other games are working fine, so it is just this game after the content update.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
There was a set of T-60 minus helmet on a chassis just sitting there by the robot for the final exam for the Fire Breathers. I don't know if this is supposed to be a regular occurrence or I just got really lucky. I see it will be a while before I can use it (level 40 requirement, I'm level 13.

You find high end power armor all over the place.

Don't feel like you need to keep those pieces in storage taking up space for 30 levels

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Got both factions up to "Friendly" today. Gonna be a bit of a grind to get them to whatever the next tier is it seems (Neighborly?) Need to stockpile Treasury Notes anyway.

I've been doing the 1 daily per faction, as well as giving my Davenport photos to the Raiders to boost them up. I stop by the Ohio River location for Mirelurk hunting every once in a while, but it feels like sometimes it doesn't reset properly, and Bones thanks me for helping out even if its the next day.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I abandoned the game forever ago when it first came out. Just made a new character and in under an hour already feels like a real Fallout game more than it did before. This is so great.

I was one of the biggest detractors of the game originally but glad that it finally "feels" like Fallout again.

EDIT: Morty Mort is now one of my favorite characters.

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Game has progressed greatly and looks and feels completely different than when I stopped playing.

What does claiming a workshop do? I did it but I didn't want to move my entire camp to that location. It gave me some items when I defended it but I didn't really see the main purpose of it?

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Game has progressed greatly and looks and feels completely different than when I stopped playing.

What does claiming a workshop do? I did it but I didn't want to move my entire camp to that location. It gave me some items when I defended it but I didn't really see the main purpose of it?

Each workshop on the map has spots you can put down resource generators to periodically get resources from, including some rarer elements like ultracite. That plus the "Defend the workshop!" events that get you more plans etc, are the main draws.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica

I got the chassis only. Dammit.

Lvl 15.

I did have 2 pieces for a T-45 from a train station from around lvl 8...

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
The default vsync/framerate/whatever it is on PC is awful. Do this if you haven't done ti already (I know you mentioned editing an ini file):

Quit to desktop
Go to Documents/My Games/Fallout 76 and open Fallout76Prefs.ini
Ctrl+F "iPresentInterval"
change the value on that from 1 to 0.
should look something like: iPresentInterval=0
Save it.
Start the game.

Playing it at unlocked framerate is much better and playing it without it was a really awful experience.

Unlocked my framerate today. Night and day difference. I did have an issue where my character couldn't move while indoors. Took forever searching to figure this out. Apparently my framerate was to high while indoors. So I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers that has a built in frame limiter and that fixed the issue. So if anyone has issues not being able to walk while indoors limit your framerate.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to get adhesive early on before you have a camp set up? Can't repair my fav gun. :(

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
I bounced off the base 76 super hard. Got to like level 5 but just finished Outer Worlds as Wasterlanders came out and wanted to keep scratching that itch.
Enjoying it way more so far. It's not as good as a full Fallout (or Outer Worlds seeing as I came straight from that) but it's fun.
I actually want to do the NPC quests unlike the original stuff that I just had no interest in.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having any luck with LUCK builds? Been trying to reallocate points and want to know if this is viable even?

Speaking of which. I always forget the triangle/Y button does critical shots. I keep thinking it will automatically crit on its own like other RPGs instead of building meter.

littleworm

Oct 25, 2017
Think I wanna roll a new character just to play through all the main quest stuff again, with the new wastelanders stuff added. Since my current character is a lvl 140ish stealth build, I wanna go the opposite with this new one. Anyone got a build for and power armor/ heavy weapons build they like?

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Angry turtle posted a video on a stealth archer build. It looks really viable as an option. He had an instigating bow and was doing over a 1000 damage per shot.

whens the earliest you can get a bow? I really love sniper builds as thats what im using....but a bow build would be so much more fun.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How long does it take before the economy breaks? Because if it doesn't, it might be the best economy / scavenging game I ever played.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
So I wanted to knock all the quests out from the other dlc first before wastelanders so I went and started them all I could still love the map I'm only missing bucket list and not sure how to start it I keep checking the spawn spots and getting nothing and am I correct their is no quests for nuclear winter?

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
So I wanted to knock all the quests out from the other dlc first before wastelanders so I went and started them all I could still love the map I'm only missing bucket list and not sure how to start it I keep checking the spawn spots and getting nothing and am I correct their is no quests for nuclear winter?

I think if you build a terminal at your camp you can check it for something about a suspicious person that directs you to the tourists body.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
How do I deal with getting better bows/crossbows? I can make a bow but it is level 1, and I can't make crossbows.

I've had a level 15 crossbow forever and I am now level 35 and I haven't found even a single other crossbow in the world let alone one of a higher level...

I have never once seen a bow in the world either.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I deal with getting better bows/crossbows? I can make a bow but it is level 1, and I can't make crossbows.

I've had a level 15 crossbow forever and I am now level 35 and I haven't found even a single other crossbow in the world let alone one of a higher level...

I have never once seen a bow in the world either.
Go to the Pioneer Scout Camp in the Toxic Valley and look on a table near the crossbow range and the plan to make crossbows should spawn there.

When you go to craft a weapon it should give you an option to craft higher levels, you might need the Gunsmith perk for higher levels of weapons.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
So is there a beginner's guide for this game that's not super outdated? I've read that there are speech checks but is putting points into persuasion or whatever kind of pointless because there are only so many quests with wastelanders?

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
These running assholes are so goddamn annoying. Here I am, a level 23 normie, looting stuff and listening to holotapes and out of nowhere there are 4 level 65 rad-whatevered ghouls JUMPING on me and I die in two hits. I've already finished the missions and looted the west and the north-west parts of the map, every single mission I have pointing me towards the east but I can't take two steps without getting killed every 5 minutes.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought the game cheap on an ebay listing and just redeemed it on Bethesda's launcher. When I went to link accounts, I guess Steam is already linked for me. So do I just wait for it to pop up in my Steam Library? Will it be there today?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game cheap on an ebay listing and just redeemed it on Bethesda's launcher. When I went to link accounts, I guess Steam is already linked for me. So do I just wait for it to pop up in my Steam Library? Will it be there today?
It'll pop up eventually not sure when since they extended it. You won't get an email or any notification when it's added. Fallout 1,2 and Tactics will also be added if you don't already own them.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
So I can apply wallpapers from the atom shop I don't own. I'm guessing this is a bug.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
welp i bougth the retail PS4 version for like 12 euro. I guess its worth that price after the update

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
These running assholes are so goddamn annoying. Here I am, a level 23 normie, looting stuff and listening to holotapes and out of nowhere there are 4 level 65 rad-whatevered ghouls JUMPING on me and I die in two hits. I've already finished the missions and looted the west and the north-west parts of the map, every single mission I have pointing me towards the east but I can't take two steps without getting killed every 5 minutes.

I noticed this two. I was wandering towards White Springs to do something there at level 22 and bam. A whole pack of level 55-65 ghouls or scorched come flying out of nowhere. Could never get my loot back.

Same thing happened on the Hunter Hunted thing up north at the Raider place. Saw a Snallyghaster(sp) and a second later, when I realized it was too tough it beat me to a pulp and smashed 3 of my armor pieces to bits.

Seems cool that there are areas that may be to tough to wander, but when quests are sending me to places at the level I am at I would expect those aeras to be competitive, not impossible.

Oh...and fuck Honeybeasts.

Oct 27, 2017
So tonight I had my first instance of my C.A.M.P not loading into the world. It was fairly basic so it's not like I lost much, but it was in a prime spot pretty much in the middle of the places I needed to be for my quests at the moment.

Is it gone forever?

Game seemed super glitchy in general actually so I wonder if it was something server side? My first session today where I walked away from it just thinking "ugh". Been really positive on the game up to now but right from loading into the game the performance and bugs just felt like shit.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
So tonight I had my first instance of my C.A.M.P not loading into the world. It was fairly basic so it's not like I lost much, but it was in a prime spot pretty much in the middle of the places I needed to be for my quests at the moment.

Is it gone forever?

Game seemed super glitchy in general actually so I wonder if it was something server side? My first session today where I walked away from it just thinking "ugh". Been really positive on the game up to now but right from loading into the game the performance and bugs just felt like shit.
When you say your camp didn't load, was it because there was somebody else on your plot of land?

If so, then you should be fine the next time you log in.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

Is it gone forever?

Usually if that happens just log off and log back on to another world, usually the camp will appear where it belongs.

Also when you have a camp done the way you are currently happy with it, always save it as a blue print for the future in case you want to move it or need to reset it to that version

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

XsT40DJ.jpg

Bethesda Support

Beth updated the Support page last week addressing this question.

"If you have linked your Steam account to your Bethesda.net account successfully by April 28th, you will receive your free Steam copy of Fallout 76 by the end of April. "

I'm in the same boat as well, but it looks like we're good to go.

Just gotta be patient. They'll likely do a mass dump of keys at the end of the month like they did a couple days before Steam launch.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
So is there a beginner's guide for this game that's not super outdated? I've read that there are speech checks but is putting points into persuasion or whatever kind of pointless because there are only so many quests with wastelanders?

It's all special stats. They are fairly well varied but mainly intelligence/charisma/strength Checks of various levels. Absolutely do not put any points anywhere for speech checks and focus completely on what's best for your build or what you need atm. You can slowly Respec special after 50. They are 90% fluff and meaningless extra line that changes nothing. At any point in a conversation, you can easily back out and pop any chems/food/drinks or gear needed to pass a skill check if you really really want to pass one and your close.

Honestly, don't think about it at all