• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Th3BranMan

Nov 8, 2017

Inside The Vault article from today goes into additional detail, answering some lingering questions.

fallout.bethesda.net

Fallout 76 | Fallout 76: Inside the Vault – Wastelanders Preview Panel Recap and Gameplay Video

This week, we’re recapping our Wastelanders Preview Panel from Bethesda Game Days last week, sharing raw Wastelanders gameplay footage, and answering a few more community questions about the update.

I think it looks pretty good for what it is. Not sure if it'll be the shot in the arm that they are hoping for, but we'll see.

Oct 27, 2017
Hello? Bethesda?
Oblivion called, they want their models back:
RnOGala.png

Unless it is some kind of meta-storyline about machines cloning humans, pretty much an Alpha program for Terminators or something.

Oct 30, 2017
I mean I enjoyed FO 76 for what it was, but I can't see myself coming back with other games occupying my time.

I personally was just tiring of the campaign and running into overleveled enemies on my way to an objective. The level grind was also pretty tedious.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
It looks...pretty decent actually. But my god those frames. They never gonna fix this shitty engine

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I skimmed through this and didnt see any MP gameplay. Honestly looks like they're pivoting it from MMO to single player with optional coop

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Fallout 4 engine has not aged well.

I skimmed through this and didnt see any MP gameplay. Honestly looks like they're pivoting it from MMO to single player with optional coop

In the end, the person playing is accompanied by other players. It looks to have turned into the Fallout with coop that everyone was asking for to begin with.

Deleted member 33567

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
looks better, but I hate head bob, especially when there is a lowish framerate.

can it be turned off on console yet?

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I love Fallout and would want to try it it. It will have to wait as its releasing during a bad time in between RE3 and FF7.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Hello? Bethesda?
Oblivion called, they want their models back:
RnOGala.png

Unless it is some kind of meta-storyline about machines cloning humans, pretty much an Alpha program for Terminators or something.

I'm not going to complain about the NPC models. I'm just impressed that we have them at all. This game could've been left to die in a ditch.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Nice but I've already platted the game. Not sure how the game will end up in a year or two but if it becomes similar to Fallout 4 online with lots of NPCs and quests I'll be in again.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
This looks good. The engine is still clearly dragging them down, but we were never going to get a miracle. I played through Fallout 76 last year. It was one of the worst gaming experiences of my life. Hopefully this game will reach a state where it isn't unrepentantly awful. Fingers crossed.

The Fallout 4 engine has not aged well.

I mean, it was out-of-date when Fallout 4 released, so that is a pretty big understatement.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Bought this game for $10 when they announced this, At least they're giving the community what they asked for so I think it's worth $10 to give it a try.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's cool there doing this, but it's still not enough for me to want to play the game.