• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Echoing the others here - every time I've killed an enemy it has dropped the weapon it was using to attack me with. From guns to melee weapons, what I get attacked with is what I loot off their bodies.

I have had it glitch out once or twice where the weapon is dropped in world and not as loot on the body, but then it's just a shotgun and a box of shells right next to their corpse.

I'll pay closer attention now, but I feel I would have caught that disconnect sooner if it was happening to me, because it does sound incredibly odd.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
How are crossbows now that there are archery perks?

I love a good crossbow weapon but could never really make it feel useful outside of stealth which isn't my thing on this build.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
XsT40DJ.jpg

Bethesda Support

Beth updated the Support page yesterday addressing this question.

"If you have linked your Steam account to your Bethesda.net account successfully by April 28th, you will receive your free Steam copy of Fallout 76 by the end of April. "

I'm in the same boat as well, but it looks like we're all good to go.

Just gotta be patient.

Right there with you. Only been a little more than 24 hours, but I'm trying to patiently wait for it to show up in my Steam library.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Echoing the others here - every time I've killed an enemy it has dropped the weapon it was using to attack me with. From guns to melee weapons, what I get attacked with is what I loot off their bodies.

I have had it glitch out once or twice where the weapon is dropped in world and not as loot on the body, but then it's just a shotgun and a box of shells right next to their corpse.

I'll pay closer attention now, but I feel I would have caught that disconnect sooner if it was happening to me, because it does sound incredibly odd.

yes, i've looted tons of weapons off enemy corpse's.........and I've only just started. So i would assume it stays that way most of the time outside of the weapon someone maybe going out of the bodies range?

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's now Mostly Positive. Was not expecting it to climb up to that, at least not this fast.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Went ahead and whipped up a new CAMP for the update.

Still a work in progress, but I love building in this game.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Definitely does not happen for me. And I know for a fact that enemies dropped random weapons when the game first released because it was covered in Joseph Anderson's bug video. Timestamped here:

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this game have equal gamefeel as FO4 yet?

Specifically, does it have gore/dismemberment/physics? The only time I played FO76 was in pre-release beta, and at that time it was missing some of this stuff, feeling static and less tactile than FO4.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Specifically, does it have gore/dismemberment/physics? The only time I played FO76 was in pre-release beta, and at that time it was missing some of this stuff, feeling static and less tactile than FO4.

Yes it does. It had all those things at launch too.

It doesn't feel like 4 100% however because at times there can be a delay in how enemies die with the server tick rate. Meaning you'll see the damage number instantly, but their health won't deplete for a half second before they ragdoll.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States

There's gore and dismemberment, no change from Fallout 4 in that department. Also, enemies ragdoll when killed. However, physics are toned down. You can't pick up and manipulate objects, if you drop an object then it is a paperbag rather than the object itself as in previous Fallouts, etc. Individual objects do react to explosions and sudden trajectories, though, but it's wonky.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017

There's a delay between killing an enemy and that enemy ragdolling.

In addition, the physics are a bit worse in 76. Everything is slower and floatier, so it all looks a bit weird in action. Also, most physics based interactions were removed. You can't pick anything up or move it without using a weapon, and dropped items collect in a bag that is static.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone mind sharing a screenshot of their settings? I'm rocking a 1080ti/8700k with a 1440p monitor. Would love to get 90+ frames if possible while also have the game look good if possible. Probably gonna pick it up this week when I get paid.

Last edited:

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely does not happen for me. And I know for a fact that enemies dropped random weapons when the game first released because it was covered in Joseph Anderson's bug video. Timestamped here:
I did not mean to imply that it wasn't happening for other players, just that it seemed like more of a glitch/bug than the intended experience. Sorry if I came across as dismissive.

Just put another couple of hours in, slowly making my way through the new onboarding Wayward questline and really enjoying myself. Got a decent hunting rifle and working my way through the mines with stealth sneak attacks picking off Scorched was just classic Fallout. Plus, the end of that quest with the Assaultron? I see now why people were saying the writing is better than Fallout 4, cause that was some really great stuff there.

Really happy with my purchase here, and honestly, what better time for a massive Bethesda-like experience than in the middle of a global pandemic. It's totally scratching that itch as a world I can load up, and get lost in for a few hours.

Plus, I'm finding the Food/Water mechanics are actually forcing me to eat/drink all the random shit I pick up in the world, which has been great. And the path of unlocking weapon upgrades by dismantling other versions of that weapon you find makes looting the same Pipe Pistol for the 50th time feel like it still has some value. Especially as most areas seem to have some kind of a workbench nearby where you can scrap junk if your inventory starts to get full.

Just super enjoying my time with this. I figured I'd enjoy it more, since i always thought the original Fallout 76 was not nearly as bad as people made it out to be - but I'm honestly surprised with just HOW much I am enjoying this game now.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017

That does happen, though in the case of -some- instances of it happening is because of the level lists, or you not having plans. Some of the weapons or armors in the game don't have lower level versions and follow a static progression, so an assault rifle may only have level 30, 40, and 50 variants. You kill the enemy and you couldn't use that item if you weren't high enough so it gives you something you can use.

In other instances with Wastelanders there are certain new items that you cannot find in the wild until you get the recipe to craft it. If an enemy has this they'll drop something else when they die if you don't have the plans to craft it.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Just super enjoying my time with this. I figured I'd enjoy it more, since i always thought the original Fallout 76 was not nearly as bad as people made it out to be - but I'm honestly surprised with just HOW much I am enjoying this game now.

Yeah, there are extended moments where the game just clicks with me and it feels very immersive and entertaining. A big part of it is the map, I think. I seriously think this is Bethesda's best map to date, it's so varied and fun to explore.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
It's unlikely, but I do hope they completely rework the scorched at some point (I'd almost prefer if they were removed but that would take a ton of work narrative wise).

They all look the same, animate horribly, don't say anything interesting, and contribute to the "janky" feeling of the game. Like, why do they all hold and shoot their weapons with one hand?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It's unlikely, but I do hope they completely rework the scorched at some point (I'd almost prefer if they were removed but that would take a ton of work narrative wise).

They all look the same, animate horribly, don't say anything interesting, and contribute to the "janky" feeling of the game. Like, why do they all hold and shoot their weapons with one hand?
Outside of the early areas. I'm can't really recall seeing them that often. You see more super mutants than anything though. Those fuckers are everywhere.

I am now in an area with the blue, green, yellow, red floater balloon enemies. They are all over the mountain areas. I guess they are new to the game?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Anyone mind sharing a screenshot of their settings? I'm rocking a 1080ti/8700k with a 1440p monitor. Would love to get 90+ frames if possible while also have the game look good if possible. Probably gonna pick it up this week when I get paid.
I run its max settings at 2560x1080 and get around 90fps on a 2060gpu and 1600x cpu.
Game installed on M.2.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else have enormous pop-in accompanied by severe framerate drops for just a second? I thought it was Creation being Creation, but I played some FO4 today and things fade in much smoother. Here they just kinda pop in from 100 yards out, no matter how high my distance sliders are

I use the medium preset with textures, water, and lighting turned to max. Holds around 80-90 (mostly), same build as you

Yeah, there are extended moments where the game just clicks with me and it feels very immersive and entertaining. A big part of it is the map, I think. I seriously think this is Bethesda's best map to date, it's so varied and fun to explore.
I'm actually finding traversal to be a bit of a slog. Everything feels so far apart and there's always a million hills. I guess that may be a symptom of me just questing and not exploring though, I should just chill tomorrow and walk around without a goal in mind

Mar 18, 2018
Soo... I cannot even start the game without PS+? The Division is also online only, but I can play without PS+. That's a bummer, I wanted to check the game finally.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I just put a bunch of workbenches in a horseshoe around a stash box and cooking station, with a purifier in the corner, lol. I have no creativity or drive to make anything more elegant.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
With all these new players maybe a FO76 vending thread would be handy, not to rip new players off but to help people build up plans and get decently equipped.
Or failing that maybe a gamer tag list so players could visit other camps vending machines.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
With all these new players maybe a FO76 vending thread would be handy, not to rip new players off but to help people build up plans and get decently equipped.
Or failing that maybe a gamer tag list so players could visit other camps vending machines.
I like this idea! I've been wanting to use a 5.56mm rifle I found, but I don't see that ammo dropped in the world yet, so I have to make do with crafting it, and I'm running dangerously low on lead.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
What was the deal with Legendary Scrip again? Been a while since I've played 😬

I'm a returning player who hasn't played in awhile too. From what it seems is that you can break down any legendary item into scrip at vending machines located at every train station, with there being a cap of like 150 per day and two star legendary giving about 15 scrip or so. There's a purveyor NPC at The Rusty Pick bar near the ruins of Charleston that allows you to spend scrip to get 1-3 star random armor or random weapons, I -think- separated into melee and ranged options.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a returning player who hasn't played in awhile too. From what it seems is that you can break down any legendary item into scrip at vending machines located at every train station, with there being a cap of like 150 per day and two star legendary giving about 15 scrip or so. There's a purveyor NPC at The Rusty Pick bar near the ruins of Charleston that allows you to spend scrip to get 1-3 star random armor or random weapons, I -think- separated into melee and ranged options.
I would recommend saving your scrip. The Purveyor has sales occasionally and she also sells Legendary Modules, which are needed to craft the new unique items added in Wastelanders.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
This is straight not true. The weapon drops are random (or picked from a predetermined pool). This goes for all types of weapons.

There is random weapons in the drops but majority of the time it's a version of what the enemy was holding, there is instances that happens quite a bit where the enemies die without dropping any weapon at all. Scorched especially have the most bit of randomness in their loot, while later in the game it's almost guaranteed what they wield is what they drop, like high level mole miners, super mutants, etc. Mutant has a missile launcher, always drops a missile launcher. Same with miniguns, shotguns, and so on.

The issue I think is the random dropping of enemies with no weapon that happens once in a while. Some enemies carry multiple weapons so you kill em and instead it seems you are looting other gear, but then you kill some and they have what they carried plus extra gear.

Just had a bunch of blood eagles waltz up to my base and attack, all 5 dropped what they were using *shrug*

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
There is random weapons in the drops but majority of the time it's a version of what the enemy was holding, there is instances that happens quite a bit where the enemies die without dropping any weapon at all. Scorched especially have the most bit of randomness in their loot, while later in the game it's almost guaranteed what they wield is what they drop, like high level mole miners, super mutants, etc. Mutant has a missile launcher, always drops a missile launcher. Same with miniguns, shotguns, and so on.

The issue I think is the random dropping of enemies with no weapon that happens once in a while. Some enemies carry multiple weapons so you kill em and instead it seems you are looting other gear, but then you kill some and they have what they carried plus extra gear.

Just had a bunch of blood eagles waltz up to my base and attack, all 5 dropped what they were using *shrug*

You are correct. This is exactly what I see. A super mutant with a minigun always drops a minigun and 5mm ammo. A mole miner with a missile launcher always has a missile launcher and missiles.

It's clearly more of a bug issue with the scorched than a feature.

SteveO1683

Nov 1, 2017

A common dead drop location in the game could be a fun way to share things we don't want and don't really want to sell. I always unload anything I don't want (plans, ammo) into the little bag next to the door of the whitespring vendor.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
One of the worlds I logged onto last night had lot of players building around the wayward, it was like they turned the area around the bar into a small town with all the camps

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Returning after some time - is there a way to scrap whatever I've built in my camp? I want to rebuild and maybe move but I want to see if I can salvage anything.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Returning after some time - is there a way to scrap whatever I've built in my camp? I want to rebuild and maybe move but I want to see if I can salvage anything.
If you move your camp everything will be placed into storage as individual objects or as grouped objects. You can mass scrap the grouped objects and recover some materials or you can break the groupings down into their individual objects to reuse without needing to use new resources.

Always store instead of scrap if you intend to reuse something.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you can scrap it all piece by piece, and you can store parts too rebuild them for free too.
If you move your camp everything will be placed into storage as individual objects or as grouped objects. You can mass scrap the grouped objects and recover some materials or you can break the groupings down into their individual objects to reuse without needing to use new resources.

Always store instead of scrap if you intend to reuse something.
Awesome, thanks!

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Does this game support deep pistol/sidearm-only builds?

That was one of many disappointments with Outer Worlds, so I'm interested to hear if a complex gunslinger build is possible in 76.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I tried the game back in the Beta and when they had a free weekend on the Bethesda store a while back, and did not enjoy the game. One of the few things I liked was the world and locations and sights to see. I didn't like the janky multiplayer implementation (especially PvP, but I hear that's mostly avoidable). The VATS in this game was quite awful...I am guessing surely no one actually uses it. I also didn't like that given it was a multiplayer game, when you're with a group of friends who are likely talking either in-game or Discord or something, with all the audio logs and stuff to read, it seemed like a cycle of waiting on each other to finish listening/reading before moving on in the dungeon or quest. I had kind of thought the game would be better if it was something more like Borderlands than what it is. Now that the update has been out for a few days, I had some questions:

1. Are there human enemies now? I didn't like the idea of the Scorched as it seemed kind of dumb that these mindless zombies still understood how to use guns, because that seemed like a dumb justification just to have gun-wielding enemies that weren't Super Mutants. I'm sure the Scorched are still in the game though.
2. Did most of the existing content in the game get reworked to include the NPCs, or is it just new content involving them all and all the old stuff is still recordings/terminals/notes?
3. How brutal are the food/water meters? I don't usually like them in games, but especially when they nag at you a lot more often.
4. Do people PvP very often? I've heard the PvP is not great.
5. Can you play the entire game solo? I know you're still always in a multiplayer server (unless you pony up the $100/year for Fallout 1st), but mainly I mean for the quests: Is it actually viable to do them by yourself or is it recommended you have friends with you?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I tried the game back in the Beta and when they had a free weekend on the Bethesda store a while back, and did not enjoy the game. One of the few things I liked was the world and locations and sights to see. I didn't like the janky multiplayer implementation (especially PvP, but I hear that's mostly avoidable). The VATS in this game was quite awful...I am guessing surely no one actually uses it. I also didn't like that given it was a multiplayer game, when you're with a group of friends who are likely talking either in-game or Discord or something, with all the audio logs and stuff to read, it seemed like a cycle of waiting on each other to finish listening/reading before moving on in the dungeon or quest. I had kind of thought the game would be better if it was something more like Borderlands than what it is. Now that the update has been out for a few days, I had some questions:

1. Are there human enemies now? I didn't like the idea of the Scorched as it seemed kind of dumb that these mindless zombies still understood how to use guns, because that seemed like a dumb justification just to have gun-wielding enemies that weren't Super Mutants. I'm sure the Scorched are still in the game though.
2. Did most of the existing content in the game get reworked to include the NPCs, or is it just new content involving them all and all the old stuff is still recordings/terminals/notes?
3. How brutal are the food/water meters? I don't usually like them in games, but especially when they nag at you a lot more often.
4. Do people PvP very often? I've heard the PvP is not great.
5. Can you play the entire game solo? I know you're still always in a multiplayer server (unless you pony up the $100/year for Fallout 1st), but mainly I mean for the quests: Is it actually viable to do them by yourself or is it recommended you have friends with you?

1.) Yes there is now various raiders running around.
2.) Old stuff is mostly the same, but they did rework some of the npcs in the old content to have dialogue you can interact with. It doesn't change them much but now there is more dialogue you can have with the old quests as well as some new npcs in various spots where old quests were.
3.) The penalty sucks, but food and water is plentiful really and once you build a camp and learn to farm, its not much of an issue. You can also take perks that greatly reduce your need to consume food and water
4.) People rarely pvp at all. They put in a survival mode at one point that was full open pvp but it wasn't popular supposedly so they took it away. Most pvp if you want is in the Nuclear Winter mode which is a BR style of mode that is tied into the game storyline sorta.
5.) You can play through pretty much 95% of everything solo. Events are the common thing that involves other players but you can do many of them solo too really, just some are too hard to do on your own, but you don't need to search for other players, they redid events so that people can jump to an event for free from anywhere in the world so its alot easier to find a quick group and just accomplish the task. Public events don't really offer any story though so you can avoid them too.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
1.) Yes there is now various raiders running around.
2.) Old stuff is mostly the same, but they did rework some of the npcs in the old content to have dialogue you can interact with. It doesn't change them much but now there is more dialogue you can have with the old quests as well as some new npcs in various spots where old quests were.
3.) The penalty sucks, but food and water is plentiful really and once you build a camp and learn to farm, its not much of an issue. You can also take perks that greatly reduce your need to consume food and water
4.) People rarely pvp at all. They put in a survival mode at one point that was full open pvp but it wasn't popular supposedly so they took it away. Most pvp if you want is in the Nuclear Winter mode which is a BR style of mode that is tied into the game storyline sorta.
5.) You can play through pretty much 95% of everything solo. Events are the common thing that involves other players but you can do many of them solo too really, just some are too hard to do on your own, but you don't need to search for other players, they redid events so that people can jump to an event for free from anywhere in the world so its alot easier to find a quick group and just accomplish the task. Public events don't really offer any story though so you can avoid them too.
I might give it a try...the other thing I want to know, is would I get a sense if I would continue to enjoy the game within two hours? If I don't like it, I'm going to Steam refund it.