• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Huh. So I just keep crafting the Handmade Rifle and breaking it down until I learn the mod?

------------------------------

Also I need to figure out what to do with my bank...I'm basically at 800 weight full. Gotta be stuff I should throw away.

Also for the backpack... Did they ever make it easier to get for solo players? IIRC (it's been awhile) all of the challenges required at least 1 other person.

Filter by weight. Press Left or Right stick in the controller (Xbox)

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
docs.google.com

Updated Bulk Wts.

Sheet1 Name,Regular Wt,Bulk Wt,Qty/Bulk,Raw Savings,% Reduction Acid (Theoretical)*,0.05,0.75,10,-0.15,-30.00%,*Acid outputs 15 acid but inputs 10 acid Adhesive,0.05,0.5,10,0,0.00% Aluminum,0.1,0.5,10,0.5,50.00%,Plastic Weight,0.1 Antiseptic,0.1,0 Asbestos,0.1,0,Key Ballistic Fiber,0.1,0,(Bad) N...

Not sure how up to date it is, but here's a bulk guide for the game

Dont be afraid to bulk items like wood and steel and sell them to vendors if you are out of weight. Those are the easiest resources in the game to gather up on

Any updated build lists to work with?

Im not sure what the new endgame content difficulty is, but bloodied builds, junkies builds are probably the two best builds to do in the game

If youre talking about specific weapons, pistols kind of suck, most people like rifles, but there's a huge love of Heavy weapons too endgame. Two handed melee is infinitely better then one handed. punching is better then both, but you cant power armor it with your decked out legendary weapons

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also, laser weapons are fucking terrible for some reason outside of the gatling laser. They do less damage, break a lot easier, and cost a lot more to fix then other low tier weapons

Pipe weapons are easily more reliable imo

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, go after lead as well if you run an automatic build. Hell, do it even if you don't. Good ammo is actually really tough to get outside of crafting or taking the ammo workshop in the top right

Also, if you're looking to get easy ass scrip, and theres no one on your server selling incredibly cheap legendaries, Uranium Fever was always the best event to do. The molemen also have loot tables for some really resources, like glowing meat and combat shotguns.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Both of my builds are automatic focused. Commando and heavy weapons. So my life is all about lead. Lead, steel, and acid(to make more gunpowder). This is the way.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're still worried about caps, literally the easiest way to make caps is to go to point pleasant

latest

In point pleasant, around actually the center of the town, there's a mothman statue with like 20-30 Mothman eggs.

cX7bjUV.jpg

Cook those up at a cooking station into Mothman Egg Omelettes, and sell them to a venodr for around 300-400 caps with low cha and no perks for selling

just server hop, and you should max out caps in about 20-30 minutes

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both of my builds are automatic focused. Commando and heavy weapons. So my life is all about lead. Lead, steel, and acid(to make more gunpowder). This is the way.
I have three builds that I made

my first one was punching. Easily one of my favorite ways to play a game. I also have another spec into that with one handed melee weapons, which are terrible compared to two handed

The second is standard automatic weapons, and the third is a pistol build, because I got a hilarious pistol (Single Action revolver with exploding bullets, quad ammo capacity, and damage resistance while reloading. You get 24 shots in that baby that you use up,. then you can honestly just stand there and reload for ten mintues while the enemies desperately try to murder you.

The Purveyor loves giving me heavy weapons though, so I may do some leveling with my strength character to build him up for heavy weapons.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
If you're still worried about caps, literally the easiest way to make caps is to go to point pleasant

latest

In point pleasant, around actually the center of the town, there's a mothman statue with like 20-30 Mothman eggs.

cX7bjUV.jpg

Cook those up at a cooking station into Mothman Egg Omelettes, and sell them to a venodr for around 300-400 caps with low cha and no perks for selling

Oh thank you this is a great advice!

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, another easy way to get caps is to go and sell the massive weapons you are scrapping. Eventually, you wont have new plans to unlock, and unless you need the parts from scrapping, you should just try to sell them.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been scrapping just about everything I come across up to now. I don't think I've sold or traded a single item. Perhaps I need to switch gears.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I have three builds that I made

my first one was punching. Easily one of my favorite ways to play a game. I also have another spec into that with one handed melee weapons, which are terrible compared to two handed

The second is standard automatic weapons, and the third is a pistol build, because I got a hilarious pistol (Single Action revolver with exploding bullets, quad ammo capacity, and damage resistance while reloading. You get 24 shots in that baby that you use up,. then you can honestly just stand there and reload for ten mintues while the enemies desperately try to murder you.

The Purveyor loves giving me heavy weapons though, so I may do some leveling with my strength character to build him up for heavy weapons.

My first build was Gunslinger, but I converted it to Commando as I just couldn't hang against the huge monsters end game.

Heavy weapons is super fun, but requires power armor for the armor penetration perk.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've been using a melee build, but it's starting to hurt a lot whether I wear power armor or not. I kinda want to reconfigure, but it would require so much exp to gather enough points to slot around..

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest? None. Maybe thats my problem lol.

Right now I've been using 3x2 gladiator (basic/expert/master), I've got incisor 3, bloody mess 1 and tenderizer 1, trying to use barbarian/ironclad/refractor to reduce damage but I still feel like I'm taking a ton of damage sometimes.
Starched Genes + Class Freak are pretty much necessary for endgame stuff imo.

What's the "fastest" way to level up?

Quests, events, play with a high level friend and murder some high level enemies

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
To be honest? None. Maybe thats my problem lol.

Right now I've been using 3x2 gladiator (basic/expert/master), I've got incisor 3, bloody mess 1 and tenderizer 1, trying to use barbarian/ironclad/refractor to reduce damage but I still feel like I'm taking a ton of damage sometimes.

Yeah, you need mutations. Get your luck up a bit and make sure you have class freak and starched genes.

Mutations, get Marsupial(mandatory for everyone). For you I would also say Scaly Skin and Twisted Muscles.

You will hit harder, have extra armor, and jump like a kangaroo.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Ah OK. I guess I'll have to get off my private server and sneak around with the experienced players, ha.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely hate melee because ghoul zones where they just overwhelm you are bullshit and bloodied was almost required which I found risky and annoying to maintain. I went rifle and junkies since all the negative special effects from withdrawls basically amount to nothing even with the few wastelander skill checks. That's 50% extra damage on top of skill modifiers and let's you use sneak attacks for the truely nasty stuff. I highly recommend it.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how can you acquire and keep specific mutations? I thought it was just random from getting hit by certain creatures

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017

latest

cX7bjUV.jpg

Nice! Thanks for the tip!

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how can you acquire and keep specific mutations? I thought it was just random from getting hit by certain creatures

There are different mutation serums that the
Enlcave bunker
has as well as plans that other people can use and then build. They sell for around 200-1000 caps at peoples stations. You can actually buy some peoples mutation serums for less then they sell at the vendor for.

Then with a perk called starched genes, you wont less them after using radaway or rad-x.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Definitely buy the mutations from other players. You can find them for around 300-400 caps, I wouldn't pay more than that. Some players will try to gouge.

Don't take the mutations until you have starched genes equipped, or you will lose them.

And seriously, every player, regardless of build, get Marsupial. It's like the equivalent of earning your mount in an MMO. Opens up the game and makes it way more fun.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely buy the mutations from other players. You can find them for around 300-400 caps, I wouldn't pay more than that. Some players will try to gouge.

Don't take the mutations until you have starched genes equipped, or you will lose them.

And seriously, every player, regardless of build, get Marsupial. It's like the equivalent of earning your mount in an MMO. Opens up the game and makes it way more fun.

I say buy any serum from players that are sub or near 200 caps. With alcohol, the rights perks, and some grape mentats, you can easily flip them for 400+ caps at vendors. Keep flipping that money into more cheap serum you find as you fast travel to camps and you can easily have a stockpile that you can quickly cap out vendors after every reset.

But yeah, aside from just making doors and rock walls suggestions and opening up travel, more importantly marsupial allows you to basically jump on something high and get away from nasty shit charging at you while you pick them off. It's saved my ass plenty.

Don't worry about any negative special stats from serums, or even addictions if you go junkie. They don't effect your perk placement and can be temporarily canceled with a simple rad x if you really want to pass a skill check (97% change nothing so don't bother). Their negative side effects are almost entirely unfelt except for maybe negative strength. But by the time your getting into serums, you probably have enough perks so that even then it doesn't really effect you

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I use Grounded, Healing Factor, Marsupial, Scaly Skin, and Speed Demon with level 3 Class Freak so the negatives are essentially nothing.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So if you have that perk equipped a d take serums, what happens if you get a random mutation you don't want from combat? Won't rad away wipe all of them?

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
So if you have that perk equipped a d take serums, what happens if you get a random mutation you don't want from combat? Won't rad away wipe all of them?

Starched genes works both ways. You won't lose the mutations you have, and you won't gain them anymore at random. You can still take serums to get new mutations.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, Strength imo is still important for all builds. So much weight mitigation in it
Starched Genes means you wont get new mutations randomly

radaway will wipe out your mutations without starched genes

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I use Grounded, Healing Factor, Marsupial, Scaly Skin, and Speed Demon with level 3 Class Freak so the negatives are essentially nothing.
Not being able to afford class freak is the only reason I can't run healing factor. I can't give up psychobuffs for the truely nasty shit and or hoards. Luckily I found a weak version of Regen on a leg piece. That and losing rads in sunlight perk are huge QoL I recommend new players. It saves you from using so many radaways and the potential diseases and thirst that brings, along with being able to sell the loads you find for profit.

Things like scaley skin and carnivore should be mandatory go tos for any new player. The negatives are paltry. Same thing with grounded because energy weapons are still trash. It's crazy what a difference that can make in some robo dungeons and ridiculous turrets that could strip a scorch queen

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Now i just need to find a player vendor that has all the serums, lol. Can barely afford one at the bunker with a maxed bargain perk.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Not being able to afford class freak is the only reason I can't run healing factor. I can't give up psychobuffs for the truely nasty shit and or hoards. Luckily I found a weak version of Regen on a leg piece. That and losing rads in sunlight perk are huge QoL I recommend new players. It saves you from using so many radaways and the potential diseases and thirst that brings, along with being able to sell the loads you find for profit.

Things like scaley skin and carnivore should be mandatory go tos for any new player. The negatives are paltry. Same thing with grounded because energy weapons are still trash. It's crazy what a difference that can make in some robo dungeons and ridiculous turrets that could strip a scorch queen

CXjWBpW.gif

Ok I have been just been assigning the default low level perks...but If Im reading this correctly, I should be actually be trying to build a particular perk sequence?

Yet another layer of complexity on top. Goddammit.

Different question. Should I just keep COOKED meals in my body? Do they rot as well? I'm enjoying the regular "Fallout 4 quests and gameplay loop" but I'm really disliking the whole survival thing...

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
CXjWBpW.gif

Ok I have been just been assigning the default low level perks...but If Im reading this correctly, I should be actually be trying to build a particular perk sequence?

Yet another layer of complexity on top. Goddammit.

Different question. Should I just keep COOKED meals in my body? Do they rot as well? I'm enjoying the regular "Fallout 4 quests and gameplay loop" but I'm really disliking the whole survival thing...

The end game meta is all about builds. You tweak and tweak and tweak to try and get better results. I love it.

As for food. Yeah, cooked food decays, but much slower than raw food.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reporting back:

I just played 4 hours straight.

This feels like a bigger Fallout 4 now, its completely functional and I have to say they "fixed" it. Whatever it was that they launched back in the day: this isn't it.

Now, its not amazing either, but the actual real NPC quests drive you to move forward. While going to your destinations you see new places and ...you go exploring...you get new loot, you go back and make new stuff with that loot, then continue with the quest, etc.

Sounds familiar? Yes. Its the same Fallout 4 gameplay loop.

Im not sure yet if I want to keep investing so much time with it, as I still see the "we added this on top of what was already there" layer, but overall, if this was the game at launch: It would have done well.
Everybody who's seen me playing the game on various Discord servers has asked me why I'm playing the bad Fallout.

latest

cX7bjUV.jpg

Any vendor in particular?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Food is actually worth using in this game aside from just filling a survival meter.

Most give buffs that last 30 minutes and you can stack a shitload of em together.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Shiiiiit. I thought I could craft the Homemade but I can't. Now I need to find a recipie ASAP.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shiiiiit. I thought I could craft the Homemade but I can't. Now I need to find a recipie ASAP.

I'm pretty sure one of the VendorBots in the Whitespring Shop sell it, but its not cheap.

Also Salisbury Steak now works with Carnivore so I'll have to get that serum next time I see it. I've got like 100 rad free Salisbury Steaks from the food generator at the Sunshine Meadows Industrial Farm workshop.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The end game meta is all about builds. You tweak and tweak and tweak to try and get better results. I love it.

As for food. Yeah, cooked food decays, but much slower than raw food.
I'm not a big fan of the "negative" builds like Bloodied and Junkie. I don't like having debuffs and I feel like it makes stuff way too easy for such little effort.

I run a Power Armor Heavy Gunner build.

T-51b with a .50cal and Gatling Gun as my primaries for big enemies, Lever Action rifle for low levels.